立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 123|回复: 0

LSAT考试全真试题三SECTION3(2)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 13:24:23 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
7. Of all the photographs taken of him at his wedding there was one that John and his friends sharply disagreed about. His friends all said that this particular picture did not much resemble him, but John said that on the contrary it was the only photograph that did.
+ m5 B2 P5 W2 \8 G, h, e6 z* R+ ~8 A: f) I# g# ~
Which one of the following, if true about the photograph most helps to explain John s disagreement with his friends?, H; F: g% e$ P1 t" D7 u3 A3 y% n$ y8 z

z) _! D! d- ^* w1 r0 _8 x( p- i(A) It, unlike the other photographs of John, showed him in the style of dress he   and his friends usually wear rather than the formal clothes he wore at the   ceremony.
6 ?5 e7 p. D7 z" p: e6 C' z0 [(B) It was the only photograph taken of John at his wedding for which the   photographer had used a flash., P8 N' I0 r! {& J9 F% k
(C) It was a black-and-white photograph, whereas the other photographs that   showed John were mostly color photographs.
' Q2 z! |* @4 D% @1 W(D) It was unique in showing John s face reflected in a mirror, the photographer   having taken the photograph over John s shoulder.
, X# ]$ T8 V, {/ Q' D(E) It was one of only a few taken at the wedding that showed no one but John.; e& J# X! a7 m

/ K- h% E8 u" X3 ]5 j4 qQuestions 8-9
' M" k* V0 o: e: R
, q" R- c/ @+ K, P8 o  Eva: A "smart highway" system should be installed, one that would monitor areawide traffic patterns and communicate with computers in vehicles or with programmable highway signs to give drivers information about traffic congestion and alternate routes. Such a system, we can infer, would result in improved traffic flow in and around cities that would do more than improve drivers tempers; it would decrease the considerable loss of money and productivity that now results from traffic congestion.4 e, F6 O" A( g9 B
3 s5 M7 A9 O2 Y' v% Q: u" L
Lines: There are already traffic reports on the radio. Why would a "smart highway" system be any better?% R8 D: j" [! n" g( w7 Y% }& s( `/ Y" I: z

' I8 E( m' J3 N. m8 ]8. Eva s argument depends on the assumption that4 K* E% _$ }5 m0 Q% q! k- X
6 f. }  Z* b* |6 f% {
(A) on "smart highways" there would not be the breakdowns of vehicles that   currently cause traffic congestion
3 I7 j2 S( `5 K" p; t( }. Q6 B( y( U(B) traffic lights, if coordinated by the system, would assure a free flow of traffic
, ^# [* h7 b0 G8 v(C) traffic flow in and around cities is not now so congested that significant   improvement is impossible. o1 o( p3 @* I0 C+ Z) d
(D) the type of equipment used in "smart highway" systems would vary from   one city to another5 {  K7 i" K3 w5 P/ d
(E) older wehicles could not be fitted with equipment to receive signals sent by   a "smart highway" system
6 @/ j5 ~4 Y- x1 i6 x8 H: ?3 q
- W: I' `/ X' b8 h* _- i$ w9. If Eva responded to Luis by saying that the current one-minute radio reports are too short to give a sufficient description of overall patterns of traffic congestion, which one of the following, if true, would most strengthen Luis s challenge?
* h8 q! ~/ }* R$ }- s2 {4 x5 G1 {' L+ l& |" z  @
(A) Bad weather, which radio stations report, would cause traffic to slow down   whether or not a "smart highway" system was in operation.
( n% J( G6 ?( e2 y0 j* \3 T(B) It would be less costly to have radio stations that give continual, lengthier   traffic reports than to install a "smart highway" system.
% m- n; f7 I5 q8 n7 i(C) Radio reports can take note of congestion once it occurs, but a "smart   highway" system could anticipate and forestall it in many instances.1 s) r0 {: e) c
(D) The proposed traffic monitoring would not reduce the privacy of drivers.
2 n. J* u9 |- E# E7 L, _5 ?(E) Toll collection booths, which constiture traffic bottlenecks, would largely be   replaced in the "smart highway" system by electronic debiting of   commuters accounts while traffic proceeded at full speed.% d5 U) N9 k) t8 B  N5 x7 V$ b! \

1 ~  V% J* \8 I7 @2 P* i4 E10. The terms "sex" and "gender" are often used interchangeably. But "sex" more properly refers to biological differences of male and female, while "gender" refers to society s construction of a system that identifies what is masculine and feminine. Unlike the set of characteristies defining biological sex, the set of traits that are associated with gender does not sort people into two nonoverlapping groups. The traits characterize people in a complex way, so that a person may have both "masculine" and "feminine" traits.
# B, m4 n/ U; k- s1 S/ @* X- s) P$ j& d& v( N; N" O9 w, A
Which one of the following statements best expresses a main point of the argument?
# c. U. _& ^1 s# K
- Q( ~- [: z4 a) T$ B(A) Distinctions based on gender are frequently arbitrary.2 o$ E# T$ c' ^3 A1 R
(B) Gender traits are not determined at birth.
6 l1 v1 L" t- R$ J(C) Masculine gender traits are highly correlated with maleness.
/ m9 H: b. Z2 `& S1 W(D) The terms "sex" and "gender" are not properly interchangeable.
, N6 B4 P: F) p% w2 v0 z# B  O0 _( W(E) Society rather than the individual decides what is considered proper   behavior.7 f9 R% W% g0 L! g6 z

3 \/ Q# X0 |5 X) I: t11. Raising the tax rate on essential goods—a traditional means of increasing govemment revenues—invariably turns low-and middle-income taxpayers against the government. Hence government officials have proposed adding a new tax on pruchases of luxury items such as yachts, private planes, jewels, and furs. The officials in government revenues while affecting only the wealthy individuals and corporations who can afford to purchase such items.% n) u, r9 t6 i  `% q, R

7 S  G: R2 W& v- y  The answer to which one of the following questions would be most relevant in evaluating the accuracy of the government officials prediction?
+ ^2 P) Q5 l  _0 f. e
( }1 `/ Y& A! e* f/ M- T2 n  u+ M(A) Will luxury goods be taxed at a higher rate than that at which essential   goods are currently taxed?
, A+ T$ o+ M: l! G- ^2 N* B(B) Will be revenues generated by the proposed tax be comparable to those   that are currently being generated by taxes on essential goods?# Y! G5 x2 p) O
(C) Will sales of the luxury items subject to the proposed tax occur at current   rates once the proposed tax on luxury items has been passed?
2 Q& ~: ~  I3 K(D) Will the proposed tax on luxury items win support for the government in the   eyes of low-and middle-income taxpayers?
$ G4 ]/ u; _6 O! p(E) Will purchases of luxury items by corporations account for more of the   revenue generated by the proposed tax than will purchases of luxury items   by wealthy individuals?
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-28 09:09 , Processed in 0.326157 second(s), 21 queries .