QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 144|回复: 0

LSAT考试全真试题五SECTION2(2)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 13:24:23 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Questions 7-8. O2 y: }8 K' r6 r" N' z

T( E7 g! i$ v) T/ y6 K! n  The fishing industry cannot currently be relied upon to help the government count the seabirds killed by net fishing, since an accurate count might result in restriction of net fishing. The goveernment should therefore institute a program under which tissue samples from the dead birds are examined to determine the amount of toxins in the fish eaten by the birds. The industry would then have a reason to turn in the bird carcasses, since the industry needs to know whether the fish it catches are contaminated with toxins.1 F! k: j9 Z$ R

" v) r# C+ E0 f0 J/ W; J7. Which one of the following, if true, most strengthens the argument?
6 {+ {4 r+ E: K5 o! X% r8 `1 ^: U. v
(A) The seabirds that are killed by net fishing do not eat all of the species of fish   caught by the fishing industry9 {8 h: H+ r5 ~% R5 U/ F# ^
(B) The government has not in the past sought to determine whether fish were   contaminated with toxins by examining tissue samples of seabirds0 X4 G  Z& h4 Z( V" x! I/ f
(C) The government cannot gain an accurate count of the number of seabirds   killed by net fishing unless the fishing industry cooperates
; J9 ?( V( {) g/ s& e- U3 ?- G, T(D) If the government knew that fish caught by the fishing industry were   contaminated by toxins, the government would restrict net fishing
, Y! m0 h; k. N) ]+ S4 y8 i9 v8 B(E) If net fishing were restricted by the government, then the fishing industry   would become more inclined to reveal the number of seabirds killed by net   fishing.
' c2 t" Y8 e/ x0 F3 D
1 ?/ j& ~# i, R; S7 i8. Which one of the following, if true, most strongly indicates that the government program would not by itself provide an accurate count of the seabirds killed by net fishing?+ K* R7 R7 M- S
3 K: o: k5 S) B% ~% r
(A) The seabirds killed by net fishing might be contaminated with several   different toxins even if the birds eat only one kind of fish- _+ _& w  o( }" Q" j) \/ }7 ]# L
(B) The fishing industry could learn whether the fish it catches are contaminated   with toxins if only a few of the seabirds killed by the nets were examined
5 A% U' D0 e  l(C) The government could gain valuable information about the source of toxins   by examining tissue samples of the seabirds caught in the nets.  Y6 p  k2 m* b% U% \
(D) The fish caught in a particular net might be contaminated with the same   toxins as those in the seabirds caught in that net.
1 m7 P9 T9 K: D- \  Q, X(E) The government would be willing to certify that the fish caught by the   industry are not contaminated with toxins if tests done on the seabirds   showed no contamination
( J$ G# `& F& A. J$ c8 d4 }
' E/ p/ K/ f+ J8 C* b: @9. Some people claim that elected officials must avoid even the appearance of impropriety in office. Yet since actions that give the appearance of impropriety are not necessarily improper, the only reason for an elected official to avoid the appearance of impropriety is to maintain publie approval and popularity. No one however, not even a publicc official, has an obligation to be popular or to maintain public approval.9 o7 D4 t- H- A5 \3 E2 s5 }$ y& D' p

9 L2 e3 x  f9 h9 E. b" W: S* H( k  The argument is structured so as to lead to which one of the following conclusions?1 p* W. o4 {9 K7 t( n
9 b3 n3 ^: q! w, w  w, P9 d
(A) No elected official has an obligation to avold the appearance of impropriety
9 d% ^( P' T8 R- X+ l! [; U5 q(B) All elected officials have a vested interest in mainatining a high public   approval rating.
5 M5 }: P  q3 |  @4 X(C) Elected official who have beeen scrupulous in satisfying the obligations of   their office should ensure that the public is aware of this fact.' C- V$ D5 p$ I
(D) The public never approves of an elected official who appears to have behaved   improperly in office
1 E: Z1 @0 j5 F" Z" g: E5 ~$ g(E) Elected officials who abuse the power of their office have an obligation at   least to appear to be fulfilling the obligations of their office.! I+ o- H9 _& N
9 |! E& p) x8 r# |* N! s3 J
10. Cafereria patron The apples sold in this cafeteria are greasy. The cashier told me that the apples are in that condition when they are delivered to the cafeteria and that the cafeteria does not wash the apples it sells. Most fruit is sprayed with dangerous pesticides before it is harvested, and is dangerous until it is washed. Clearly, the cafeteria is selling pesticide-covered fruit thereby endangering its patrons., m( s+ T0 }& p% J3 g5 @
; L. c$ J. e! y! ~0 O! J' m# W
  Which one of the following is an assumption on which the argument depends?
4 ^* J* r7 P: G; L(A) The apples that the cafeteria sells are not thoroughly washed after harvest   but before reaching the cafeteria
! e3 ~+ P; a/ C% c5 |) Z- \+ ](B) Most pesticides that are sprayed on fruit before harvest leave a greasy   residue on the fruit4 S, y: J& V! G% v1 C
(C) Many of the cafeteria s patrons are unaware that the cafeteria does not   wash the apples it sells.
& y3 d0 C: x: a% V(D) Only pesticides that leave a greasy residue on fruit can be washed off
) `+ j# J$ P- \, b1 V(E) Fruits other than apples also arrive at the cafeteria in a greasy condition; c6 }! S4 G$ v' w
8 [( c5 Q$ t- i5 X* s( J, C/ U
11. P: Because an elected official needs the support of a political party to be effective, the independent candidate for the legislature cannot possibly be an effective legislator if she wins.5 F+ N: x7 m  f" |  b6 r) T1 ^. S2 Z. r
1 N0 K! D  v6 O& h# {3 [2 f
  Q: I disagree By your reasoning, our current legislator, who has the support of a political party, ought to have been effective, but he has hot been.
: N% W( i' z$ d! F1 a
/ Z' ^# A( g) y  Which one of the following is the best criticism of Q s statement?
5 _( P  y+ R# X; `* V
/ [$ S. I3 a6 s0 d4 A(A) It simply contradicts P s claim without offering evidence against it.4 N# |' x& q( {
(B) It does not consider the possibility that a political party might decide to   support an elected legislator even though he or she ran as an independent.
% j7 _' d# m$ v3 }: k  s9 B(C) It fails to provide a precise definition for a key term—the wore "effective".
0 y( ~5 K; N% b. z(D) It presupposes what is to be proved—that a legislator must have the support   of a political party in order to be "effective"9 p  y8 h2 J  Y: u0 s
(E) It mistakenly interprets P to be claiming that a factor assures rather than is   necessary for a legislator s effectiveness
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-28 11:32 , Processed in 0.177440 second(s), 21 queries .