立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 252|回复: 0

LSAT考试全真试题四SECTION3(3)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 13:24:23 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
10. All material bodies are divisible into parts and everything divisible is imperfec. It follows that all material bodies are imperfect It likewise follows that the spirit is not a material body
; Q! K& J; B- ?
: e2 A  D0 m4 Z: D6 F  The final conclusion above follows logically if which one of the following is assumed?; g2 B2 d' g% U* k, O% T
. @7 m( l& V3 G. ]4 U) |* G
(A) Everything divisible is a material body
' B" I5 E# N+ Q(B) Nothing imperfect is indivisible% J$ y& R6 c8 j) x
(C) The spirit is divisible
) D1 B/ I( B& v+ d: \9 [1 K(D) The spirit is perfect
& L. G# A* Z% y; M( D! }(E) The spirit is either indivisible or imperfect
1 c' y0 F8 b3 [9 `3 V9 ]- I& k6 }. C3 k$ \, l6 C' e
11. Special kinds of cotton that grow fibers of green or brown have been around since the 1930s but only recently became commercially feasible when a long-fibered variety that can be spun by machine was finally bred Since the cotton need not be dyed processing plants avoid the expense of dyeing and the ecological hazards of getting rid of icftover dye and by-products' @9 d3 T% ]+ K6 T
$ g0 Z' x0 F! j; t
  Which one fo the following can be properly inferred from the passage?
: q! E7 n! Y1 r' _% J9 I/ U4 q6 ~* A
(A) It is ecologically safer to process long-fibered cotton than short-fibered   cotton0 q( I& Y; f+ v
(B) Green and brown cottons that cna the spun only by hand are not   commercially viable
$ ^9 g% C8 `- E) R' O(C) Hand-spun cotton is more ecologically sate than machine-spun cotton
5 b6 U: z& h. d$ s1 |(D) Short-fibered regular cottons are economically competitive with synthetic   fabries
1 V$ T6 m+ N0 v; {(E) Garments made of green and brown cottons are less expensive than   garments made of regular cotton
7 w( `+ c& L, s  \) [
2 m- }% ^1 b. y/ {6 X% f- }12. People in the tourist industry know that excessive development of seaside areas by the industry damages the environment. Such development also hurts the tourist industry by making these areas unattractive to tourists a fact of which people in the tourist industry are well aware People in the tourist industry would never knowingly do anything to damage the industry. Therefore, they would never knowingly damage the seaside environment and people who are concerned about damage to the seaside people who are concerned about damage to the seaside environment thus have nothing to fear from the tourist industry9 n: _# F) h$ I- ^

0 W* L7 t. L! o. B6 M  The reasoning in the arguments is most vulnerable to
& D, i, _/ r/ F$ D( x, |9 }
4 [4 B3 `- r9 x+ Q: h/ N) d(A) No support is provided for the claim that excessive development hurts the   tourist industry+ [- g! h8 y0 G9 ?5 V- A
(B) That something is not the cause of a problem is used as evidence that it   never coexists with that problem. ^1 M; U# R- _# _
(C) The argument shifts from applving a characteristie to a few membets of a   group to applying the character istie to all members of that group! m+ Q7 g: S. K. p: s
(D) The possibility that the tourist industry would unintentionally harm the   environment is ignored: y4 z8 S& v8 _, z" W7 \+ s7 l" v
(E) the argument establishes that a certain state of affairs is likely and then   treats that as evidence that the state of affairs is inveitable) H& ?  K4 `, j

0 F! S& r* f3 c! R9 a13. Health officials claim that because the foods and beverages mentioned or consumed on many television programs are extremely low in nutritional value watching television has a bad influence on the dietary habits of television viewers.
1 k: P- Z5 S  K. m9 K( Z6 |# C! o1 ^: J$ D- D
  The claim by health officials depends on the presupposition that9 b; V8 Q* I" ]/ x% W4 Z. E" e6 v0 ^
. n1 E2 @7 R1 p' P( Q0 H
(A) the eagint and drinking habits of people on television programs are designed   to mirror the eating and drinking habits of television viewers5 J' m- \' ?; j0 B& U
(B) seeing some foods and beverages being consumed on or hearing them   mentioned on television programs mereases the likelihood that viewers will   consume similar kinds of foods and beverages.
" G( _# k- \8 L7 m; x(C) the food and beverage industry finances television programs so that the   foods and beverages that have recently appeared on the market can be   advertised on those programs' z4 T, R3 U, ]
(D) television viewers are only interested in the people on television programs   who have the same eating and drinking habits as they do
. h, X' W7 Y7 F0 s4 e, `9 x! ?( m(E) the eating and drinking habits of people on television programs proclde   health officerals with acctuate predictions about the foods and beverages   that will become popular among television viewers
3 D: C% F7 t( C# x4 D0 _: q. v9 _8 k: G# q
14. In an effort to boost sales during the summer months, which are typically the best for soft-drink sales Foamy Soda lowered its prices. In spite of this, however, the sales of Foamy Soda dropped during the summer months.( ?/ i( Y$ ^& F- A
- K; }9 G3 [% Y- X9 w6 A' t& T' z
  Each of the following, if true, contributes to reconciling the apparent discrepancy indicated above EXCEPT:
7 u: ]0 r) U: k8 p" {
6 |7 R3 w+ E- d2 A0 D9 H8 q(A) The soft-drink industry as a whole experienced depressed sales during the   summer months5 h) w8 r9 ^# a8 ?, A; v
(B) Foamy Soda s competitors lowered their prices even more drastically during   the summer months) n' B$ H' d4 K0 r9 w
(C) Because of an increase in the price of sweeteners the production costs of   Foamy Soda rose during the summer months0 e( f9 N5 b: L, m" [+ ], i
(D) A strike at Foamy Soda s main plant forced production cutbacks that   resulted in many stores not receiving their normal shipments during the   summer months
8 {% I, v! C/ S$ G9 J9 v(E) The weather during the summer months was unseasonably cool, decreasing   the demand for soft drinks3 a" h$ ^, D% |! J, D* [
: O. y4 f- w# k0 I
15. Dr. Z.Many of the characterizations of my work offered by Dr.Q are imprecise and such characterizations do not provide an adequate basis for sound criticism of my work1 f& i) T1 E1 _9 I' E1 L$ u: C

( d! |. J; M2 g0 S$ U  Which one of the following can be properly inferred from Dr. Z s statement?; I1 K# G; }$ i1 G

* [9 L( _5 _: r! }$ O3 m' d! t- `! |(A) Some or Dr Q s characterizations of Dr. Z s work provide an adequate basis   for sound criticism of Dr. Z s work
0 q" L2 D5 w3 f# K* I5 T7 r+ N(B) All of Dr Q s characterizations of Dr. Z s work that are not imprecise provide   an adequate basis for sound criticism of Dr. Z s work& v: K% c+ i; o# d6 f& P' Q
(C) All fo the characterizations of Dr. Z s work by Dr. Q that do not provide an   adequate basis for sound criticism of Dr Z s work are imprecise
- ]- C/ J5 n8 t0 q5 B(D) If the characterization of someone s work is precise, then it provides a   sound basis for criticizing that work
0 p7 j. f7 M$ D) P1 a(E) At least one of Dr Q s characterizations of Dr. Z s work fails to provide an   adequate basis for sound criticism of that work
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 22:32 , Processed in 0.210538 second(s), 21 queries .