立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 129|回复: 0

LSAT考试模拟试题:LSAT考试试题一e

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 13:24:23 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
21. Which one of the following best describes the main idea of the passage?
1 X6 j- z6 z  m& O4 e! m6 E2 Z(A) Although they disagree about the degree to which economic motives influenced Britain's abolition of slavery, Drescher and Eltis both concede that moral persuasion by abolitionists was a significant factor.
4 {. ~7 o2 M1 u0 t# j( {7 }7 k3 E(B) Although both Drescher and Eltis have questioned Williams' analysis of the motivation behind Britain's abolition of slavery, there is support for part of Williams' conclusion.
- d. u4 }; M- g' y+ R( e(C) Because he has taken into account the populist characteristics of British abolitionism, Drescher's explanation of what motivated Britain's abolition of slavery is finally more persuasive than that of Eltis. 6 }' ^6 T" H+ c7 l
(D) Neither Eltis nor Drescher has succeeded in explaining why support for Britain's abolition of slavery appears to have cut across lines of party, class, and religion
7 ?3 N. T, I/ b(E) Although flawed in certain respects, Williams' conclusions regarding the economic condition of British slave colonies early in the nineteenth century have been largely vindicated.
" E" R: q# u! A$ [, O4 J% x! X22. It can be inferred that Eltis cites the views of "certain notables" (line 35) in order to
, f8 x& [2 ]$ F4 J(A) support the claim that British traditions of liberty were not as trong as Drescher believed them to be# P1 H7 T! P' T
(B) support the contention that a strong labor force was important to Britain's economy
3 O$ ~+ {/ v7 w6 o* }5 N(C) emphasize the importance of slavery as an institution in preindustria Britain
  o& g: V- o, T- b8 |2 `! D(D) indicate that the laboring classes provided little support for the abolition of slavery1 Q- v: p) v+ |: \4 S
(E) establish that laborers in preindustrial Britain had few civil rights
( `4 T4 n; ~/ m0 v! @. l- K5 O; T23. Which one of the following best states Williams' view of the primary reason for Britain's abolition of the slave trade and the emancipation of slaves in its colonies?+ Y+ ?& X8 }/ u
(A) British populism appealed to people of varied classes, parties, and religions.- g, f, H: G. R
(B) Both capitalists and workers in Britain accepted the moral precepts of abolitionists.
; |: v. y1 C; ]: P: v" L( A(C) Forced labor in the colonies could not produce enough goods to staisfy Bfritish consumers." E  S3 |% o7 a
(D) The operation of colonies based on forced labor was no longer economically advantageous.
, l& N# L6 R1 s  @(E) British workers became convinced that forced labor in the colonies prevented paid workers from rreceiving higher wages.& q) B. e; G% P! K
24. According to Eltis, low wages and Draconian vagrancy laws in Britain in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries were intended to/ [7 I8 z9 ~7 S% m, |8 j; W" C$ z
(A) protect laborers against unscrupulous employment practices4 j$ ?- N' i/ T$ ~; V7 n
(B) counter the move to enslave unemployed laborers
* J! F5 u7 t; P. s' y; Q; ^(C) ensure a cheap and productive work force: o- K9 H% S- A* C# h
(D) ensure that the work force experienced no unemployment
4 U0 a$ u+ c5 b) _3 Q7 w(E) ensure that products produced in British colonies employing forced labor could compete effectively with those produced in Britain
3 ]  K7 O% Y; @6 C4 _7 d# |25. It can be inferred that the author of the passage views Drescher's presentation of British traditions concerning liberty as
% ]5 @6 n: n6 H! A(A) accurately stated& m9 x5 [" J; ~, F( T
(B) somewhat unrealistic
0 [( D, }" b2 b, B(C) carefully researched  g6 g1 s/ K( Z( F
(D) unnecessarily tentative  ?1 W1 B  K9 z# Y7 o3 z% K3 a0 P
(E) superficially convincing
9 e& g0 X& R* l26. The information in the passage suggests that Eltis and Drescherr agree that3 D+ o; y! U6 `! [
(A) people of all classes in Britain supported the abolition of slavery: |4 r/ q& ~) f" N- S- d) k: K. w
(B) the motives behind Britain's abolition of slavery were primarily economic4 [" d7 p' ]# B
(C) the moral vision of abolitionists played a vital part in Britain's abolition of slavery' @  ~4 [6 X' R! b9 I& {* o
(D) British traditions of liberty have been idealized by historizns
7 L7 E# {$ M1 W" w& q8 b) L(E) Britain's tradition of political activism was primarily responsible for Britain's abolition of slavery5 i3 @1 g' _; P/ O* @) O
27. According to passage, Eltis argues against which one of the following contentions?& r6 Z) A$ \' }& S: R, a- }, ?2 i
(A) Popular support for antislavery measures existed in Britain in the early nineteenth century.* d2 ^9 Q7 A& k+ \
(B) In the early nineteenth century, colonies that employed forced labor were still economically viable
6 g2 b5 }" M4 M" t2 u: `/ ?(C) British views concerning personal liberty motivated nineteenth-century British opposition to slavery/ i, k$ M: O2 ~  I# b  o# K
(D) Widespread literacy in Britain contributed to public opposition to slavery in the early nineteenth century.6 W# z2 S/ }( E* Z$ s
(E) Antislavery measures proposed by conservative politicians in the early nineteenth century met with little opposition
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 22:58 , Processed in 0.156429 second(s), 21 queries .