立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 114|回复: 0

LSAT考试模拟试题:LSAT考试试题一c

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 13:24:23 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
9. The primary purpose of the passage is to provide an answer to which one of the following questions?
7 R2 M1 n  o; a* G" U(A) How should the legal protection of Native American burial grounds be enhanced?
4 {  O7 H. Q8 q9 v: S3 I1 e(B) What characteristics of Native American burial grounds enhance their chances for protection by the law?
0 s8 [  K* a# v+ Q$ a' a! s(C) In what ways does the law protect the rights of Native Americans in regard to the contents of ancestral graves?
' A  O) s# c' i) Q(D) Why are the courts concerned with protecting Native American burial grounds from desecration?
* F0 A+ d) s* Z) V- P0 V(E) By what means can Native Americans establish their rights to land on which their ancestors are buried?; ]* ?+ f! p- e  f5 L2 w: }
10. It can be inferred that a court would be most liekly to deny standing in a disinterment case to which one of the following the Native American plaintiffs?/ Y, l2 |& i, P& \4 _+ r! U
(A) one who seeks, as one of several beneficianries of his father's estate, to protect the father's burial site
7 O; V* _1 f) w/ n* b$ S$ N# }3 m(B) one who seeks to prevent tenants on her land from taking artifacts from a grave located on the property/ R& _% e, _$ a. \, N
(C) one who represents a tribe whose members hope to prevent the disiment of remains from a distant location from which the tribe recently moved
2 z6 V0 Y1 j7 l0 @(D) one who seeks to have artifacts that have been removed from a grave determined to be that of her second cousin returned ot the grave8 A/ `1 |  v% F' M/ h
(E) one who seek the returen of artifacts taken from the ancient burial grounds of disparate tribes and now displayed in a museum
4 i8 {: C! u+ k* T1 C9 J11. According to the passage, which one of the following is true of cases involving ancient graves?
3 W. t; ]; y' g* p(A) Once a plaintiff's standing has been established, such cases are usually more difficult to resolve than are cases involving more recent graves.
" E* k1 S2 v6 C5 T7 V(B) The distinction between individual and communal property is usually an issue in such cases.+ {6 N) ^; q+ \2 D5 w5 f9 C' N
(C) Even when a plaintiff's standing has been established, property law cannot be used as a basis for the claims of Native Americans in most such cases.
! c5 W& J9 S/ ^3 U. z" `% A(D) In most such cases, common law does not currently provide a clear basis for establishing that Native Americans have standing.
2 [; e: ^5 h7 a) n, V% w% }; c( o(E) Common law is rarely used as a basis for the claims of Native Americans who have established standing in such cases.
0 z) A3 d& Z9 S3 r12. The passage suggests that in making the urling in Charrier v. Bell the court is most likely to have considered the answer to which one of the following questions?
2 k$ K& ^- Y4 C  D% E  K(A) Are the descendants of the deceased still alive?
/ D. g* H: l) @- M1 {% V" Z(B) What was the reason for burying the objects in question?8 h4 ]$ j- f" j6 k
(C) How long after interment had buried objects been claimed by a stranger?
* l6 k" Z9 |& t% l, D1 r- ](D) Did the descendants of the deceased remain in the neighborhood of the cemetery?# V4 A$ J- T" \( G  {& e, t
(E) Could the property on which buried objects were found be legally considered to be abandoned property?( s! d$ g6 B" T8 O$ r2 K
13. The author uses the second paragraph to- J/ {* P9 ^( v* ?  s8 N
(A) illustrate the contention that common law may support the claims of Native Americans to the contents of ancestral graves
, p5 N) ?0 r7 H2 k$ N6 `(B) exemplify the difficulties that Native Americans are likely to encounter in claiming ancestral remains+ w1 ~7 n3 {. q8 K* j6 x' g
(C) introduce a discussion of the distinction between individual and communal property
! q1 S1 }+ I6 r, M. x(D) confirm the contention that cases involving ancient graves present unresolved legal problems
$ X  d! L  h% ^0 g(E) suggest that property law is applicable in most disinterment cases. z, [  e3 A% W, ^
14. Which one of the following best expresses the main idea of the passage?( g; d% a: Q0 A, R
(A) Prior to an appellate court's ruling in Charrier v. Bell, Native Americans had no legal grounds for demanding the returen of artifacts excavated from ancient graves.
% {5 R$ X7 W+ D0 V9 Z  N! I(B) Property law offers the most promising remedies to Native Americna seeking to recover communally owned artifacts that were sold to museums without tribal authorization.$ E6 ?' g9 d9 s% |" I
(C) The older the grave, the more difficult it is for Native Americans to establish standing in cases concerning the disposition of archaeologically excavated ancestral remains.
* t! M( ~: U6 l/ q# Q(D) In cases in which Native Americans can establish standing, common law can be useful in protecting ancestral remains and the artifacts bruied with them.
3 ^, |1 S6 V2 @2 r( m6 q, ]9 m0 x(E) Native Americans are unlikely to make significant progress in the recovery of cultural property until common law is significantly expanded to provide them with standing in cases involving the excavation of ancient graves.
& M$ Q% ^* |% w) e% R# G/ R1 |- ~+ ^+ B* SWhen the same habitat habitat types (forests, oceans, grasslands, etc.) in regions of different latitudes are compared, it becomes apparent that the overall number of species increases from pole to equator. This; A$ f; Y4 D$ c2 D( w, `! o
(5) latitudinal gradient is probably even more pronounced than current records indicate, since researchers believe that most undiscovered species live in the tropics.
7 J6 E& \" R$ X" Z& MOne hypothesis to explain this phenomenon, the "time theory," holds that diverse species adapted to
% f" c; D9 i5 E# ?4 n9 i2 h(10) today's climatic conditions have had more time to emerge in the tropical regions, which, unlike the temperate and arctic zones, have been unaffected by a succession of ice ages. However, ice ages have caused less disruption in some temperate regions than in others$ Z1 i& R0 D( K1 ?" Q
(15) and have not interrupted arctic conditions.
  @( _( J' d' Q$ H2 T5 k" NAlternatively, the species-energy hypothesis proposes the following positive correlations: incoming energy from the Sun correlated with rates of growth and reproduction; rates of growth and reproduction
4 k9 W6 e. L* \6 C1 I' d) {(20) with the amount of living matter (biomass) at a given moment; and the amount of biomass with number of species. However, since organisms may die rapidly, high production rates can exist with low biomass. And high biomass can exist with few species. Moreover, the
! ]7 g8 z9 c* R+ p9 R2 V7 ~; Q5 o2 V(25) mechanism proposed—greater energy influx leading to bigger populations, thereby lowering the probability of local extinction—remains untested.
+ p3 j. S, _8 V! e6 iA thidr hypothesis centers on the tropics' climatic stability, which provides a more reliable supply of ) h( j; e' Q" w2 I  A7 B- z
(30) resources. Species can thus survive even with few types of food, and competing species can tolerate greater overlap between their respective niches. Both capabilities enable more species to exist on the same resoruces. However, the ecology of local communities
0 R* v$ G8 M8 l& G$ Q6 I  H(35) cannot account for the origin of the latitudinal gradient. Localized ecological processes such as competition do not generate regional pools of species, and it is the total number of species available regionally for colonizing any particular area that makes the difference between.
- j: W! }% r# ?6 s(40) for example, a forest at the equator and one at a higher latitude.' k& C) _$ c/ Z+ V0 [+ y8 H1 n
A fourth and most plausible hypothesis focuses on regional speciation, and in particular on rates of speciation and extinction. According to this hypothesis,
! K3 B" N# d1 ]5 j- o/ E+ n/ g(45) if speciation rates become higher toward the tropics, and are not negated by extinction rates, then the latitudinal gradient would result—and become increasingly steep.
+ M2 p8 r2 q) S0 ZThe mechanism for this rate-of-speciation1 H. s5 C' m8 w! \
(50) hypothesis is that most new animal species, and perhaps plant species arise because a population subgroup becomes isolated. This subgroup evolves differently and eventually cannot interbreed with members of the original population. The uneven spread
2 ?3 f" `) }* Y4 Z(55) of a species over a large geographic area promotes this mechanism: at the edges, small populations spread out and form isolated groups. Since subgroups in an arctic environment are more likely to face extinction than those in the tropics, the latter are more likely to survive( k6 @& R* m. [' B  N" X
(60) long enough to adapt to local conditions and ultimately become new species
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-6 03:47 , Processed in 0.225652 second(s), 21 queries .