立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 140|回复: 0

LSAT考试全真试题五SECTION4(5)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 13:24:23 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
22. Which one of the following best expresses the main idea of the passage?
, m: {/ ]# q/ |( u1 [) G3 C0 J1 v) h- w: d& X2 Y
(A) There is strong evidence to support the theory that an increase in   atmospheric dust has contributed to the severity of the drought in sub-  Saharan West Africa1 W$ d& c( S* P% X' o9 o* a8 |
(B) The suggestion that Northern Hemisphere cooling is contributing to a   decline of rainfall in sub-Saharan West Africa is open to question, @5 b' D: w: V- A9 S' s( Y
(C) The expansion of the circumpolar vortex has caused a dramatic shift in the   atmospheric circulation patterns above sub-Saharan West Africa
6 j" b# O. |. V2 a* P(D) The drought in sub-Saharan West Africa represents a long-term permanent   alteration in global climake patterns8 i- t3 w: v( @. e, g
(E) Meteorologists cannot determine when the droutht in sub-Saharan West   Africa is likely to end
6 r; B/ [; S0 R  `% d& m5 {
2 D, Q/ R, O3 r3 u9 n% |5 W- G23. The author s attitude toward the cooling hypothesis is best described as one of+ [* [9 B9 W; e& l
( y& |. q" Y$ v; ^
(A) vehement opposition6 |: ~  P! y+ t5 J8 x
(B) cautious skepticism
+ {" f7 {2 ?$ h(C) growing ambivalence" E1 o* P& r& b" p! h: V% l
(D) guarded enthusiasm' w1 x. h5 }0 U: d, x
(E) strong support
6 |6 [* _* D$ {; B/ j  r
8 J# K/ J  w- ]/ m% P+ _9 J; ~' i24. According to the passage proponents of the cooling hypothesis suggested that the circumpolar vortex is likely to expand when which one of the following occurs?
+ o7 l, ~- \! x+ X6 m: ?# Y6 L# I, y
(A) The average annual atmoshperic temperature of the tropics is significantly   higher than normal for an extended period of time.
4 E; t7 ?4 H5 d' R+ F(B) The average annual snowfall in the Northern Hemisphere is lower than   normal for an extended period of time.
' E* J* ~+ X3 S8 M# d' B(C) The average annual surface temperature of Northern Hemisphere waters is   higher than the average annual surface temperature of Northern   Hemisphere landmasses/ ?3 b) X$ C+ Q3 v) a: P
(D) There is a significant increase in the difference between the average annual   atmospheric temperature of the tropies and that of the more northern   latitudes
* V) n& z: n* O9 G* W: V(E) There is a significant increase in the difference between the average annual   atmospheric temperatures of the middle and the high latitudes in the   Northern Hemisphere.: n: y; g3 k9 O
" N' N3 Z2 |/ I5 r% ~* b* M5 K  D
25. Which one of the following can be inferred from the passage about the average annual temperature of the air over Northern Hemisphere landmasses before 1945?8 m  d1 }% L6 v$ r% m0 {

9 U  @9 Z. W- N; C/ J(A) It was higher than it was between 1945 and the early 1970s.4 f6 m, b4 ~& x0 M
(B) It was lower than it was during the early 1980s.
3 }- Z6 q7 [8 @' `(C) It was the same as it was between 1945 and the early 1970s.! k5 s6 @. T" E3 w5 R8 E* x
(D) It was the same as the annual average surface temperature of Northern   Hemisphere landmasses and bodies of water between 1945 and the early   1970s.
9 z2 A( {) h3 N" K(E) It was higher than the annual average surface temperature of Northern   Hemisphere landmasses and bodies of water between 1945 and the early   1970s.* f- ]8 A# M$ P( s& j  p9 c

) V6 s3 a' u8 t2 p2 y4 M: p, v26. Which one of the following best deseribes the organization of the passage?
7 q: s* Q2 I. B- Q6 Z
$ Q! @# Z/ o  ~5 a4 Q4 T- @* K8 s) \8 m(A) Opposing points of view are presented evidence supporting each point of   view is discussed and then one point of view is developed into a formal   hypothesis2 s* N$ b2 s# s+ _9 Y% o
(B) A theory is discussed and different points of view about the theory are   discussed supported and then reconciled
( i9 p7 ]* n: t8 g. P' o. u$ ^(C) A hypothesis is proposed contradictory evidence is discussed and then the   hypothesis is amended# N% z  b3 }( s% O1 r: e
(D) A theory explaining a phenomenon is proposed supporting evidence is   considered and then the theory is disputed
, O) O" U& j# E) a# S& G- r(E) A point of view is presented a theory supporting the view is proposed   contradictory evidence is presented and then a different theory is proposed.
" N) o# S' g& X" j9 v
3 z5 R" ]3 U7 i) }( L27. A proponent of the cooling hypothesis would most likely argue that the return of the monsoon rains to sub-Saharan West Africa would indicate that which one of the following has also occurred?
/ B# J% b, u$ J; Z; D: W' ~' H* \* y* _, ]
(A) The amount of ice and snow coverage over the landmasses of the Northern   Hemisphere has increased
6 Y' ^4 j; q. u/ d2 y! D! b; M(B) The average annual temperature of the atmosphere over the middle and high   latitudes of the Northern Hemisphere has decreased' B: p) k; _; t& s% B, |8 s
(C) The average annual temperature of the atmosphere over the tropics in the   Northern Hemisphere has increased* T# O. ?! S$ [
(D) Other components of large-scale atmospheric circulation besides the   circumpolar vortex have expanded and moved southward! m# n3 Y8 F5 X
(E) The atmospheric circulation pattern of the high-altitude westerly winds has   resumed its normal pattern
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 18:18 , Processed in 0.240537 second(s), 21 queries .