立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 144|回复: 0

LSAT考试全真试题五SECTION4(2)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 13:24:23 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
6. Which one of the following provides the clearest example of the kind of fiction that many Black writers of the 1940s, as their views are described in the passage, believed should be written?
' H5 q6 _1 T3 H' P( v5 j
4 t( n5 H( e; v4 G5 u# _% ~" r(A) a novel that focuses on the interrelationships among four generations of   Black women* w2 a2 r' p2 y0 ^* R
(B) a historical novel that re-creates actual events that occurred as Black   people suffered from oppression and racial injustice in a small town( b( |+ J3 y- Q( c5 M+ {
(C) a novel, based on biographical stories orally relayed to the author as a child,   that describes the development of traditions in a Black family
, c, |# g) s  s# S& C(D) a novel that explores the psychological aspects of a relationship between a   White man and a Black man as they work together to organize protests   against unjust working conditions
( ^% T$ [: n% Y$ [& @% s7 u$ D(E) a novel that examines the different ways in which three Black children   experience their first day of school in a rural community
$ b4 A; Y2 \  P- K8 M9 D! I+ o& F8 `  ?9 I. m
7. The author would be most likely to agree with which one of the following statements about the relationship between art and literary criticism?
9 Q9 j8 C( \! E
) q3 d( p4 A8 c  S(A) The long-term reputation of a work of art is less dependent on the response   of literary critics than on the response of readers and authors
7 O2 K3 @: Y' X6 K1 |# n9 N9 s(B) Experimental works of fiction are usually poorly received and misunderstood   by lterary crities when they are first published
: h8 w# Y# n# X" q(C) The response of literary critics to a work of art can be determined by certain   ideological perspectives and assumptions about the purpose of art
$ K0 `3 O& u5 R; |$ _(D) Literary critics do not significantly affect the way most people interpret and   appreciate literature.
& k1 i& f( d% a5 E8 a(E) The ideological bases of a work of art are the first consideration of most   literary critics.
+ ~/ F8 z1 |5 H. G: }6 k
6 P1 f* N8 o+ Y  o" D8. The primary purpose of the passage is to
: l  e% C$ S. A& J
7 R) j0 ~* ]% a8 G( W8 j% t" A(A) correct a misconception
! \6 h- z% |$ o6 P/ p% w) f+ n(B) explain a reassessment
3 O1 t3 V7 a9 j  N9 ^(C) reconcile two points of view
  I( Y7 H5 d$ ?4 s$ h(D) criticize a conventional approach
1 H' S! M0 `6 j4 a0 @; }(E) announce a new discovery
5 C+ F: w) l  `, Y; m5 ^. E' ^& f
0 p: W) b, E# X) W+ I   Legal cases can be termed "hard" cases if they raise issues that are  highly controversial, issues about which people with legal training disagree.  The ongoing debate over the completeness of the0 P# t+ V. v1 t( C# Z9 e; A
# k9 u' K) E# g0 `+ c
(5) law usually concerns the extent to which such haard cases are legally  determinate, or decidable according to existing law.. T+ W/ r( y1 x% W
3 a3 P) b( A4 w3 s6 D
   H L A Hart s The Concept of Law is still the clearest and most persuasive  statement of both the
( ?: o  A! s& v+ X$ [0 e9 p/ O' b' C( I3 B: Q
(10) standard theory of hard cases and the standard theory of law on which it  rests. For Hart the law consists of legal rules formulated in general terms;  these terms he calls "open textured" which means that they contain a "core"  of settled meaning and a
5 w. d$ ?1 ^* Y1 {- }; n; f% s
& ]7 ~  x3 [$ T8 }) Y" |(15) "penumbra" or "periphery" where their meaning is not determinate. For  example, suppose an ordinance prohibits the use of vehicles in a park.  "Vehicle" has a core of meaning which includes cars and motoreycles But.  Hart claims, other
7 L9 ~! {( t, }* N/ T  O3 x. \( u$ h8 {; @+ J: h
(20) vehicles, such as bicycles, fall within the peripheral meaning of "vehicle" so  that the law does not establish whether they are prohibited. There will always  be cases not covered by the core meaning of legal terms within existing laws.  Hart considers
1 L# c* P* V* X+ P- _
' D/ }- k! |& B( j4 N# L' i1 }(25) these cases to be legally indeterminate. Since courts cannot decide such  cases on legal grounds they must consider nonlegal (for example, moral and  political) grounds, and thereby exercise judicial discretion to make, rather  than apply law, p* O+ ?9 V1 A
1 l. \# h; b) b
(30) In Ronald Dworkin s view the law is richer than Hart would grant: he denies  that the law consists solely of explicit rules. The law also includes principles  that do not depend for their legal status on any prior official recognition or  enactment5 \; N" X5 o; M9 Z$ d) x2 `
- Z: x' K- z1 Z' t+ L% W# t
(35) Dworkin claims that many cases illustrate the existence of legal principles  that are different from legal rules and that Hart s model of rules cannot  accommodate. For Dworkin, legal rules apply in an all-or-nothing fashion  whereas legal principles do. g0 I  g/ ^: G$ x, _* Q

0 n" V* T& U( D. W) r" ~" {' [(40) not they provide the rationale for applying legal rules. Thus, because  Dworkin thinks there is law in addition to legal rules, he thinks that legal  indeterminacy and the need for judicial discretion do not follow from the  existence of open texture in8 ~/ `7 H4 ~0 N
6 }3 H3 p; z$ E
(45) legal rules! }9 h; C2 b; X: T$ j  v6 C
' n. [) o' q9 O/ H5 w4 g
   It would be a mistakethough to dispute Hart s theory of hard cases on  this basis alone If Hart s claim about the "open texture" of general terms is  true, then we should expect to find legal2 n. r/ @. s' J! K7 ^
& L4 Y$ e: h4 ?2 l# I
(50) indeterminacies even if the law consists of principles in addition to rules  Legal principles as well as legal rules contain general terms that have open  texture. And it would be absurd to suppose that wherever the meaning of a  legal rule is unclear
* S$ r7 y$ F0 G( f
; C; f2 J9 N2 q: E: x7 s: C5 M(55) there is a legal principle with a clear meaning Most interesting and  controversial cases will occur in the penumbra of both rules and principles.2 I0 U: ^. i8 H5 y6 q- j3 }

8 p" S5 e7 [9 [: Z+ ]% c9. Which one of the following best expresses the main idea of the passage?2 g% O6 ?& @) i
0 m$ u: R3 O; ?6 g7 ^: w2 b* J
(A) The law will never be complete because new situations will always arise   which will require new laws to resolve them.
! A9 Z2 z+ ]6 L: v$ g/ `# C8 X(B) The most difficult legal cases are those concerning controversial issues   about which trained legal minds have differing opinions.5 a# w7 P# s. _  f8 h
(C) The concept of legal principles does not diminish the usefulness of the   concept of the open texture of general terms in deciding whether hard   cases are legally determinate.
  c" K, i1 Y* H( U7 ^(D) The concept of legal principles is a deleterious addition to the theory of law   since any flaws exhibited by legal rules could also be shared by legal   principles.
& f# K" D  \  ~( o/ E1 t; `(E) The inherent inconsistency of terms used in laws provides a continuing   opportunity for judges to exercise their discretion to correct defect and   gaps in the law.
5 S! x7 o& l% |$ x6 X2 S: t. p5 n- W# `% H; o
10. According to the passage the term "legal principles" as used by Dworkin refers to% z% \; s4 P" m( i- U4 `
" \: E, U! _# R: G, p
(A) a comprehensive code of ethics that governs the behavior of professionals in   the legal system  Z* ~1 t1 m& h. o" N$ V. C1 ~
(B) explicit analyses of the terms used in legal rules indicating what meanings   the terms do and do not cover' r! \0 q2 c- w! z, I. t( e( ?
(C) legal doctrines that underlie and guide the use of accepted legal rules8 E7 X! a6 `0 ~( f2 s
(D) legal rules that have not yet passed through the entire legislative procedure   necessary for them to become law
3 }* \+ M7 }* G' {/ o# ~3 i1 P; d(E) the body of legal decisions regarding cases that required judicial discretion   for their resolution9 c8 C" d  }3 ]/ l

9 o6 l! q: t1 e$ O6 r9 j' M- K11. Which one of the following expresses a view that the author of the passage would most proably hold concerning legal principles and legal rules?
- c' H# x1 k4 A  t5 ]- d
" p7 `$ {, b" w( c9 R(A) Legal rules are applied more often than legal principles when a case involves   issues about which legal professionals disagree.) I; f/ b' J" E. q9 s
(B) Both legal rules and legal principles are officially recognized as valid parts of   the law.
' \: c2 G9 f3 i' L5 d(C) Hart s "model of rules" has been superseded by a "model of principles" that   sheds light on legal determinacy.( M* h  P% v! }/ k: L. v5 X% _/ C
(D) Legal principles are just as likely as legal rules to have terms that have both   core and peripheral meanings% O& Z' D5 \+ ?* |
(E) Legal principles eliminate the need for judicial discretion in resolving the   problems generated by the open texture of legal rules.+ v0 p  s! A* N# w
. l/ S; i- V, D, @/ [' q0 R' W" ]+ ]
12. In the passage, the author uses the example of the word "vehicle" to" n! V* @3 t# d6 U/ O# N4 t
  K1 ?1 U2 q' V* R$ T" V
(A) illustrate a legal rule that necessarily has exceptions- i) R; ]$ R7 I! {* o
(B) show how legal principles are applied in the construction of legal rules
1 l5 O$ w6 j& }2 ?(C) represent the core of settled meaning of a legal term
" O& M/ G/ k& C1 P6 B1 p7 m(D) serve as an example of a legal term with both a core and a periphery of   meaning
8 r* s) q, K* K5 }0 q, `, w" |0 j" m(E) provide a counterexample to Hart s concept of the open texture of legal   terms
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-6 01:57 , Processed in 0.231561 second(s), 21 queries .