只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 140|回复: 0

LSAT考试全真试题五SECTION2(4)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 13:24:23 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Questions 18-19
; U8 z  R3 a. a* L
' O( G* G( G: lDillworth: More and more people are deciding not to have children because of the personal and economic sacrifices children require and because so often children are ungrateful for the considerable sacrifices their parents do make for them: However, such considerations have no bearing on the fact that their children provide the best chance most people have of ensuring that their values live on after them. Therefore, for anyone with deeply held values, foregoing parenthood out of reluctance to make sacrifices for which little gratitude can be expected would probably be a mistake9 B% R/ I# k- C) O& a
! O8 v2 v' k' i" p7 W
Travers: Your reasoning ignores another fact that deserves consideration children s ingratitude for parental sacrifices usually stems from a wholesale rejection of parental values.
! ?9 C+ j9 B* G: Q0 V- _  x- d) J
18. Dillworth employs which one of the following argumentative strategies?
8 K- z7 Z% q5 s% ^
/ I: G- u+ M9 V5 Q(A) showing that considerations cited as drawbacks to given course of action   are not really drawbacks at all
9 [  ]5 _6 X. ^9 k5 c$ s2 l(B) exposing as morally suspect the motives of people who would make the   choice that Dillworth rejects, h) W8 m" L4 a- b7 V& T
(C) indirectly establishing that a given course of action is obligatory by arguing   that the alternative course of action is prohibited1 M9 S, m) ~2 l, r. Q; `2 S* A
(D) distinguishing a category of person for whom the reason presented in favor   of a given course of action is more telling than the reasons cited against   that course of action! y7 U; m6 g6 }9 _8 O( [* q
(E) using evidence that a certain course of action would be appropriate under   one set of conditions to arrive at a general conclusion about what would be   appropriate in all cases.. C8 U- ^' x9 F2 y5 z. K+ ]6 s- A2 i

! U, B2 e2 F5 e$ X  C19. The point of Travers rejoinder to Dillworth s argument is that
- }$ Q) H0 [& t( j' h3 @# v( D" `7 p
(A) Dillowrth s assumption that children acquire values only from their parents is   mistaken
  p5 ?! \2 c/ x# {7 v3 }(B) it is a mistake to dismiss as irrelevant the personal and economic sacrifices   people are called on to make for the sake of their children
, ^& s1 T" o3 g/ l6 q! }(C) Dillworth has overlooked the well-known fact that people with deeply held   values not infrequently reject opposing values that are deeply held by   others.
$ c" g, d; X! h/ S* G5 w8 G(D) the desire to perpetuate their values should not be a factor in people s   decision to have children
: a6 f; V. [. k. K8 r! k(E) the fact than children are often ungrateful for parental sacrifices is not   irrelevant to decidmg whether to have children in order to perpetuate one s   values6 q3 d; @  X. D" B% F4 O
. [/ |1 k: U% W1 h0 e
20. Until about 400 million years ago. fishes—the first true swimmers—were iawless Their feeding methods were limited to either sucking in surface plankton or sucking in food particles from bottom mud. With the development of biting jaws. however, the life of fishes changed dramatically, since jaws allowed them actively to pursue prey, to seize it in their jaws, and to manipulate it between their teeth. The jawed fishes then developed along two main lines one retained cartilage for its skeletons. for its skeletons, for example, sharks and rays: the other adopted bone as its principal skeletal material. From the latter group evolved the most abundant and diverse of all of today s vertebrate groups. the "teleosts" some 21,000 species, which vary from barracudas to sea horses# Z3 ]' u) Q: x! K3 x( p

7 t% P- M3 x2 w6 h) J. e  ?5 S9 t% v8 O. U  If all of the statements in the passage are true which one of the following must also the true?0 H# g3 H; U% j4 r8 t4 `

+ ^5 ^, q% d# \4 a6 Q6 [. i' K6 b# k6 y(A) Fish are the primary prey of all jawed fishes2 ]) X4 w) |  e; b4 J* S3 N/ y; [
(B) The jawless fishes did not prey upon other fish
8 R$ Q% G8 I9 u' i; E, e; G; {(C) Teleosts do not feed upon particles found in bottom mud
) y& n8 I; _4 N( H0 {(D) Jawless fishes did not have cartilage as their skeletal material. a" w  ^7 k* [/ W+ u
(E) Jawless fishes became extinct approximately 400 million years ago
, Z* k# Q; _0 z1 z
8 e) P7 Y: \6 f! `/ s4 O5 d21. Nuclear reactors are sometimes built in "geologically quiet" regions, so called by geologists because such regions are distant from plate boundaries and contain only minor faults. Since no minor fault in a geologically quiet region produces an earthquake more often than once in any given 100,000-year period, it follows that of all potential nuclear reactor sites in such a region those that are least likely to be struck by an earthquake are ones located near a fault that has produced an earthquake within living memory
8 C( |, v8 ^' x9 j7 Y. c+ J) B7 E+ D4 z- F: a! r
  Which one of the following is an assumption on which the argument depends?/ ^4 s8 W+ h8 K: H* x
9 S. N5 r; Q/ R, T7 d; R
(A) Geologically quiet regions are the least dangerous regions in which to build   nuclear reactors.3 k% T/ G/ j% M. g5 D
(B) For any potential nuclear reactor site the likelihood of being struck by an   earthquake is the primary determinant of site safety
5 b6 ~( Z4 i% v* u(C) In a geologically quiet region every potential nuclear reactor site is near at   least one minor fault
+ X) Y3 e! i* L7 N(D) Nuclear reactors that are located in geologically quiet regions are built to   withstand at least one but not necessarily more than one earthquake of   minor to moderate force
* X1 N! c3 H& D(E) Earthquake faults in geologically quiet regrons produce earthquakes at least   once in 100,000 years.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 22:30 , Processed in 0.199933 second(s), 21 queries .