QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 178|回复: 0

LSAT考试模拟试题:LSAT考试试题四c

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 13:24:23 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Questions 16-17, t# I3 I0 C% U/ W4 t
Henry: Some scientists explain the dance of honeybees as the means by which honeybees communicate the location of whatever food source they have just visited to other members of the hive. But honeybees do not need so complicated a mechanism to communicate that information. Forager honeybees returning to their hive simply leave a scent trail from the food source they have just visited. There must therefore be some other explanation for the honeybees dance./ H8 F) A4 x( H9 Q
Winifred: Not necessarily. Most ammals have several ways of accomplishing critical tasks. Bees of some species can navigate using either the position of the Sun or the memory of landmarks. Similarly, for honeybees, scent trails are a supplementary, for honeybees, scent trails are a supplementary not an exclusive means of communicating: q4 h. U$ p" l' `
16. The poin: at issue between Henry and Wintred is whether
, U5 ^* I( S+ Z/ K9 l(A) theories of animal behavior can be established on the basis of evidence about only one species of animal
7 d, p, l( E$ j! V2 U(B) there is more than one valid explanation for the dance of honeybees" @( K. V) m. O! P% y5 E# D# A! d
(C) honeybess communicate the location of food sources through their dance' ~" V2 T6 _. l; m' X6 J% h
(D) the honeybee is the only species of bee that is capable of communicating navigational informatin to other hive members.
. |& X: J$ L5 [3 x0 a(E) the honeybee's sense of smell plays a role in its foraging strategies.
  m8 u  F2 i7 g( \17. In Winifred's response to Henry, the statement about how bees of some species navigate plays which one of the following roles?5 g. d" Z9 i* J( g; b
(A) It addresses an ambiguity in Henry's use of the expression "communicate the location"
  @& i! e2 K: p( E% X, l(B) It provides evidence in support of a general claim: a7 h3 Q# S: T( K! M
(C) It calls into question the accuracy of key evidence cited by Henry.' _( D  T- w, K( ?; I
(D) It points out that Henry's conclusion directly contradicts one of his premises.
$ _0 ?" e" G0 A, }1 c(E) It proposes an alternative explanation for the honeybees' dance.
- I; g' t5 z6 |18. Politician: A government that taxes incomes at a rate of 100 percent will generate no revenue because all economic activity will cease. So it follows that the lower the rate of income tax, the more revenue the government will generate by that tax.+ v( g( j' Q$ k& J/ w
Economist: Your conclusion cannot be correct,since it would mean that an income tax of 0 percent would generate the maximum revenue.* E  o" n, Y, e9 `
Which one of the following argumentative strategies is used by the economist in responding to the politician?/ t! a( p; R0 z5 s" ~. f. H
(A) stating a general principle that is incompatible with the conclusion the politician derives.; O; v! J4 x, u" E# _# T2 q' @
(B) providing evidence that where the politician's advice has been adopted, the results have been disappointing8 s$ j) {/ e# q) @; O
(C) arguing that the principle derived by the politician, if applied in the limiting case, leads to an absurdly false conclusion
: }; E, @2 C7 m; Q(D) undermining the credibility of the politician by openly questioning the politician's understanding of economics  X, {8 \$ w; O' f. p5 m2 A- l
(E) attacking the politician's argument by giveing reason to doubt the truth of a premise  x1 t% C$ Y3 Z% ?) C; g
19. Sponges attach to the ocean floor, continually filtering seawater for food and ejecting water they have just filtered to avoid reingesting it. Tubular and vase-shaped sponges can eject filtered water without assistance from surrounding ocean currents and thus are adapted to slow-moving, quiet waters. Because of their shape, however, these sponges cannot live in strong currents, since strong currents would dislodge them. Both of these varieties of spong were widespread during the late Jurassic period.$ Z9 K/ `3 I6 R: g) k8 u1 }4 j/ C6 [
The statements above, if true, most strongly support which one of the following claims?& u+ u9 t8 ]. y( z7 B
(A) Few tubular or vase-shaped sponges lived before the late Jurassic period.
% m; ]8 X# K4 f. m+ M9 ?9 i3 [9 _(B) Tubular and vase-shaped sponges were more common during the late Jurassic period than in succeeding geological eras.
. |: F  c2 G+ ~, ^* H- S(C) During the late Jurassic period there were many areas of the ocean floor where currents were weak.
- b. v4 u/ n# @  p% H(D) All sponges that are neither tubular nor vase-shaped inhabit areas of the ocean floor where there are extremely strong currents.0 J* o; ]; Q: P8 {. w
(E) No types of sponge liev in large colonies, since sponges do not flourish in areas where much of the water has been filtered by other sponges.
- \5 C" x! B5 C5 ?' g+ X$ C* k6 R20. There is strong evidence that the cause of migraines (severe recurrent headaches) is not psychological but instead is purely physioligical. Yet several studies have found that people being professionally treated for migraines rate higher on a standard psychological scale of anxiety than do people not being professionally treated for migraines.
2 I4 }9 u5 J% z( R4 l& ^" v7 KWhich one of the following, if true most helps to resolve the apparent discrepancy in the information above?
8 k) t4 j. k: X7 O(A) People who have migraine headaches tend to have relatives who also have migraine headaches.
) }, T/ V3 M: R2 @) @" n, u% d(B) People who have migraine headaches often suffer these headaches when under emotional stress.' [& ?: p, _2 I5 D* [
(C) People who rate higher on the standard psychological scale of anxiety are more likely to seek professional treatment than are people who rate lower on the scale., }" O4 @' i' H% R5 w. l
(D) Of the many studies done on the cause of migraine headaches, most of those that suggest that psychological factors such as anxiety cause migraines have been widely publicized.4 A1 X" s* W6 R0 _, m' I4 i
(E) Most people who have migraines and who seek professional treatment remain in treatment until they stop having migraines, whether their doctors consider the cause to be physiological or psychological.
( U$ h$ W8 Q% L; b, ]5 s) r4 A21. Not all tenured faculty are full professors. Therefore, although every faculty member in the linguistics department has tenure, it must be the case that not all of the faculty members in the linguistics department are full professors.
; c4 C7 _# X; Z; G; O+ m1 yThe flawed pattern of reasoning exhibited by the argument above is most similar to that exhibited by which one of the following?% K' L  ^/ q: [9 Y: j; O
(A) Although all modern office towers are climate-controlled buildings, not all office buildings are climate-controlled. Therefore, it must be the case that not all office buildings are modern office towers.
' S3 ]; [- V' x! s- x/ C& U(B) All municipal hospital buildings are massive, but not all municipal hospital buildings are forbidding in appearance. Therefore, massive buildings need not present a forbidding appearance.  n  S; w6 G8 E! O. Q1 L
(C) Although some buildings designed by famous architects are not well proportioned, all government buildings are designed by famous architects. Therefore, some government buildings are not well proportioned.) s/ J! t5 n/ r3 T; D
(D) Not all public buildings are well designed, but some poorly designed public buildings were originally intended for private use. Therefore, the poorly designed public buildings were all originally designed for private use.
' M6 U; g* B/ A) |5 N# i(E) Although some cathedrals are not built of stone, every cathedral is impressive. Therefore, buildings can be impressive even though they are not built of stone
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-6 04:31 , Processed in 0.198220 second(s), 21 queries .