立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 129|回复: 0

LSAT考试模拟试题:LSAT考试试题一e

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 13:24:23 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
21. Which one of the following best describes the main idea of the passage?
$ q! L  S( t0 f  @  X! P) D# V(A) Although they disagree about the degree to which economic motives influenced Britain's abolition of slavery, Drescher and Eltis both concede that moral persuasion by abolitionists was a significant factor.
8 p7 c6 k3 s4 B  ~(B) Although both Drescher and Eltis have questioned Williams' analysis of the motivation behind Britain's abolition of slavery, there is support for part of Williams' conclusion./ d" s3 d. B1 D/ I
(C) Because he has taken into account the populist characteristics of British abolitionism, Drescher's explanation of what motivated Britain's abolition of slavery is finally more persuasive than that of Eltis.
+ @1 a$ I2 w( R) Z" E) o(D) Neither Eltis nor Drescher has succeeded in explaining why support for Britain's abolition of slavery appears to have cut across lines of party, class, and religion
8 v- ~' Y- _& i+ F% Q9 Y(E) Although flawed in certain respects, Williams' conclusions regarding the economic condition of British slave colonies early in the nineteenth century have been largely vindicated.
. @. b" W' Q4 b22. It can be inferred that Eltis cites the views of "certain notables" (line 35) in order to
& a; W9 d7 O' O/ O(A) support the claim that British traditions of liberty were not as trong as Drescher believed them to be9 H) i4 O" V; |# a: N
(B) support the contention that a strong labor force was important to Britain's economy
) D8 z4 D- S5 m" G9 W. C(C) emphasize the importance of slavery as an institution in preindustria Britain
2 K1 j- F6 \* z7 c% |5 j5 a3 n(D) indicate that the laboring classes provided little support for the abolition of slavery
& a' x& u( i1 V) I3 D$ S, d9 v(E) establish that laborers in preindustrial Britain had few civil rights
) p' e; Y; M) r! p23. Which one of the following best states Williams' view of the primary reason for Britain's abolition of the slave trade and the emancipation of slaves in its colonies?" I5 {  W* c" @: p" L- [
(A) British populism appealed to people of varied classes, parties, and religions.
0 |$ I4 F9 p, L' Y(B) Both capitalists and workers in Britain accepted the moral precepts of abolitionists.
  ?$ y( `8 f+ x  X(C) Forced labor in the colonies could not produce enough goods to staisfy Bfritish consumers.
6 g' u( V" H! T5 O$ r" ?7 |(D) The operation of colonies based on forced labor was no longer economically advantageous.8 |, d0 O! ^+ P$ c# w- r9 w, a& F& o
(E) British workers became convinced that forced labor in the colonies prevented paid workers from rreceiving higher wages.3 H# e6 @- C4 o0 I3 o
24. According to Eltis, low wages and Draconian vagrancy laws in Britain in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries were intended to# k. I1 Z3 \8 i+ ~; X
(A) protect laborers against unscrupulous employment practices
; Q8 g# n! K- y  o' A4 M(B) counter the move to enslave unemployed laborers
' h: c5 y3 [. _# y  F& L(C) ensure a cheap and productive work force: T6 e! E% K: z5 p3 D
(D) ensure that the work force experienced no unemployment
: E3 f! [- W' a! a# a: Y! K(E) ensure that products produced in British colonies employing forced labor could compete effectively with those produced in Britain5 d2 F+ U; y8 G0 d% U
25. It can be inferred that the author of the passage views Drescher's presentation of British traditions concerning liberty as
1 a$ t4 G4 C+ b! h# u6 q1 g(A) accurately stated9 J- Y+ G4 o* z2 D, P9 s$ ^
(B) somewhat unrealistic
( t* X8 c4 x! q- l7 i4 W* @(C) carefully researched
+ [5 C) O2 R9 L4 ^" ]3 \(D) unnecessarily tentative- X, e; V/ x# P
(E) superficially convincing* S$ D+ W3 D0 l
26. The information in the passage suggests that Eltis and Drescherr agree that
& l9 s/ i% V+ l(A) people of all classes in Britain supported the abolition of slavery  [& W! y8 A( d# r3 W
(B) the motives behind Britain's abolition of slavery were primarily economic0 T9 Q  G9 ^. z# w- u
(C) the moral vision of abolitionists played a vital part in Britain's abolition of slavery9 z+ p' x) Z+ i1 B" D
(D) British traditions of liberty have been idealized by historizns
' u$ [9 m+ s. M% z(E) Britain's tradition of political activism was primarily responsible for Britain's abolition of slavery
% Z* z+ b: j# `, ~, X27. According to passage, Eltis argues against which one of the following contentions?$ S! W+ m& Q7 Z4 l. M$ O+ ^) g
(A) Popular support for antislavery measures existed in Britain in the early nineteenth century.
: a! J# b( `7 |6 C. L(B) In the early nineteenth century, colonies that employed forced labor were still economically viable5 P& G! v$ K6 g+ S5 {2 }) `
(C) British views concerning personal liberty motivated nineteenth-century British opposition to slavery
9 p  r2 t/ V6 V2 ?1 o- C(D) Widespread literacy in Britain contributed to public opposition to slavery in the early nineteenth century.& z- l3 |4 c; j; C. u# ^
(E) Antislavery measures proposed by conservative politicians in the early nineteenth century met with little opposition
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 22:54 , Processed in 0.147340 second(s), 21 queries .