立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 116|回复: 0

LSAT模拟试题:LSAT模拟试题TEST3逻辑5c

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 13:26:27 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Questions 13-14  The only way that bookstores can profitably sell books at below-market prices is to get the books at a discount from publishers. Unless bookstores generate a high sales volume, however, they cannot get discounts from publishers. To generate such volume, bookstores must either cater to mass tastes or have exclusive access to a large specialized market, such as medical market, or both.0 T7 W# \' c7 _2 c6 {7 |
  13. Which one of the following can be properly inferred from the passage?8 \; {( X* Y" |" F
  (A) If a bookstore receives discounts from publishers, it will profitably sell books at below-market prices.
4 }5 h' _3 M/ S3 B% D: F9 L  (B) A bookstore that caters to mass tastes or has exclusive access to a large specialized market will have a high sales volume.
% _& k+ R0 t- x& l9 h8 U3 L! l' e  (C) A bookstore that profitably sells books at below-market prices gets discounts from publishers.+ d& F( `. e# g. K% y' |! m/ O( B
  (D) A bookstore that does not sell books at below-market prices does not get discounts from publishers.
$ T$ z! n" w/ g' d5 i; Y3 b  (E) A bookstore that not only caters to mass tastes but also has exclusive access to a large specialized market cannot profitably sell books at below-market prices.
0 V2 ~1 c/ ~" z  14. If all statements in the passage are true and if it is also true that a bookstore does not cater to mass tastes, which one of the following CANNOT be true?
8 R7 Y- g! a) Q  (A) The bookstore profitably sells some of its books at below-market prices.
) j- N' n9 i5 H  (B) The bookstore does not profitably sell any of its books at below-market prices.8 w$ ~& R: \' W6 m3 U: f$ f. \  n) i
  (C) Either the bookstore has exclusive access to a large specialized market or else it does not get a discount from any publishers.
7 S5 J0 z, B" y: y4 L0 d1 M  (D) The bookstore does not have exclusive access to a large specialized market but profitably sells some of its books at below-market prices.
% C3 C% h; N. I' o  (E) The bookstore does not have exclusive access to a large specialized market, nor does it get a discount from any publishers.3 [& F7 }. b& k1 ^& b0 F
  15.Extinction is the way of nature. Scientists estimate that over half of the species that have ever come into existence on this planet were already extinct before humans developed even the most primitive of tools. This constant natural process of species emergence and extinction, however, is ignored by those who wish to trace the blame for more recent extinctions to humanity's use of technology, with its consequent effects on the environment. These people must be made to understand that the species that have become extinct in modern times would have become extinct by now even if humans had never acquired technology.( B- L7 `( l. e0 R3 Y- Q
  Which one of the following identifies a reasoning error in the passage?
9 w0 w* _& S# s; m  (A) The author mistakenly assumes that technology has not caused any harm to the environment.
) w+ k6 }6 h  p6 \  (B) The author ignores the fact that some species that are not yet extinct are in danger of extinction.% q' [3 Q" R/ j( u( G
  (C) The author fails to consider that there are probably species in existence that have not yet been identified and studied by scientists.
8 U/ B  B9 D& p  (D) The author cites scientists who support the theory that over half of all species that ever existed have become extinct, but fails to mention any scientists who do not support that theory.: F9 R& G! {6 Q  {( F, e( \
  (E) The author provides no specific evidence that the species that have become extinct in modern times are the same species that would have become extinct in the absence of human technology.' i% j9 i: b- `3 F) @. w& n! _! @- j
  16. The public is aware of the possibility of biases in the mass media and distrusts the media as too powerful. The body of information against which the public evaluates the plausibility of each new media report comes, however, from what the public has heard of through the mass media.
: i. D/ V! U+ u3 n9 I6 [* u  If the view above is correct, it provides a reason for accepting which one of the following conclusions?$ h# \' |* p1 W( U- I; X
  (A) If there is a pervasive bias in the presentation of news by the mass media, it would be hard for the public to discern that bias.0 C3 J# _( r& }9 _4 w
  (B) The mass media tailor their reports to confirm to a specific political agenda.
9 p$ _- B* o7 `. o  (C) The biases that news media impose on reporting tend not to be conscious distortions but rather part of a sense they share about what is interesting and believable.
! T! n) N7 u' t$ `* M  (D) News reporters and their public hold largely the same views about what is most important in society, because news reporters come out of that society.4 h+ y; z( g, t
  (E) When a news event occurs that contradicts a stereotype formerly incorporated into reporting by the mass media, the public is predisposed to believe reports of the event.9 M# ^0 N, Q- J  _9 p% C
  17. In a bureaucracy, all decisions are arrived at by a process that involves many people. There is no one person who has the authority to decide whether a project will process or not. As a consequence, in bureaucracies, risky projects are never undertaken.
+ m/ [- y6 W* u% V  The conclusion follows logically from the premises if which one of the following is assumed?- R; h9 U* H# t( ^
  (A) All projects in a bureaucracy require risk.
- E& X- ~, k7 r/ E; c8 c* E. v  (B) Decisive individuals choose not to work in a bureaucracy.
9 `9 P- q4 p0 j5 l3 N  (C) An individual who has decision-making power will take risks.
  x; \0 Y) B- r7 b/ E  (D) The only risky projects undertaken are those for which a single individual has decision-making power.3 I+ |3 v( ?  k5 h$ W9 g$ R
  (E) People sometimes take risks as individuals that they would not take as part of a group.' w7 d: O/ I! K- a3 F: r
  18. “Physicalists” expect that ultimately all mental functions will be explainable in neurobiological terms. Achieving this goal requires knowledge of how neurons and their basic functions, a knowledge of how neurons interact, and a delineation of the psychological faculties to be explained. At present, there is a substantial amount of fundamental knowledge about the basic functions of neurons, and the scope and character of such psychological capacities as visual perception and memory are well understood. Thus, as the physicalists claim, mental functions are bound to receive explanations in neurobiological terms in the near future.
/ x8 B8 A, S! D8 r5 ~$ M# x5 G  Which one of the following indicates an error in the reasoning in the passage?
+ @% R0 ^5 [( n0 b) O  (A) The conclusion contradicts the claim of the physicalists.3 J0 q! k! `2 m: u8 N1 {
  (B) The passage fails to describe exactly what is currently known about the basic functions of neurons.( }% v" E1 {& O% \3 u
  (C) The word “neurobiological” is used as though it had the same meaning as the word “mental.”
# o& Y2 _- ?+ `* x: k8 ]7 j5 x  (D) The argument does not indicate whether it would be useful to explain mental functions in neurobiological terms.
: D' V2 C$ A, Y% o  (E) The passage does not indicate that any knowledge has been achieved about how neurons interact.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-2 13:30 , Processed in 0.301290 second(s), 21 queries .