立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 139|回复: 0

LSAT模拟试题:LSAT模拟试题TEST3逻辑6b

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 13:26:27 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
7. Those who participate in local politics include people who are genuinely interested in public service and people who are selfish opportunists. Everyone who participates in local politics has an influence on the community's values.  If the statements above are true, which one of the following must also be true?4 f( V/ I9 F' C! n, v1 u7 h! }
  (A) Some selfish opportunists have an influence on the community's values.3 L0 K) ]7 b* c" z' L  {
  (B) Some persons who are interested in public service do not have an influence on the community's values.
$ E) u& I- v" I" {  (C) All those who have an influence on the community's values participate in local politics.5 U7 b) T) v7 D0 |- k8 C
  (D) Some of those who influence the community's values neither are interested in public service nor are selfish opportunists.& m! u! e. z) a/ M' \, D
  (E) All those who have an influence on the community's values are either interested in public service or are selfish opportunists., K2 F0 w  T" M+ e' P. v
  Questions 8-9
) r( J6 ^" s% F6 m+ K  Q6 i3 X  Although nondairy coffee lighteners made with coconut oil contain 2 grams of saturated fat per tablespoon, or 7 times more than does whole milk, those lighteners usually contain no cholesterol. Yet one tablespoon of such lighteners causes the consumer's blood cholesterol to rise to a higher level than does an identical amount of whole milk, which contains 2 milligrams of cholesterol per tablespoon.; C3 h1 ]* ?# d2 g* X( q5 S4 v% r1 S
  8. Which one of the following, if true, contributes most to an explanation of the apparent discrepancy noted above?2 i7 U4 ]5 j, G9 c) w9 s+ r! s; v
  (A) Nutritionists recommend that adults consume as little saturated fat as possible and no more than 250 milligrams of cholesterol a day.9 O' b5 {" G  a2 D4 X
  (B) One gram of saturated fat in food has roughly the same effect on blood cholesterol as 25 milligrams of cholesterol in food.9 ^- u/ g. h* ^2 q& }
  (C) Light cream, a dairy product that contains 5 times more cholesterol than does whole milk, is often chosen as a lightener by consumers who normally prefer whole milk.- A! L0 {* O3 @/ d0 y
  (D) Certain nondairy coffee lighteners made without coconut oil contain less saturated fat and less cholesterol than does whole milk.  u6 T7 d: ?" m+ p! M  L
  (E) The lower the saturated fat content of dairy products, the less cholesterol they usually contain.
; c* H: G' r6 l  _  9. Manufacturers of coffee lighteners based on coconut oil claim that their products usually cause the typical consumer's blood cholesterol to rise to a lower level than does the use of whole milk as a lighteners. Which one of the following, if true, provides the most support for the manufacturers' claim?; ?4 ?0 W/ _9 f
  (A) Consumers of lighteners made with coconut oil who avoid other high-cholesterol foods and exercise more than average tend to have lower-than-average blood cholesterol levels.
: V! c% M# O, }  (B) Coffee is frequently consumed with pastries and other rich desserts that themselves result in high blood cholesterol levels.1 X, a4 Z; M* t7 X5 l0 d4 h
  (C) One popular nondairy coffee lightener that is not based on coconut oil has reduced its fat content by 20 percent while keeping its cholesterol content at zero.
  [& h. i0 |2 Q" F9 x  (D) Consumers typically add to their coffee substantially smaller quantities of coconut-oil-based lighteners than of whole milk.
& _; A0 N* S: }6 E  (E) Most consumers are convinced that whole dairy products increase blood cholesterol and that nondairy coffee lighteners do not.' d' V, p  \& t/ d
  10. People with serious financial problems are so worried about money that they cannot be happy. Their misery makes everyone close to them——family, friends, colleagues–unhappy as well. Only if their financial problems are solved can they and those around them be happy.# x, C, e7 e! p) o- d6 |
  Which one of the following statements can be properly inferred from the passage?4 d6 U5 r0 R! E' ~8 j* ]
  (A) Only serious problems make people unhappy.5 v( w6 ?' J% Z/ O% J; z0 r' n
  (B) People who solve their serious financial problems will be happy.8 h; Q5 q  ?& K. r, w6 b
  (C) People who do not have serious financial problems will be happy.
3 J: B6 o2 y3 F  (D) If people are unhappy, they have serious financial problems.! z8 z1 [  W& u# E3 Z
  (E) If people are happy, they do not have serious financial problems.
' O3 v3 A& X# X. Z, v% D1 k0 t  11. It is often said that people should be rewarded for doing a given job in proportion to the effort it costs them to do it. However, a little reflection will show that this is, in fact, a very bad idea, since it would mean that those people with the least skill or natural aptitude for a particular task would be the ones given the most incentive to do it.
! q/ q, b. S" C) j- y; I  Which one of the following argumentative strategies is used above?3 ~9 a) s& d( H; P4 r& C* X( D
  (A) stating a general principle and then presenting reasons in favor of adopting it7 h2 j9 H+ @. c9 L) {! o
  (B) providing evidence that where the principle under discussion has been adopted, the results usually have been undesirable. a9 }5 I8 `* [0 w( Q. E# ^$ z% I
  (C) demonstrating that a consequence that had been assumed to follow from the principle under consideration need not follow from it
& p8 ], r' W8 p' o( w  (D) attempting to undermine a general principle by arguing that undesirable consequences would follow from it* Y" d$ G/ K( [* {7 O
  (E) showing that, in practice, the principle under consideration could not be uniformly applied.
. I6 d. o" ~9 d& W) L& O1 T  12. Photovoltaic power plants produce electricity from sunlight. As a result of astonishing recent technological advances, the cost of producing electric power at photovoltaic power plants, allowing for both construction and operating costs, is one-tenth of what it was 20 years ago, whereas the corresponding cost for traditional plants, which burn fossil fuels, has increased. Thus, photovoltaic power plants offer a less expensive approach to meeting demand for electricity than do traditional power plants.
9 ~0 I  y4 {; P  The conclusion of the argument is properly drawn if which one of the following is assumed?
/ ?! f* ~7 L3 O; R7 W$ j% e  (A) The cost of producing electric power at traditional plants has increased over the past 20 years.
7 O/ E! L: [1 k( W& [7 {* d+ ]  (B) Twenty years ago, traditional power plants were producing 10 times more electric power than were photovoltaic plants.( ^# S/ Y/ e! x/ H& A2 S
  (C) None of the recent technological advances in producing electric power at photovoltaic plants can be applied to producing power at traditional plants.
  o! l* g7 j  [% y8 S  (D) Twenty years ago, the cost of producing electric power at photovoltaic plants was less than 20 times the cost of producing power at traditional plants.
3 `9 t$ L1 h* p% R  (E) The cost of producing electric power at photovoltaic plants is expected to decrease further, while the cost of producing power at traditional plants is not expected to decrease
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-2 21:47 , Processed in 0.287474 second(s), 21 queries .