立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 101|回复: 0

LSAT模拟试题:LSAT模拟试题TEST3逻辑8e

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 13:26:27 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
21. Which one of the following, if true, world most strengthen the argument?  (A) Most citizens would tolerate some limits on freedom of speech
; a- }$ ?0 a( I3 _( y0 X% p  (B) With or without a policy of freedom of speech, governments respond to dangerous ideas irrationally5 P4 G; `) C' \3 c
  (C) Freedom of religion and freedom of assembly are also basic human rights than governments must recognize  ~, @2 m4 o, M- R- u) N
  (D) Governments are less likely to be overthrown if they openly adopt a policy allowing freedom of speech# O+ K: [1 H5 N% p
  (E) Great ideas have flourished in societies that repress free speech as often as in those that permit it6 b' x, |0 I4 }( x
  22. The trustees of the Avonbridge summer drama workshop have decided to offer scholarships to the top 10 percent of local applicants and the top 10 percent of nonlocal applicants as judged on the basis of a qualifying audition. They are doing this to ensure that only the applicants with the most highly evaluated auditions are offered scholarships to the program.3 @# w* B$ x1 g4 _: _: |8 u! P1 n, V
  Which one of the following points out why the trustees' plan might not be effective in achieving its goal?
4 e" z" H& o& T' }6 w, @  (A) The best actors can also apply for admission to another program and then not enroll in the Avonbridge program" z, U& n7 R  L* m( q
  (B) Audition materials that produce good results for one actor may disadvantage another, resulting in inaccurate assessment) y, f# y4 P$ W$ s( v
  (C) The top 10 percent of local and nonlocal applicants might not need scholarships to the Avonbridge program6 ]  f( Z+ H5 E( }2 s' l! B
  (D) Some of the applicants who are offered scholarships could have less highly evaluated auditions than some of the applicants who are not offered scholarships9 B, T  f  L% e8 K& X0 g
  (E) Dividing applicants into local and nonlocal groups is unfair because it favors nonlocal applicants
. T( {7 A/ L2 t  23. Book Review: When I read a novel set in a city I know well, I must see that the writer knows the city as well as I do if I am to take that writer seriously. If the writer is faking I know immediately and do not trust the writer. When a novelist demonstrates the required knowledge, I trust the story teller, so I trust the tale. This trust increases my enjoyment of a good novel. Peter Lee's second novel is set in San Francisco, in this novel, as in his first, Lee passes my test with flying colors.
( j9 ?7 e6 a0 D, l- \& j: F  Which one of the following can be properly inferred from the passage?
! |, r# e- y/ w5 L2 E4 l$ }; M  (A) The book reviewer enjoys virtually any novel written by a novelist whom she trusts
, V' q$ C, ]- a  (B) If the book reviewer trusts the novelist as a storyteller, the novel in question must be set in a city the book reviewer knows well
/ ]$ u+ }2 D& W  (C) Peter Lee's first novel was set in San Francisco
! q) y+ C4 v( s, ~- W  (D) The book reviewer does not trust any novel set in a city that she does not know well
% A4 B2 _& b  X% I: T; ?5 f  N  (E) The book reviewer does not believe that she knows San Francisco better than Peter Lee does5 m. W. M; w: `/ H( I- x
  24. Someone's benefiting from having done harm to another person is morally justifiable only if the person who was harmed knew that what was done could cause that harm but consented to its being done anyway
# W' c7 g3 N; W2 m  Which of the following judgments most closely conforms to the principle above?
, V% {( Z" d$ M* ^0 C9 e' K, A+ b  (A) Attempting to avoid being kept after school as punishment for breaking a window. Sonia falsely claimed that her brother had broken it; Sonia's action was morally unjustifiable since it resulted in both children being kept after school for something only Sonia had done
. x% v9 G4 B0 K1 [  (B) Since Ned would not have won the prize for best model airplane if Penny's brother had not inadvertently damaged her entry while playing with it. Ned is morally unjustified in accepting his prize
/ H1 ~$ o  ^% N6 s  (C) Wesley, a doctor, persuade Max to take part in a medical experiment in which a new drug was being tested: since Wesley failed to warn Max about the serious side effects of the drug and the drug proved to have no other effects Wesley was morally unjustified in using the results obtained from Max in his report.
. u) q8 S) W5 q* I  (D) Because Roger's mother suffered severe complications as a result of donating a kidney to him for lifesaving kidney transplant, it was morally unjustifiable for Roger to receive the transplant, even though his mother, herself a doctor, had been eager for the transplant to be performed.& r3 ]3 c; K- J' J
  (E) For James, who was convicted of having defrauded a large number of people out of their savings and wrote a book about his scheme while in prison, to be denied the profits from his book would be morally unjustifiable since he was already been punished for his crime.4 u1 i$ K8 _- v1 L: Y+ i0 Q: x; `4 C! s
  25. Certain governments subsidize certain basic agricultural products in order to guarantee an adequate domestic production of them. But subsidies encourage more intensive farming, which eventually leads to soil exhaustion and drastically reduced yields.
( K$ \6 q6 y  O4 W2 V  Y0 B5 R) q( ^  The situation above is most nearly similar to which one of the following situations with respect to the relationship between the declared intent of a government practice and a circumstance relevant to it?' m+ Q5 G1 J1 G  H) d7 K5 W
  (A) Certain governments subsidize theaters in order to attract foreign tourists. But tourists rarely choose a destination for the theatrical performances it has to offer.
" n+ R2 f7 [( I. q* h6 r  (B) Certain governments restrict imports in order to keep domestic producers in business. But, since domestic producers do not have to face the full force of foreign competition, some domestic producers are able to earn inordinately high profits.
: D; R3 o( [" m0 E  (C) Certain governments build strong armed forces in order to maintain the sort of discipline and morale that keeps armed forces strong, those forces must be used in actual combat periodically.1 g: `. v4 z* y( Y7 D
  (D) Certain governments reduce taxes on business ventures are not always as successful as their owners hoped.% {+ ?1 m3 ~6 d% X; S
  (E) Certain governments pass traffic laws in order to make travel safer. But the population-driven growth in volumes of traffic often has the effect of making travel less safe despite the passage of new traffic laws.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-2 19:29 , Processed in 0.251988 second(s), 21 queries .