立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 140|回复: 0

LSAT模拟试题:LSAT模拟试题TEST4逻辑1b

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 13:26:27 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
6. Advertisement: Anyone who exercises knows from firsthand experience that exercise leads to better performance of such physical organs as the heart and lungs, as well as to improvement in muscle tone. And since your brain is a physical organ, your actions can improve its performance, too. Act now. Subscribe to Stimulus: read the magazine that exercise your brain.  The Advertisement employs which one of the following argumentative strategies?
. U1 y3 i( J! j  (A) It cites experimental evidence that subscribing to the product being advertised has desirable consequences.: g- _1 w4 L6 L/ a7 m2 W
  (B) It ridicules people who do not subscribe to Stimulus by suggesting that they do not believe that exercise will improve brain capacity.
/ D3 ]# c3 H  M- p1 P  (C) It explains the process by which the product being advertised brings about the result claimed for its use.0 P* x6 U5 t8 w* C( X
  (D) It supports its recommendation by a careful analysis of the concept of exercise.
. K2 O$ l3 K1 ^) n8 p5 J0 C  (E) It implies that brains and muscle are similar in one respect because they are similar in another respect.) a1 [% z0 B' d# C# o8 R
  Questions 7 – 8/ y: C0 w+ `  d
  Coherent solutions for the problem of reducing health-care costs cannot be found within the current piecemeal system of paying these costs. The reason is that this system gives health-care providers and insurers every incentive to shift, wherever possible, the costs of treating illness onto each other or any other party, including the patient. That clearly is the lesson of the various reforms of the 1980s; push in on one part of this pliable spending balloon and an equally expensive bulge pops up elsewhere. For example, when the government health-care insurance program for the poor cut costs by disallowing payments for some visits to physicians, patients with advanced illness later presented themselves at hospital emergency rooms in increased numbers.0 B( K* t& f- t5 v9 `  D: T
  7. The argument proceeds by
8 [* n. {5 X; F6 ~4 M3 M' ?/ c. g  (A) showing that shifting costs onto the patient contradicts the premise of health-care reimbursement! R6 M& R1 f5 v  m/ D
  (B) attribution without justification fraudulent intent to people
+ B" u: T+ E7 Y6 n: T! V$ z6 E: l3 @$ O  (C) employing an analogy to characterize interrelationships
9 R1 T% D/ R8 O! N& n5 z) n! U  (D) denying the possibility of a solution by disparaging each possible alternative system
9 \- H2 |9 [# j, {6 _6 K  Q1 I  (E) demonstrating that cooperation is feasible by citing an instance
9 Q4 e& G! a" w: Q  d  8. The argument provides the most support for which one of the following?
" ~( }. K6 S- l6 s  (A) Under the conditions in which the current system operates, the overall volume of health-care costs could be shrunk, if at all, only by a comprehensive approach
& X0 Y8 o2 q( }7 G  (B) Relative to the resources available for health-care funding, the income of the higher-paid health-care professionals is too high.
" o( r$ p4 y/ l6 g$ n$ ~) w. e  (C) Health-care costs are expanding to meet additional funds that have been made available for them.3 h8 i" o1 z$ ^6 D4 B
  (D) Advances in medical technology have raised the expected standards of medical care but have proved expensive.9 e# |9 n8 q* w0 ^* }$ ^* g7 S
  (E) Since unfilled hospital beds contribute to overhead charges on each patient's bill, it would be unwise to hold unused hospital capacity in reserve for large-scale emergencies.; F, {4 B- ^. {: B
  9. The commercial news media emphasize exceptional events such as airplane crashes at the expense of those such as automobile accidents, which occur far fore frequently and represent a far greater risk to the public. Yet the public tends to interpret the degree of emphasis the news media give to these occurrences as indicating the degree of risk they represent.* q/ p7 Q9 J4 p3 ^( F6 ]) d7 s
  If the statements above are true, which one of the following conclusions is more strongly supported by them?$ I9 d, _/ Z2 J. E7 V2 i' T
  (A) Print media, such as newspapers and magazines, are a better source of information than are broadcast media.: y! k' {2 B5 p
  (B) The emphasis given in the commercial news media to major catastrophes is dictated by the public's taste for the extraordinary.  _* B. h) P" S& j4 F
  (C) Events over which people feel they have no control are generally perceived as more dangerous than those, which people feel they can avert or avoid.
- r. |: o& ?  {! o( p% G- i  (D) Where commercial news media constitute the dominant source of information, public perception of risk does not reflect actual risk.
* B9 h/ R+ a* b% f1 \  (E) A massive outbreak of cholera will be covered more extensively by the news media than will the occurrence of a rarer but less serious disease.
  I1 M# @5 b, G7 a' W- z) [& D& O, o  10. A large group of hyperactive children whose regular diets included food containing large amounts of additives was observed by researchers trained to assess the presence or absence of behavior problems. The children were ten placed on a low-additive diet for several weeks, after which they were observed again. Originally nearly 60 percent of the children exhibited behavior problems; after the change in diet, only 30 percent did so. On the basis of these data, it can be concluded that food additives can contribute to behavior problems in hyperactive children.* r7 p' x# q& o; g% a  d: [; R
  The evidence cited fails to establish the conclusion because3 Z9 \7 i! `% S+ i" w3 K
  (A) there is no evidence that the reduction in behavior problems was proportionate to the reduction in food-additive intake
' Z& W; _) R( x: e# b1 _  (B) there is no way to know what changes would have occurred without the change of diet, since only children who changed to a low-additive diet were studied# {7 F, l% _; ^* u
  (C) exactly how many children exhibited behavior problems after the change in diet cannot be determined, since the size of the group studied is not precisely given
0 J7 I6 \- @! X4 K  (D) there is no evidence that the behavior of some of the children was unaffected by additives; ]1 L& C* ?9 W1 Z
  (E) the evidence is consistent with the claim that some children exhibit more frequent behavior problems after being on the low-additive diet than they had exhibited when first observed
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-2 10:13 , Processed in 0.320898 second(s), 21 queries .