立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 117|回复: 0

LSAT模拟试题:LSAT模拟试题TEST4逻辑1d

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 13:26:27 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
16. Comets do not give off their own light but reflect light from other sources, such as the Sun. Scientists estimate the mass of comets by their brightness by their brightness: the greater a comet's mass, the more light that comet will reflect. A satellite probe, however, has revealed that the material of which Halley's comet is composed reflects 60 times less light per unit of mass than had been previously thought.  The statements above, if true, give the most support to which one of the following?8 i& u3 p& i+ b0 a( [5 x
  (A) Some comets are composed of material that reflects 60 times more light per unit of mass than the material of which Halley's comet is composed.
# y7 B  V$ _1 D7 H8 q/ o  (B) Previous estimates of the mass of Halley's comet which were base on its brightness were too low." N- D& B/ {0 H( q  D' p! `
  (C) The total amount of light reflected from Halley's comet is less than scientists had previously thought.
. M- ?+ |9 K& D/ c9 b6 C9 }  (D) The reflective properties of the material of which comets are composed vary considerably from comet to comet.
+ N. _7 v/ Z3 k' ~+ w# o  (E) Scientists need more information before they can make a good estimate of the mass of Halley's comet.7 k' W; ]* S' w" u% Y
  17.Office manager: I will not order recycled paper for this office. Our letters to clients must make a good impression, so we cannot print them on inferior paper.
  L) S# S- ]; K6 W( }( ^  Stationery supplier: recycled paper is not necessarily inferior. In fact, from the beginning, the finest paper has been made of recycled material. It was only in the 1850s that paper began to be made from wood fiber, and then only because there were no longer enough rags to meet the demand for paper.1 U- k8 p8 m6 p( j1 I
  In which of the following ways does the stationer's response fail to address the office manager's objection to recycled paper?
0 d6 j" I3 M& B- K* F* t5 c  (A) It does not recognize that the office manager's prejudice against recycled paper stems from ignorance.5 r' c9 R! Q, R5 O9 I3 j
  (B) It uses irrelevant facts to justify a claim about the quality of the disputed product.
6 a& `8 C$ K; {  (C) It assumes that the office manager is concerned about environmental issues.5 ?  N) w+ H) |- k, H9 W
  (D) It presupposes that the office manager understands the basic technology of paper manufacturing.; o4 v6 O) s( @: S
  (E) It ignores the office manager's legitimate concern about quality.' z  g$ s' O5 x- m* ^$ Q. [( Z
  Question 18 – 19( C, m6 g3 X" r# K' |5 O
  When Alicia Green borrowed a neighbor's car without permission, the police merely gave her a warning. However, when Peter Foster did the same thing, he was charged with automobile theft. Peter came to the attention of the police because the car he was driving was hit by a speeding taxi. Alicia was stopped because the car she was driving had defective taillights. It is true that the car Peter took got damaged and the car Alicia took did not, but since it was the taxi that caused the damage this difference was not due to any difference in the blameworthiness of their behavior. Therefore, Alicia should also have been charged with automobile theft.
! H" i  P0 s# I) t2 F5 H3 `5 ]3 W, H  18. The statement that the car Peter took got damaged and the car Alicia took did not plays which one of the following roles in the argument?
- }& H6 i. y: `+ c  (A) It presents a reason that directly supports the conclusion./ d2 D! O, H- @. C
  (B) It justifies the difference in the actual outcome in the two cases.: |$ O$ z2 G6 A4 }
  (C) It demonstrates awareness of a fact on which a possible objection might be based.
, M! E6 s  i$ i0 u- B. v  (D) It illustrates a general principle on which the argument relies.. B- n3 H" d9 `5 R
  (E) It summarizes a position against which the argument is directed.
2 s( o: b9 b, e% F5 U  19. If all of the claims offered in support of the conclusion are accurate, each of the following could be true EXCEPT:2 z/ L1 D( P9 J' ]) p0 _' e! x
  (A) The interests of justice would have been better served if the police had released Peter Foster with a warning.7 f& f4 G1 y: p; Z9 \2 a/ x# \/ ?
  (B) Alicia Green had never before driven a car belonging to someone else without first securing the owner's permission.+ p  D8 ~- t/ m8 W1 \0 F7 v
  (C) Peter Foster was hit by the taxi while he was running a red light, whereas Alicia Green drove with extra care to avoid drawing the attention of the police to the car she had taken.
/ r* C  Y5 b7 [3 q3 e  l2 r. a  (D) Alicia Green barely missed hitting a pedestrian when she sped through a red light ten minutes before she was stopped by the police for driving a car that had defective taillights.
) k* ^3 b/ i2 B  (E) Peter Foster had been cited for speeding twice in the preceding month, whereas Alicia Green had never been cited for a traffic violation.
# f1 F0 n/ e  G% b% [. |! S7 ^2 Q  20. According to sources who can be expected to know, Dr. Maria Esposito is going to run in the mayoral election. But if Dr. Esposito runs, Jerome Krasman will certainly not run against her. Therefore Dr. Esposito will be the only candidate in the election.
% x3 g8 {* J' A8 R' w% Y7 C  The flawed reasoning in the argument above most closely parallels that in which one of the following?
8 K+ V# D+ k4 _9 \  (A) According to its management, Brown's Stores will move next year. Without Brown's being present, no new large store can be attracted to the downtown area. Therefore the downtown area will no longer be viable as a shopping district.
# A" i2 \6 {' t1 Q3 V+ R  (B) The press release says that the rock group Rollercoaster is playing a concert on Saturday. It won't be playing on Friday if it plays on Saturday. So Saturday will be the only day this week on which Rollercoaster will perform." X. ]1 l' d& ~0 X3 M/ `5 o3 j8 E
  (C) Joshua says the interviewing panel was impressed by Marilyn. But if they were impressed by Marilyn, they probably thought less of Sven. Joshua is probably right, and so Sven will probably not get the job.4 I. L& n! F. r. z8 X1 `* z+ _
  (D) An informant says that Rustimann was involved in the bank robbery, If Rustimann was involved, Jones was certainly not involved. Since these two are the only people who could have been involved. Rustimann is the only person the police need to arrest.
; c$ K9 W4 N. \4 u( R! k8 G  (E) The review said that this book is the best one for beginners at programming. If this book is the best, that other one can't be as good. So this one is the book we should buy
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-2 11:32 , Processed in 0.233585 second(s), 21 queries .