立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 196|回复: 0

LSAT考试模拟试题TEST2-2b

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 13:26:27 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
8. Measurements of the extent of amino-acid decomposition in fragments of eggshell found at archaeological sites in such places as southern Africa can be used to obtain accurate dates for sites up to 200,000 years old. Because the decomposition is slower in cool climates, the technique can be used to obtain accurate dates for sites almost a million years old in cooler regions.  The information above provides the most support for which one of the following conclusions?
" i4 I# o' E/ L  (A) The oldest archaeological sites are not in southern Africa, but rather in cooler regions of the world.; L! f, m0 n" t( [1 V
  (B) The amino-acid decomposition that enables eggshells to be used in dating does not take place in other organic matter found at ancient archaeological sites.
8 L+ H  _- C5 O5 D8 R  (C) If the site being dated had been subject to large unsuspected climatic fluctuations during the time the eggshell has been at the site, application of the technique is less likely to yield accurate results.
. J" e4 t7 q9 m, m8 `! V5 f4 u% c" y2 l  (D) After 200,000 ears in a cool climate, less than one-fifth of the amino acids in a fragment of eggshell that would provide material for dating with the technique will have decomposed and will thus no longer be suitable for examination by the technique." M$ f  N. c, Z5 v
  (E) Fragments of eggshell are more likely to be found at ancient archaeological sites in warm regions of the world than at such sites in cooler regions.
* }2 T1 p* z. |! q6 ^! E( }, g: r  9. Advertisement: Clark brand-name parts are made for cars manufactured in this country. They satisfy al of our government automotive test-the toughest such tests in the world. With foreign-made parts, you never know which might be reliable and which are cheap look-alikes that are poorly constructed and liable to cost you hundreds of dollars in repairs. Therefore, be smart and insist on brand-name parts by Clark for your car.+ ^4 w# C' K0 ^$ A& m. W
  The argument requires the assumption that
( R. \" d0 H" {& A/ Z$ d  (A) Clark parts are available only in this country
$ E+ B+ J: ?7 P  (B) foreign-made parts are not suitable for cars manufactured in this country
! h; G5 @/ y0 w  (C) no foreign-made parts satisfy our government standards
  ^8 u7 w  [' t5 p* P! V  (D) parts that satisfy our government standards are not as poorly constructed as cheap foreign-made parts
; U% X  x& q9 p8 a7 T0 L$ Y  (E) if parts are made for cars manufactured in our country, they are not poorly constructed& @  f# o2 r) L$ O0 T
  10. Even if a crime that has been committed by computer is discovered and reported, the odds of being both arrested and convicted greatly favor the criminal.* J+ X; W5 K( A
  Each of the following, if true, supports the claim above EXCEPT:1 Y: u4 @9 L4 `. c
  (A) The preparation of computer-fraud cases takes much more time than is required for average fraud cases, and the productivity of prosecutors is evaluated by the number of good cases made.3 D- Q7 E6 ^, S/ d- _
  (B) In most police departments, officers are rotated through different assignments every two or three years, a shorter time than it takes to become proficient as a computer-crime investigator.! P, M* r* Z$ W0 c, Z/ p
  (C) The priorities of local police departments, under whose jurisdiction most computer crime falls, are weighted toward visible street crime that communities perceive as threatening.
, o8 D0 t6 r7 D- V6 \7 X$ _. a& A  (D) Computer criminals have rarely been sentenced to serve time in prison, because prisons are overcrowded with violent criminals and drug offenders.3 V) u3 ~1 [7 E+ h* U
  (E) The many police officers who are untrained in computers often inadvertently destroy the physical evidence of computer crime.
# l  y$ G' c& Z5 O  11. Every week, the programming office at an FM radio station reviewed unsolicited letters from listeners who were expressing comments on the station's programs,. One week, the station received 50 letters with favorable comments about the station's news reporting and music selection and 10 letters with unfavorable comments on the station's new movie review segment of the evening program. Faced with this information, the programming director assumed that if some listeners died not like the movie review segment, then there must be other listeners who did like it. Therefore, he decided to continue the movie review segment of the evening program.
* c+ P8 E* I& d  Which on e of the following identifies a problem with the programming director's decision process?8 g) i# ], [9 s# l5 K
  (A) He failed to recognize that people are more likely to write letters of criticism than of praise.
" L2 ?  H! O" _- N' b7 f2 g  (B) He could not properly infer from the fact that some listeners did not like the movie review segment that some others did.( H, s0 }+ K; X5 x; T* p
  (C) He failed to take into consideration the discrepancy in numbers between favorable and unfavorable letters received.
8 O" C, o- z+ F4 o  (D) He failed to take into account the relation existing between the movie review segment and the news.
$ s1 b$ o7 O) v% E/ A+ V4 K; F' N  (E) He did not wait until he received at least 50 letters with unfavorable comments about the movie review segment before making his decision.) X: N2 w. l8 L5 k
  12. “Though they soon will, patients should not have a legal right to see their medical records. As a doctor, I see two reasons for this. First, giving them access will be time-wasting because it will significantly reduce the amount of time that medical staff can spend on more important duties, by forcing them to retrieve and return files. Second, if my experience is anything to go by, no patients are going to ask for access to their records anyway.”
! a. x6 o& D  D( G) D) Y  Which one of the following, if true, establishes that the doctor's second reason does not cancel out the first?
  ?  ^6 Q, a& H9 _) `  (A) The new law will require that doctors, when seeing a patient in their office, must be ready to produce the patient's records immediately, not just ready to retrieve them.
! m* d( E. f' G! _7 }' l; o  (B) The task of retrieving and returning files would fall to the lowest-paid member of a doctor's office staff.( ?2 T! G( @( X! a; {8 D
  (C) Any patients who asked to see their medical records would also insist on having details they did not understand explained to them.
/ N: L, d5 E- I6 G3 A+ I1 T  (D) The new law does not rule out that doctors may charge patients for extra expenses incurred specifically in order to comply with the new law.
: I. \" b2 z. x% h  (E) Some doctors have all allowing their patients access to their medical records, but those doctors' patients took no advantage of this policy.
1 _* s' y1 W7 w! d2 z8 n  13. Alia: Hawthorne admits that he has influence with high government officials. He further admits that he sold that influence to an environmental interest group. There can be no justification for this kind of unethical behavior.
1 [7 \/ O( [* P# p2 q. e  Martha: I disagree that he was unethical. The group that retained Hawthorne's services is dedicated to the cause of preventing water pollution. So, in using his influence to benefit this group, Hawthorne also benefited the public.1 J0 T' ], ~# q
  Alia and Martha disagree on whether9 R- `6 @. l, S! J( D. H: N  E. h
  (A) the meaning of ethical behavior has changed over time; `! t' Y  n( w6 h. P: Z2 ]7 ^. v
  (B) the consequences of Hawthorne's behavior can ethically justify that behavior
  |, c0 T5 z) ]5 s! v- o, }; A  (C) the standards for judging ethical behavior can be imposed on Hawthorne by another& p* H2 M+ |6 b! [  ?
  (D) the meaning of ethical behavior is the same in a public situation as in a private one
. D! g6 P( c) F- ^  (E) the definition of ethical behavior is rooted I philosophy or religion
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-6 08:52 , Processed in 0.336161 second(s), 21 queries .