QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 127|回复: 0

[考试辅导] GMAT考试:Issue写作范文一

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 21:50:16 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
1.  ! L! G4 t, z7 Y
  The extent to which the broadcast media should be censored for offensive language and behavior involves a conflict between our right of free speech and the duty of the government to protect its citizenry from potential harm. In my view, our societal interest in preventing the harm that exposure to obscenity produces takes precedence over the rights of individuals to broadcast this type of content.来源:考试大( T) `' p% @! J  o
6 \& T/ A. J8 Y8 Q
      First of all, I believe that exposure to obscene and offensive language and behavior does indeed cause similar behavior on the part of those who are exposed to it. Although we may not have conclusive scientific evidence of a cause-effect relationship, ample anecdotal evidence establishes a significant correlation. Moreover, both common sense and our experiences with children inform us that people tend to mimic the language and behavior they are exposed to.来源:考试大, U$ U+ A  R; X& ]9 K- y6 U
' T5 `7 r) X7 [4 s- I
      Secondly, I believe that obscene and offensive behavior is indeed harmful to a society. The harm it produces is, in my view, both palpable and profound. For the individual, it has a debasing impact on vital human relationships; for the society, it promotes a tendency toward immoral and antisocial behavior. Both outcomes, in turn, tear apart the social fabric that holds a society together.来源:考试大
7 b# `( }+ e( W! g
! \. x$ Z" f6 U: D( k  i      Those who advocate unbridled individual expression might point out that the right of free speech is intrinsic to a democracy and necessary to its survival. Even so, this right is not absolute, nor is it the most critical element. In my assessment, the interests served by restricting obscenity in broadcast media are, on balance, more crucial to the survival of a society. Advocates of free expression might also point out difficulties in defining "obscene" or "offensive" language or behavior. But in my view, however difficult it may be to agree on standards, the effort is worthwhile.来源:考试大
- {) O8 @) \6 e9 t% J
4 @, @/ C% a4 `      In sum, it is in our best interest as a society for the government to censor broadcast media for obscene and offensive language and behavior. Exposure to such media content tends to harm society and its citizenry in ways that are worth preventing, even in light of the resulting infringement of our right of free expression.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-29 04:52 , Processed in 0.303140 second(s), 21 queries .