QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 98|回复: 0

[考试辅导] GMAT考试写作指导:Issue写作范文五

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 21:50:16 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
5.  Which is a more productive method of performing a group task: allowing ail
) P. U: q+ Z' j, \4 z# Sgroup members to share in the decision making, duties and responsibilities, or
8 M. L2 W: n! R$ v" t5 ]7 eappointing one member to make decisions, delegate duties and take responsibility? The   X  u3 Z: _0 F( F
speaker's opinion is that the first method is always the best one. In my view, however, 0 h3 J; E0 H7 ]/ r; ^1 W
each of these alternatives is viable in certain circumstances, as illustrated by two very
" `6 n0 W/ Q! n4 q' L- Bdifferent examples.
* M+ h) p; t: j: h' i      A jury in a criminal trial is good example of a group in which shared decision-
) q5 [7 I( T/ b3 F- b' }  i$ kmaking, duties, and responsibility is the most appropriate and effective way to get the ' k' G8 V# M3 g. t
job done. Each member of the jury is on equal footing with the others. While one person
$ T3 K% b$ n4 [6 P$ pis appointed to head the jury, his or her function is to act as facilitator, not as leader. To # b! s4 y6 Y2 Z) P* v
place ultimate authority and responsibility on the facilitator would essentially be to : G6 `' E5 g% Z% N% A$ b' }0 Z9 k
appoint a judge, and to thereby defeat the very purpose of the jury system.
+ }$ M. v6 b9 o7 K: |! {3 c1 [      By way of contrast, a trauma unit in a hospital is a case in which one individual
/ [& a( E1 |# i( [should assume responsibility, delegate duties and make decisions. In trauma units, split-6 c) d* o6 a$ U$ ]9 ]1 ?
second decisions are inherently part of the daily routine, and it is generally easier for , G$ h" o! k' x% h. b6 f
one person to make a quick decision than for a team to agree on how to proceed. One
0 q5 M! B$ w4 f" J( L6 u1 rcould argue that since decisions in trauma units are typically life-and-death ones,
& G* n+ h" X) J+ Vleaving these decisions to one person is too risky. However, this argument ignores the
( P( k8 {2 G& O2 o" s+ N8 m5 N- bcrucial point that only the most experienced individuals should be trusted with such a ! t8 f$ e9 M) X8 E0 ^  G
burden and with such power; leaving decisions to inexperienced group members can
, k1 j% c! H- U# ]" a& Mjeopardize a patient's very life.
% u( I7 v* K8 p# [; N; O. G      In conclusion, I agree that in some situations the best way to accomplish a task is 0 h# o0 X8 T6 S
through teamwork—sharing responsibility, duties and decision making. However, in
+ q# E7 O4 x/ X9 Sother situations, especially those where quick decisions are necessary or where 7 P. B* l2 U8 D2 ]! `1 ]" X
individual experience is critical, the most effective means is for one individual to serve / d7 b3 u4 [9 z6 B+ `. A
as leader and assume ultimate responsibility for completing the job.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-29 13:33 , Processed in 0.152922 second(s), 21 queries .