立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 140|回复: 0

[考试辅导] GMAT考试写作指导:Issue写作范文七

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 21:50:16 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
7.  Some people think that the best way to advise people is simply to find what they
% Q0 k, A/ E1 [, R0 x! M' Dwant and help them attain it? In my view, this method is generally not the best way to 8 Z% R% U. ?5 \5 b/ L' s0 t
proceed in advising others; it ignores the plain truth that many people do not know what
) j2 c8 [  C* Gthey want and do not know what is best for them.2 O  A# z% F$ D# ?# U1 B
      My main reason for rejecting this technique is that people very rarely have any
9 f  {* {: y* D- ^clear idea of what they want. This applies not only to consumer items such as clothing, , }8 `1 T6 c1 r) p( t
cars and luxury items but also to what they want out of life in general. In fact, numerous " N# r8 _8 |: o- |
studies have shown that most people cannot list the ten things they want most out of life,
! s% y0 E, B0 ]  ], l& C* _even if given considerable time to think about it.
* Z; d6 E$ r1 @- j      My second reason for rejecting this method is that more often than not what ; \! T+ \8 Y$ r2 s
people want is not what is best for them. Parents continually face this problem when + n5 [5 }( t# P
advising their children. For example, suppose a child wants to quit school and get a job. % L; {! L( [6 H- d9 `- S
Surely, the parents would be derelict in helping their child attain this want instead of 4 O$ ^9 k2 e! Q2 Z
convincing the child that continuing education would be in his or her best interest.: ~) @, P/ ~4 h3 l
      Admittedly, following the proposed advising method would result in a high rate of
) H8 e4 c6 M3 k4 o5 E- m2 bcompliance, since the person being advised would act consistently with his or her own + |; }: I& Q  K. `2 h) `
will by following the advice. However, as noted above, acting according to what one
  q- g" X& N0 ^$ ?wants is not necessarily desirable. Proponents of this method might also point to college
" P' W/ s6 m# K9 P# U1 n2 ocounselors as models of this technique. However, college counselors should not / A; k- j& {; a$ u' o2 t9 K
necessarily be held up as models for advising people generally, let alone as models for ) L6 x% V6 P  |8 B, r1 k
advising students.
' C. P4 P$ O; s      In conclusion, I do not agree that the best way to advise people is to find what
4 M2 P3 f7 c8 Q2 O8 |+ x1 \. [they desire and help them achieve it. In my estimation the pitfalls of such a technique来源:www.examda.com
1 ]- _" m4 D6 d" O/ o  youtweigh any of its potential advantages.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-29 09:54 , Processed in 0.158467 second(s), 21 queries .