立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 117|回复: 0

[考试辅导] GMAT考试写作指导:Issue写作范文九

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 21:50:16 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
9.  Should employees leave their personal lives entirely behind them when they enter 4 ]* \1 b# R7 t
the workplace, as the speaker suggests here? While I agree that employees should not
) b, H1 n0 I8 d! W0 I3 ballow their personal lives to interfere with their jobs, the speaker fails to consider that   Y" l: K5 g* q. y+ ~/ N
integrating personal life with work can foster a workplace ambiance that helps everyone 8 E0 s" l- O. @/ h4 W
do a better job, thereby promoting success for the organization.
! t$ a) {! G6 A3 `# Q, y      Engaging coworkers in occasional conversation about personal interests and ! S' N$ w6 H' R! H6 a& T6 \
activities can help build collegiality among coworkers that adds to their sense of
* f8 d2 {4 L& Bcommon purpose on the job. Managers would be well advised to participate in and 1 j: J. Z5 {0 A( D+ `/ d& }
perhaps even plan the sharing of personal information—as a leadership tool as well as a 5 I. ^( A, A! @3 u# l
morale booster. An employee feels valued when the boss takes time to ask about the
! M$ |2 F8 n' Oemployee's family or recent vacation. The employee, in turn, is likely to be more loyal
3 Z& P: [/ x% {# S# Qto and cooperative with the boss. Company-sponsored social events picnics, parties, 7 r" V* _; d# L! W% v
excursions, and so forth—also help to produce greater cohesiveness in an organization, + x$ q6 H' ?; r8 D5 P
by providing opportunities for employees to bond with one another in ways that
7 [& z! }, v' a: h  ~/ U: }. Btranslate into better working relationships.* ^% c2 h' F8 H; N, e% y
      Admittedly, employees should guard against allowing their personal life to
6 D6 J( m1 W+ Iimpinge upon their job performance or intrude on coworkers. Excessive chatting about ; I; f  t9 Y5 z. b8 ?
nun business topics, frequent personal telephone calls, and the like, are always
4 ~5 [& s8 }9 s( ]: T8 o( d; s3 Bdistracting. And romances between coworkers are best kept confidential, at least to the
$ @* x2 ?, z" y4 N/ F5 [4 sextent they disrupt work or demoralize or offend other employees. By the same token, 5 ?' l5 y2 C4 w
however, employees who are too aloof—sharing nothing personal with others—may be
( f- e" E0 \5 w" N# F  z5 kresented by coworkers who perceive them as arrogant, unfriendly, or uncooperative. * m" O6 y2 n7 F7 k
The ill-will and lack of communication that is likely to result may ultimately harm the
# i  \" @8 W7 t% |4 X+ Yorganization.
: Y+ p9 S1 l4 u      In the final analysis, employees should strike a careful balance when they mix
- c- X4 T& g; ?+ Ftheir personal lives with their jobs. Although there are some circumstances in which
" t7 M( A- K  X3 W2 r/ Q) wbringing one's personal life to the job may be counterproductive, for many reasons it is
$ r0 L% c/ L3 K) J4 Za good idea to inject small doses of personal life into the workplace.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-29 03:18 , Processed in 0.187237 second(s), 21 queries .