立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 126|回复: 0

[考试辅导] GMAT考试写作指导:Issue写作范文二九

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 21:50:16 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
29.        This advice means fundamentally that if we focus our attention on the details of a
5 t6 F& o7 q" h, jproject rather than on the end product, the result will be better than if we proceed the * H- h6 {7 D! R" V7 O
other way around. Admittedly, this advice has some merit; by focusing on the details at 3 V# w7 \4 t  |# U9 a
hand one is less likely to become discouraged by the daunting or overwhelming tasks
& m" w, c6 U, B; {* G7 iahead in an ambitious project. Otherwise, however, I think this advice is poor,
7 c) B) J3 O. O* G4 ]2 w  [$ A      The central problem with this advice is that focusing attention completely on the + U+ I$ B2 T- r4 q- l
task at hand without reference to how that task is related to the end product would be 1 H, D, |& R( M$ X/ r* r3 ?; K
virtually impossible to do. The reason for this is simple. Without some reference to a
0 F* l% O  i/ W: l1 f6 Kgoal or a result we would have no idea of what task to perform in the first place. As a
  @: H/ t& y* }: {+ d6 bresult, the various tasks we engage in would be somewhat random and, in turn, no 1 h5 k+ G; b1 Y3 G2 \8 h+ i6 m
matter how diligent and careful we were in performing them the likelihood of producing
, o' D" H( f0 Hworthwhile or successful end products would be minimal., ]3 k0 d) o! m  B& B+ g& N
      To ensure good results, one should instead take a balanced approach to the task at 6 K1 X  x( @: ^0 i& J, P
hand. By a balanced approach I mean paying attention to both the desired result and the
* |. s- r$ D$ z5 ^8 @* vspecific tasks that are required to achieve it. House building provides a good example of
: ]" R6 r4 [$ p: E: qthis approach. The house plan not only contains a rendering of the finished product but 3 @  X! w+ U0 m% U% `
also contains detailed drawings and descriptions of each of the specific components 4 F) [4 _6 @* [* j# I: S7 E$ Q6 x
required to ensure a successful result. Moreover, the order of the tasks is determined 4 ^4 O; b) e# M, f/ l) Q  P3 B
with reference to this result. In my estimation, virtually all successful projects proceed
+ H2 R2 |3 y; din the fashion illustrated in this example., E0 Q* Z/ N4 m9 V: i( R0 {! F
      In sum, I don't think that the advice offered in the statement is worth following. In
- Q1 ]3 \3 ?9 M) L6 Bmy view, following this advice is more likely to produce unsuccessful results than
* Z3 S# I6 [3 _2 D" w, W1 tsuccessful ones.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-29 18:10 , Processed in 0.284451 second(s), 21 queries .