立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 133|回复: 0

[考试辅导] GMAT考试写作指导:Issue写作范文三五

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 21:50:16 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
35.        I agree with the speaker that decisions and actions of businesses are too often
8 Y0 t+ E3 P4 {! [2 X  k9 A2 Q"infected" by short sighted motives. Admittedly, attention to immediate results and
; o) v2 B/ N+ m. gshort-term goals may be critical, and healthy, for survival of a fledgling company.
7 }/ ~9 [$ e6 `/ q0 j" k$ lHowever, for most established businesses, especially large corporations, failure to 9 p% r0 b) m/ ~; {9 K; r/ \+ X
adequately envision the long-term implications of their actions for themselves and for # D# G% z- r, z8 S1 w& z9 L
others is all-too common and appropriately characterized as a "disease."
5 J* z; T3 {5 g  a( y+ q      The business world is replete with evidence that companies often fail to envision
& m  G# p" r) f# [+ Zthe long-term implications of their actions for themselves. Businesses assume excessive 1 ?" ]; A7 p- z  N! B3 c
debt to keep up with booming business, ignoring the possibility of a future slowdown 0 o" ?5 z8 `. t0 g
and resulting forfeiture or bankruptcy. Software companies hastily develop new
' g, O! t  c* T, hproducts to cash in on this year's fad, ignoring bugs and glitches in their programs that
$ q% W6 I9 A2 h  W7 V8 nultimately drive customers away. And manufacturers of inherently dangerous products ) u  r0 z# y9 ]' T
cut safety corners to enhance short-term profits, failing to see the future implications:
3 H6 f& C/ X' l8 r2 jclass action liability suits, criminal sanctions, and shareholder revolts.
0 B+ \$ P7 z8 c0 l& p6 n* g8 J      Similarly, businesses fail to see implications of their actions for others. Motivated , k2 `+ P. T! `
only by the immediate bottom line, movie studios ignore the deleterious effects that ) n& K6 I2 }) v  N6 V- \5 I
movie violence and obscenity may have on their patrons and on the society at large.
/ [( u' M5 |. j' |4 W6 Q' sCaptains of the energy industry pay lip service to environmental ramifications of
4 g4 @! |2 g. h) q/ G6 nunbridled energy use for future generations, while their real concern is with ensuring
6 d$ O5 s& t2 b% l2 s& _near-term dependence on the industry's products or services. And manufacturers of
: O) g7 L5 N6 O0 A8 |/ E: Idangerous products do a long-term disservice to others, of course, by cutting corners in 2 B$ H& l( y8 {% {" K  J  C
safety and health.( S6 n( a5 B8 r( I( W
      In sum, I think the criticism that businesses are too concerned with immediate
! x9 m" r* C- g4 x2 Q3 v8 h5 T# Jresults and not concerned enough with the long-term effects of their actions and * e8 ?; t5 Q, A% s: F
decisions is for the most part a fair assessment of modern-day business.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-6-28 05:24 , Processed in 0.201823 second(s), 21 queries .