立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 137|回复: 0

[考试辅导] GMAT考试写作指导:Issue写作范文三七

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 21:50:16 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
37. Because scientific knowledge is increasingly important in our technological world 3 d) |7 m6 `6 c1 K6 X
and in the practical world of jobs and careers, schools should devote sufficient time to 0 T3 L; t& u2 U
teaching mathematics and science. This is not to say, however, that schools should
1 |6 h$ Y9 v9 idevote less time to the arts or humanities. To the contrary, in a technological age the , y8 |" k; g' e( h% r- v
study of arts and humanities is probably more important than ever—for three reasons.  t$ L, ^; e! x" f6 q1 V" b/ W% X
      First of all, studying the arts and humanities can help students become better
1 P1 a. L2 z! M7 f0 \5 x5 Bmathematicians and scientists. For example, recent studies of cognitive development # v9 |/ U$ l2 h, k
show that studying music at an early age can strengthen a child's later grasp of 9 S5 s, H4 ]' O/ P6 d
mathematics. And understanding philosophical concepts has helped scientists recognize ! L; Q* `( A) R) R! a1 d: ]  @
their own presuppositions, and frame their central questions more accurately.5 u) K/ C+ I: j" [& C
      Secondly, studying the creative and intellectual achievement of others helps 5 t8 I( ?+ B* }2 G+ ~. _
inspire our own creativity and intellectual questioning. This is particularly important in
& A- l; B7 p# ~8 g; man era dominated by technology, where we run a serious risk of becoming automatons 1 R. e1 C" ?5 b9 B9 v+ M/ k! `. h) h
who fit neatly into the efficient functioning of some system.
& v- @* N. I9 z/ H: Z  w      Finally, technology is valuable as an efficient means to our important goals. But ( `7 x* P# O2 S+ h8 A; q! @! Q
neither technology, nor the science on which it is founded, decides which goals are best, 3 e, N% T3 A, T0 M8 _
or judges the moral value of the means we choose for their attainment. We need the 9 V* t; Q; m  H1 J) f
liberal arts to help us select worthwhile ends and ethical means.- K/ L) _" ?. h# d
      In conclusion, schools should not devote less time to the arts and humanities.
3 e5 p% n2 B2 k) }+ Q- d# K) A0 @These areas of study augment and enhance learning in mathematics and science, as well
5 K( s: m" _5 I% R0 x5 R& D7 x2 q& {0 Nas helping to preserve the richness of our entire human legacy while inspiring us to / K7 [2 r, O. I4 r* j2 t0 {
further it. Moreover, disciplines within the humanities provide methods and contexts for
. ]1 k* Q7 Q( i. S! U/ G: uevaluating the morality of our technology and for determining its proper direction.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-30 00:26 , Processed in 0.356242 second(s), 21 queries .