立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 130|回复: 0

[考试辅导] GMAT考试写作指导:Issue写作范文五七

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 21:50:16 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
57.        In determining whether we are becoming more respectful of one another's
, H/ J3 K+ R3 q. \9 i" n1 ?  r$ ^  e, Fdifferences, one must examine both overt actions and underlying motives, as well as
& w( u( Q. N' U* [examining whether our differences are increasing or decreasing. The issue, therefore, is 9 N* ]$ x# k, n
quite complex, and the answer is unclear.' r+ l. B* H, E
      Disrespect for one another's differences manifests itself in various forms of
( J0 K1 C) |* t$ @1 U8 lprejudice and discrimination. Since the civil rights and feminist movements of the 60s * Q2 F3 L: [7 L/ c
and 70s, it would seem that we have made significant progress toward eliminating racial
. W4 Y- V6 {  y+ }) G# `and sexual discrimination. Antidiscriminatory laws in the areas of employment, housing, " r. l: g3 `$ z0 K
and education, now protect all significant minority groups racial minorities and women, $ I8 U$ R8 y: D4 T  y
the physically challenged and, more recently, homosexuals. Movies and television - |6 Z+ Q% F( `/ G- e
shows, which for better or worse have become the cynosure of our cultural attention,
: |& G7 l  w: ], Xnow tout the rights of minorities, encouraging acceptance of and respect for others.3 }  `$ B: [; [2 @
      However, much of this progress-is forced upon us legislative. Without Title 10 and
6 x1 H  Y. Z0 i: _2 mits progenies, would we voluntarily refrain from the discriminatory behavior that the
  Q. \7 P6 T( o. H% Ylaws prevent? Perhaps not. Moreover, signs of disrespect are all around us today.
4 _8 k' O% x* Z8 q- aExtreme factions still rally around bigoted demagogues; the number of "hate crimes" is
- g5 g  x: U9 T. j( ?9 Q  Oincreasing alarmingly; and school-age children seem to flaunt a disrespect toward adults 2 _. L. m8 a7 w4 Y& i
as never before. Finally, what appears to be respect for one another's differences may in ; P! \* G& B$ x' M, ]) \+ ?1 o
fact be an increasing global homogeneity—that is, we are becoming more and more + D& P7 j. g1 p+ q' B9 \7 l6 M3 l
alike.
. v5 [1 M2 Y* x      In sum, on a societal level it is difficult to distinguish between genuine respect for ) U1 A8 O( o4 J- i- f
one another's differences on the one hand and legislated morality and increasing
* ~1 [6 _7 E, s0 \) J0 [* s: Ihomogeneity on the other. Accordingly, the claim that we are becoming more respectful
. l$ J; B$ b: Q- C$ p3 |: N  L6 i" nof one another's differences is somewhat dubious.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-28 19:41 , Processed in 0.787462 second(s), 21 queries .