立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 129|回复: 0

[考试辅导] GMAT考试写作指导:Issue写作范文六十

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 21:50:16 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
60.         Determining whether employers should have access to personal information about
6 e7 v8 F1 [9 H5 H4 ~3 j# Zemployees requires that the interests of businesses in ensuring productivity and stability
2 C. P- v" k+ f6 Rbe weighed against concerns about equity and privacy interests. On balance, my view is % i( }6 S$ I- t" P2 x6 b; t
that employers should not have the right to obtain personal information about current
& g  Z) ]7 l2 }' qemployees without their consent.2 N2 r9 l+ H6 b1 L# ?/ N
      A business' interest in maintaining a stable, productive workforce clearly justifies
- Y1 J) Z* g$ n$ Yright of access to certain personal information about prospective employees. Job ) c" }4 U; X5 y* G9 |; U. [4 A' u
applicants can easily conceal personal information that might adversely affect job
) P- d; e% W, ]" C5 \4 m+ Nperformance, thereby damaging the employer in terms of low productivity and high - Y' M  }) ~" B* J7 h( V1 k3 F
turnover. During employment, however, the employee's interests are far more
; l- p( W5 @, M$ fcompelling than those of the employer, for three reasons.
( t: r$ Z& P2 x+ n8 ^      First, the employer has every opportunity to monitor ongoing job performance and 6 P+ `9 H- b* V1 v! R  C( E
to replace workers who fail to meet standards, regardless of the reason for that failure. 5 w; S. d+ X1 i0 l& l, o
Second, allowing free access to personal information about employees might open the
4 D0 i7 t* @9 [floodgates to discriminatory promotions and salary adjustments. Current federal laws--' `1 V2 `( v6 \; q* s3 F
which protect employees from unfair treatment based on gender, race, and marital status, " e* U) E2 j( V# j) a
may not adequately guard against an employer's searching for an excuse to treat certain / E, t3 }5 d3 o9 I! i
employees unfairly. Third, access to personal information without consent raises serious 4 _: I5 O7 B2 _9 l! s& }
privacy concerns, especially where multiple individuals have access to the information.
& d- ]! _. N. @: `4 ?1 bHeightening this concern is the ease of access to information which our burgeoning ' w( I& [1 J" h' @: Z2 C  Q" ~0 V
electronic intranets make possible.
1 I) w0 k" q# ^& L      In sum, ready access to certain personal information about prospective employees % C2 @' ]/ e  }( R' Y4 ?2 a
is necessary to protect businesses; however, once hired, an employee's interest in / E* C0 \( t& Q' |6 r" a
equitable treatment and privacy far outweighs the employer's interest in ensuring a , D& g# k6 P  B- w  o/ u6 Z' D
productive and stable workforce.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-29 18:44 , Processed in 0.534116 second(s), 21 queries .