立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 147|回复: 0

[考试辅导] GMAT考试写作指导:Issue写作范文三九

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 21:50:16 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
39.        Are professional success and a fulfilling personal life mutually exclusive? ( T0 Q6 P( }1 {- I( ~7 k1 ?
Probably not, although it is more difficult today to achieve both.
) A2 T* d9 ?" R3 O* {) d9 q) V      Undeniably, today's professionals must work long hours to keep their heads above
1 N9 v& @2 r# w1 D7 `water, let alone to get ahead in life financially. This is especially true in Japan, where
. O( e! \* h  |3 n, ]3 u, lcost of living, coupled with corporate culture, compel professional males to all but
& m8 n! P1 Z! u& ^9 b9 Jabandon their families and literally to work themselves to death. While the situation
+ x! D, f/ k. [$ L3 `" vhere in the states may not be as critical, the two-income family is now the norm, not by 5 Y3 ^# j5 J- ]# a1 |7 `$ h7 S
choice but by necessity.
, q- e1 x% \+ t9 I      However, our society's professionals are taking steps to remedy the problem. First, 0 P5 ]9 _" ~9 ?* F4 P1 n) l4 }
they are inventing ways—such as job sharing and telecommuting—to ensure that . D% l- t+ A) x; P2 |5 r# Y4 q
personal life does not take a backseat to career. Second, they are setting priorities and 9 O2 s* o) B/ V4 `  U& B
living those hours outside the workplace to the fullest. In fact, professional success 3 ~: |; h' O/ H" G
usually requires the same time-management skills that are useful to find time for family,
" e4 M% e2 H: Whobbies, and recreation. One need only look at the recent American presidents--Clinton, - S' P  Z$ N! K+ P/ K/ h+ U4 H
Bush, Reagan, and Carter—to see that it is possible to lead a balanced life which
2 p' Z0 G) |. p! A2 V& Tincludes time for family, hobbies, and recreation, while immersed in a busy and
" \- y8 ?1 v) i( h" ssuccessful career. Third, more professionals are changing careers to ones which allow
/ j$ Q, i! O! h' F- Pfor some degree of personal fulfillment and self-actualization. Besides, many 4 Y" s% L. H" _% u
professionals truly love their work and would do it without compensation, as a hobby.
* S4 Z2 t% E) M8 L  v* LFor them, professional fulfillment and personal fulfillment are one and the same.
; i/ V$ L- J: [1 d, R& b# h      In conclusion, given the growing demands of career on today's professionals, a
: r! V2 q- ?, Pfulfilling personal life remains possible by working smarter, by setting priorities, and by
1 g5 S& ?& |/ V' i: o1 x0 B( ymaking suitable career choices.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-29 21:52 , Processed in 0.278734 second(s), 21 queries .