立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 161|回复: 0

[考试辅导] GMAT考试写作指导:Issue写作范文四九

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 21:50:16 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
49.        There is no doubt that hard work contributes to success. Yet a person can work . `; N- F/ K/ t( t% [7 o0 E
awfully hard and still achieve very little. In order to bring about success, hard work has
, r! o& h' M2 w0 k( @to be directed by dear goals and the knowledge of how to reach them. Moreover, 1 M9 S; R' Q1 }8 I+ e# Q# i
imagination, intelligence and persistence can be equally important to success.4 J' I/ K4 a# w' N
      Individual success is gauged by the extent to which one reaches his important
7 i4 Q" T) U, {5 Ipersonal goals. And it takes careful planning to set goals and discover the best means of 4 B: ~6 q& H( I3 U5 ?: b
realizing them. Before hard work even begins, therefore, considerable time and effort
0 f7 c1 F7 p' ?! Hshould be spent on planning.* \  B( V* r+ A9 t3 N0 W; l7 ~
      Intelligence and imagination play important roles in planning. Imagination helps " F& e, e6 v8 w
one to envision new solutions to problems, and new means by which to achieve goals. , p8 m" X- ?: ~/ W& T+ ~; l
Intelligence helps one research and critically evaluate the possibilities that imagination 1 B" C0 ~, K1 N2 X
has provided. Together, imagination and intelligence can even help one avoid certain
5 ?& o) y: v- ?1 f/ |/ W7 v2 q1 Zkinds of hard work, by producing more efficient ways to accomplish 'goals.
" k" M  f  P! P      Finally, persistence is crucial to success. Sometimes, rewards do not come
8 [+ J' l0 k+ z/ C; \8 d/ C: Iquickly—even when one carefully sets the goals, creatively and intelligently plans ways
- X  E  r8 Q) n) _9 G# I* Mto achieve them, and work hard according to plan. Tradition has it, for example, that
' Y3 G, {2 y) t; A3 XThomas Edison made thousands of attempts to create a light bulb before he finally
# g2 f) w! N9 a$ i. o  c/ ]succeeded. In the face of countless failures, he refused to quit. In fact, he considered
9 n5 f  X2 i# R' ?each failure a successful discovery of what not to do!9 {3 [1 m5 m: ]/ a
      In conclusion, it is true that there is no substitute for hard work. But hard work is : c. a* E, }$ V! k% A
an ingredient of success, and not the key. Hard work can produce real accomplishment
% h/ l% s& E. Zonly if it is directed by a plan involving some idea of one's goals and the means to them. . c1 T4 N9 Z3 R9 x/ F
And a good plan, as well as its successful implementation, requires imagination,
& \2 K$ B3 y* D- Cintelligence, and persistence.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-29 19:01 , Processed in 0.194589 second(s), 21 queries .