立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 102|回复: 0

[考试辅导] GMAT考试写作指导:Issue写作范文四八

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 21:50:16 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
48.        In the hiring process, it is more difficult to assess personality and work habits than " O: P$ l6 U+ J7 q7 I1 j
to determine work experience and educational background. Even so, it is important to
. H1 P4 {; S9 D% d- I7 Y5 |try and judge the less quantifiable characteristics of a prospective colleague or
4 s7 x& C+ N# V4 Bemployee—such as honesty, reliability, creativity, self-motivation, and the capacity to
, l1 K- H5 k5 g' a. bget along and work well with others. If it doesn't seem obvious that these are important 4 a# ~1 r9 s! _
qualities in a coworker, then consider the alternatives.: o7 v6 `/ B, l8 v. n/ k6 c8 M
      First of all, dishonest or unreliable workers harm an organization in many ways. ) |5 k* x6 Y" J6 Z, C0 X
Dishonest employees impose costs on a company whether they steal on the grand or / a) }6 [* \- J4 `: m9 a0 v
small scale: jus; taking a few days of unwarranted sick leave here and there can add up
' Y% e) ?# \3 qto significant lost productivity. And lying about progress on a project can result in 6 K+ A% {3 b( K
missed deadlines and even lost contracts. Unreliability works the same way; if an ; }# U3 `# W/ @  F
employee cannot meet deadlines or fails to appear at important meetings, the
1 B2 W, }/ ], Xorganization will suffer accordingly.  G  o2 a( q9 F4 n7 ?( i  [
      In addition, coworkers who lack motivation or creativity take some of the life out   m$ C6 l' B9 l1 F7 u" n
of an organization. To the extent that employees simply plug along, the company will be
" Z3 g. ]$ u" }1 A+ fless productive In contrast, employees who have imagination and the motivation to
. _; |$ ?' W+ K4 p( X7 `implement ideas are productive and can spark those around them to greater
" z' z4 I# r/ Uachievement.) o9 J9 F+ I2 g; z! K, Q) s/ g
      Finally, employees who cannot get along with or work well with others can as
, e, D# _) j4 u4 F1 ?. y7 Hwell be detrimental to the organization. The mere presence of a troublemaker is
# R+ |: ]7 R' d( }5 p# `/ b9 kdisruptive; moreover, the time such people spend on petty disagreements is time away
1 s6 \- U: Z7 }/ ^" {/ Zfrom getting the job done successfully. In addition, those who cannot smoothly 1 m# N" T7 X9 G( J- c) I: X0 e
coordinate their efforts with others will end up making things more difficult for 3 J9 P' w% M& |( D
everyone else.'
! H& z* f; v# F      In conclusion, it may not be easy to Judge the personality traits and work habits of # G6 U( Q4 H7 N) \% _7 ?. {
prospective employees, but it certainly is worth the effort to try. Having coworkers who
9 \' J2 X! t7 ]  J7 s6 C0 c, X* dare honest, reliable, creative, self-motivated, compatible with one another and good 2 `5 n! R1 g0 n- E
team players will greatly enhance everyone's work life, and benefit a organization In the
$ E0 _% R% ~4 Z* Mmost significant way—with greater productivity.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-29 22:41 , Processed in 0.240474 second(s), 21 queries .