立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 96|回复: 0

[考试辅导] GMAT考试写作指导:Issue写作范文六二

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 21:50:16 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
62.        This view of education seems to recommend that schools stress the unity of all ! k. K3 s/ H! Y* h' ?  {! a1 m. L
people instead of their diversity. White I agree that education should include teaching
+ x" E9 |& N9 G( {7 x4 D$ Jstudents about characteristics that we all share, doing so need not necessarily entail
, {" B, \+ o6 Bshifting focus away from our differences. Education can and should include both.
2 A7 L, A2 i, D. ]. X  v: c. @      On the one hand. we are in the midst of an evolving global community where it is
& e* }  P$ b$ Y% b1 O6 I# |increasingly important for people to recognize our common humanity, as well as
& J& s* I4 p+ m; x+ uspecific hopes and goals we all share. People universally prefer health to disease, being
; S% t! o& J7 X8 F, \! l8 a( h+ ~nourished to starving, safe communities to crime-riddled ones, and peace to war. ' x* ^5 @  m( c% S2 S
Focusing on our unity will help us realize these hopes and goals. Moreover, in our
4 k) t9 H& r8 g! _pluralistic democracy it is crucial to find ways to unify citizens from diverse
- a/ D) t. h. mbackgrounds. Otherwise, we risk being reduced to ethnic, religious or political factions
2 @) |8 n% R  @* y+ Cat war with one another, as witnessed recently in the former Yugoslavia. Our own
  l0 Q# L6 Y6 a7 C. G* Rdiverse society can forestall such horrors only if citizens are educated about the
, G+ z$ e* u, j: [/ m" m/ Jdemocratic ideals, heritage, rights and obligations we all have in common., p& \! y# K) d5 S6 h
      On the other hand, our schools should not attempt to erase, ignore, or even play
0 E4 m: r, R7 V" k+ p# |! t: vdown religious, ethnic or cultural diversity. First of all, schools have the obligation to 7 u- l3 c1 F; q4 S# U7 r  v
teach the democratic ideal of tolerance, and the best way to teach tolerance is to educate
: `" m0 ?/ z! Q& R9 c" [7 _- Zpeople about different religions, cultures and so on. Moreover, educating people about + H4 d# z8 g( t' k0 }
diversity might even produce a unifying effect—by promoting understanding and
% _2 _/ V& J8 y& A  O) Yappreciation among people from all backgrounds.
) J- y4 F& {3 H" X1 E# `      In conclusion, while it may appear paradoxical to recommend that education stress " W7 a- Z$ z* [" A, k
both unity and diversity, it is not. Understanding our common humanity will help us 8 I" J- q0 R/ B' O  z3 g2 N8 o
achieve a better, more peaceful world. Toward the same end, we need to understand our
& h4 Z- J/ D8 ^/ ^$ e$ }differences in order to better tolerate them, and perhaps even appreciate them. Our
* V6 q2 M3 g& O' e7 K. L& wschools can and should promote both kinds of understanding by way of a balanced 5 @# w8 b2 b& y( }% ~$ [
approach.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-29 22:34 , Processed in 0.156096 second(s), 21 queries .