立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 183|回复: 0

[考试辅导] GMAT考试写作指导:Issue写作范文七九

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 21:50:16 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
79.        This first part of this statement means that interpersonal—or social—skills can be
9 F3 e, v8 w, L' Tmarketed as part of a bundle of assets that one might tout to a prospective client, ( }! F2 _7 Q* o# Y
customer, or especially employer. Presumably, the extent and value of these skills can   H8 c' p% D% O' W$ S7 n
be gauged by one's previous experience with clients and customers or at jobs requiring
4 q% y( M5 O6 k1 S4 K& d- ha significant amount of teamwork and cooperation among workers—as measured by   u/ @: Y& _0 _% @; f2 }
factors such as one's tenure in such a job and letters of reference from supervisors.   A# N+ [: ]. X' [4 C
While this claim seems plausable in the abstract, it ignores critical valuation problems. 3 X( a  Q" U' `, B. b7 z; m5 y
Furthermore, the claim that the ability to deal with people exceeds the value of all other + {" O+ z- `7 `! I# W+ T  t+ g, K& e
commodities is an overgeneralization, since relative values depend on particular 2 L0 J2 Z+ S; w8 c- z
circumstances.1 |% L" _+ \  ^: D1 R2 B( f
      The first problem with this claim is that it is far more difficult to quantify the
+ f6 t1 Z( i( X3 \# J4 ]1 ?+ Y7 ^value of interpersonal skills, or other human qualities, than the value of commodities
$ g8 x3 I' a/ U/ K: J% Osuch as coffee or sugar, which can be measured, weighed, or otherwise examined prior
: P5 Y& {4 _" ~! S  z* G2 Jto purchase. To a large extent, the ability to work with people is a quality whose true 8 b  i; p; Z* `: ^  h
value can be determined only after it is purchased, then tried and tested for a period of
1 E; E. X. S  E3 C# a5 g8 P7 B8 qtime. Additionally, its value may vary depending on the idiosyncrasies of the job. For
) y& D. u  X" }+ e4 w# @example, a technically-oriented programmer or researcher might function well with a
( c" y* H( U6 w1 i! bteam of like-minded workers, yet have trouble dealing with management or marketing
& V/ f% g# G8 j+ X: I! apersonnel.
2 ~; H2 n) j1 I+ Y; ^, P) [2 F      The second problem with this claim is that it overgeneralizes in asserting that the 2 r% s& n/ f6 _" V# V
ability to work with people is "worth more than any other commodity." The relative % ^/ [" @) d$ U
value of this ability depends on the peculiarities of the job. In some jobs, especially 1 Y, F7 Y; I+ s' }" E/ X
sales, ambition and tenacity are more valuable. In other areas, such as research and
" a- ]6 J7 k' |7 Xdevelopment, technical skills and specific knowledge are paramount. Moreover, in some
$ T7 i* ~1 ?2 ^" zbusinesses, such as mining or oil-drilling, the value of raw materials and capital   F% E8 ?+ H$ |4 @: s8 w6 Y& F
equipment might be far more important a commodity than the social skills, or most   x' W  s9 ]4 X% X6 f" @5 I) ~
other skills, of employees—depending on the economic circumstances.( ?& m# q; k+ `$ Y' h* l3 B
      In sum, the ability to deal with people is purchasable only to a limited extent,
' Z- h1 C6 X3 q) k4 k( ^since its full value cannot be determined prior to purchase. Moreover, its full value
3 m* W8 `% s3 v9 H& X* f- p1 E+ X9 Tdepends on the organizational unit as well as the nature of the business.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 16:06 , Processed in 0.256206 second(s), 21 queries .