立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 171|回复: 0

[考试辅导] GMAT考试写作指导:Issue写作范文七四

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 21:50:16 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
74.        I strongly agree that rule-breakers are the most memorable people. By departing . y( d' e$ w! K8 p! r& V; {% m  }
from the status quo, iconoclasts call attention to themselves, some providing
4 f( n- v! A7 d% gconspicuous mirrors for society, others serving as our primary catalysts for progress.. d- W: ^: D# t0 J
      In politics, for example, rule-breakers Mahatma Ghandi and Martin Luther King 4 i3 G, Y  {3 o& O8 p
secured prominent places in history by challenging the status quo through civil 4 s& }4 K8 f% ~: K+ J% |& h" R4 A
disobedience. Renegades such as Ghengus Khan, Stalin, and Hussein, broke all the ! G3 J# Y% h& z" Z: a" F
human-rights "rules," thereby leaving indelible marks in the historical record. And + J0 p* C% e, d" M. O3 |% @
future generations will probably remember Nixon and Kennedy more clearly than
0 I6 M- s/ {5 X# x+ U$ O/ ACarter or Reagan, by way of their rule-breaking activities—specifically, Nixon's
% f- i# w2 i" o3 N( C3 mWatergate debacle and Kennedy's extra-marital trysts.
2 [1 m- Z  W' C: F) `      In the arts, mavericks such as Dali, Picasso, and Warhol, who break established
; W+ D4 z8 [6 b6 }; crules of composition, ultimately emerge as the greatest artists, while the names of artists 8 e/ n2 f+ S( X
with superior technical skills are relegated to the footnotes of art-history textbooks. Our ' s3 d; L5 Q. v7 q5 Y3 R
most influential popular musicians are the flagrant rule breakers—for example, be-bop
9 l% T  h) I! s, J/ d& u: R1 Vmusicians such as Charlie Parker and Thelonius Monk, who broke all the harmonic 9 h' P' S- B5 N2 g6 x
rules, and folk musician-poet Bob Dylan, who broke the rules for lyrics.
' k( k" @4 f2 P- u      In the sciences, innovation and progress can only result from challenging
- o, s8 A* l6 J- G% xconventional theories—i.e., by breaking rules. Newton and Einstein, for example, both 2 q3 y: \; n9 t0 L/ s3 v- O
refused to blindly accept what were perceived at their time as certain "rules" of physics. $ p  `: B1 _, w( U% Y
As a result, both men redefined those rules, and both men emerged as two of the most
1 v* v, Y9 _: ^% }memorable figures in the field of physics.2 A3 K( ^) [4 Y9 j3 ^7 F
      In conclusion, it appears that the deepest positive and negative impressions appear
! h7 C4 i, f- N3 F0 ?: Oon either side of the same iconoclastic coin. Those who leave the most memorable 1 P' D1 [0 _) T  N) f7 q% O
imprints in history do so by challenging norms, traditions, cherished values, and the
/ u1 p; B# f0 M/ {/ ?general status quo—that is, by breaking the rules.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 15:49 , Processed in 0.342071 second(s), 21 queries .