立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 139|回复: 0

[考试辅导] GMAT考试写作指导:Issue写作范文七六

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 21:50:16 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
76.        I agree that decisiveness is one clear mark of an effective leader. However, the
; z/ A( d0 \/ O  vspeaker goes further to make the dual claim that decision-making is the most difficult   |" ], ^- ]1 H4 a
and the most important aspect of a leader's job. In my view, this additional claim
% D, ]  a" ?: M; _1 d8 S; j: e! Qamounts to an overstatement that fails to consider other aspects of a leader's job that are 2 w. s4 t& a: t6 S8 X$ [$ w  Z& \( `4 i
either difficult or important.
" K* E, b2 d: a) t1 `8 G      First of all, decisiveness is not necessarily the most difficult aspect of a leader's 6 ]& X. s) Q; M0 w1 M& ?
job. In fact, leaders rise to their positions typically because decisiveness comes easily or
. G) p! Y0 j! I- T) jnaturally to them. In this sense, the speaker's claim runs contrary to actual experience. # ~( X5 u; u* I
Also, for some leaders the stress and the burden of their job pose more difficulties for + f% s. f0 u$ Y, k/ E
them than the mere act of making decisions. For other leaders, balancing professional
4 ?( r0 e8 z4 k4 Q. C6 n4 J2 I! |% _4 Xand personal life, or even time management in general, may be the most challenging
( J# g$ N3 `/ J+ v* u0 saspect of the job, since leaders are typically very busy people.
' V2 O3 @4 I0 b) X1 Q5 _, g% i      Secondly, decisiveness is not necessarily the key factor in determining the quality
) P* U( m. o: R0 oof leadership. Decisiveness does not guarantee a good decision. An effective leader - x8 J1 t! w5 h7 M4 X
must also have wisdom, perspective, clear vision, judgment, and courage. Moreover,
6 k2 y: p" {# b; B7 Aother factors such as trust and respect for others may be equally or more critical, since
2 O/ \, m( c! Nsubordinates may not be willing to devote themselves to the plans and goals of a leader : z& I( W1 O: ]( s: _: P
they mistrust or hold in low regard. Even the best decision will be of little value without 8 j+ g  G, j  E" g7 t& V" Z
the commitment of others to carry it out. Simply put, without someone to lead. a person / h/ \, Z6 @# G7 O& i" d& p- e8 q
cannot be a leader.) t$ A, ~+ q  Q/ M: u
      To sum up, I agree with the speaker only insofar as the ability to make decisions is " z% |' N1 o! T5 l" l! j% K5 P
a necessary ingredient of successful leadership. However, decision-making is not
) A2 f5 H1 I  Ynecessarily the most difficult aspect of every leader's job; nor is it necessarily the most
2 M7 R; J+ U* r9 |& [important factor in determining the effectiveness of a leader.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 16:38 , Processed in 0.140916 second(s), 21 queries .