立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 125|回复: 0

[考试辅导] GMAT考试写作指导:Argument范文八四

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 21:50:16 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
6.  In this argument corporations are urged to consider the city of Helios when ' Y6 ~2 }# [3 f( R8 s
seeking a new location or new business opportunities. To support this recommendation,
% ?6 ^4 n, T% x7 Cthe author points out that Helios is the industrial center of the region, providing most of
% j6 ^+ I# X5 X/ jthe region's manufacturing jobs and enjoying a lower-than-average unemployment rate. # ~2 G" {* U. r) L
Moreover, it is argued, efforts are currently underway to expand the economic base o'
3 V, p4 [! k/ Q2 d% `+ qthe city by attracting companies that focus on research and development of innovative $ V( g7 @+ o5 ~7 T. X& @
technologies. This argument is problematic for two reasons.
" X5 }1 K9 a) Y) v& _1 u& r      To begin with, it is questionable whether the available labor pool in Helios could 6 B- m& N- T$ w. J
support all types of corporations. Given that Helios has attracted mainly industrial and
( [7 v7 T& [: ^, R4 J5 A+ C) }8 tmanufacturing companies in the past, it is unlikely that the local pool of prospective ! S: H* |, p' ]  P  l  j: x
employees would be suitable for corporations of other types. For example, the needs of
! R' @& `6 M# n6 \* n" e! Q5 presearch and development companies would not be met by a labor force trained in
# A) m1 Y, Y# ~: q/ C. |9 K3 Z# Mmanufacturing skills. For this reason, it's unlikely that Helios will be successful in its
. M+ K& C! q9 r# C7 uattempt to attract companies that focus or research and development of innovative ; i& w5 U! }0 I+ r, w
technologies.& |$ ~+ R5 l" u2 E$ ^
      Another problem with the available work force is its size. Due to the lower than 0 J* j5 I* V8 S
average unemployment rate in Helios, corporations that require large numbers of
% z5 }5 z  T; x2 @+ }workers would not find Helios attractive. The fact that few persons are out of work , `) V4 c) V0 f% I. v7 U
suggests that new corporations will have to either attract new workers to Helios or Day
$ j, H+ t* U8 D! U9 ]3 Bthe existing workers higher wages in order to lure them away from their current jobs. ; b) p  W6 N. v6 C3 w) [
Neither of these alternatives seems enticing to companies seeking to relocate.
5 [# y1 c& b( E# V7 d0 I3 {; c      In conclusion, the author has not succeeded in providing compelling reasons for " }  v) ]. p& N" Q. s
selecting Helios as the site for a company wishing to relocate. In fact, the reasons + B  a- R* S* G: o
offered function better as reasons for not relocating to Helios. Nor has the author
$ o5 E& S& C6 S3 L' m; _( G: Mprovided compelling reasons for companies seeking new business opportunities to # B$ d" Q. L* g7 E$ Q- _
choose Helios.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 12:13 , Processed in 0.503768 second(s), 21 queries .