立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 103|回复: 0

[考试辅导] GMAT考试写作指导:Argument范文八三

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 21:50:16 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
7.  In this argument the author concludes that people trying to lose weight are better
" W/ y3 ~& m" ^2 eoff consuming sugar than the artificial sweetener aspartame. To support this conclusion 3 k7 z+ R9 Z( d  H2 M" S: w3 z
the author argues that aspartame can cause weight gain by triggering food cravings,
( K; j) r) j0 e. Awhereas sugar actually enhances the body's ability to bum fat. Neither of these reasons / r3 d' f! [2 D  r
provides sufficient support for the conclusion.' l& s( ^4 G- O, J& |
      The first reason that aspartame encourages food cravings is supported by research
, l' |& v" _  r$ t# k. f2 p) T' lfindings that high level s of aspartame deplete the brain chemical responsible for 3 d0 t* K1 O7 F
registering a sense of being sated, or full. But the author's generalization based on this
% J! I" G0 T* H* }$ J) gresearch is unreliable. The research was based on a sample in which large amounts of ) o) G+ Z+ T: z9 |2 [" I; w
aspartame were istered; however, the author applies the research findings to s
; l% f; Z. g" R2 `( ?2 htarget population that includes all aspartame users, many of whom would probably not , y/ J  Z* [  q; G
consume high levels of the artificial sweetener.
) ]4 q, B; K; p$ @( @      The second reason that sugar enhances the body's ability to bum fat is based on
1 Q! t& V, C  T. }( X# othe studies in which experimental groups, whose members consumed sugar after at least
0 |, d7 q# ~3 f45 minutes of continuous exercise, showed increased rates of fat burning. The author's
2 t4 }% w8 u- ?3 l3 Kgeneral claim, however, applies to all dieters who use sugar instead of aspartame, not
+ w8 E% N! y7 f) b" M8 u- y  wjust to those who use sugar after long periods of exercise. Once again, the author's
2 q& i! l& L) |/ V2 X$ a& ], E: ]generalization is unreliable because it is based on a sample that clearly does not
1 t: L8 o  M* x2 Z8 a& lrepresent all dieters.
' C* z; Z' t  S' G: O      To conclude, each of the studies cited by the author bases its findings on evidence $ C6 [+ C/ j- V; Z) r
that does not represent dieters in general; for this reason, neither premise of this ( p5 k4 v% m1 _4 o4 ^; t, W! x1 X
argument is a reliable generalization. Consequently, I am not convinced that dieters are
3 l  t' Z, S9 Q4 ^) cbetter off consuming sugar instead of aspartame.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 18:04 , Processed in 0.243142 second(s), 21 queries .