立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 143|回复: 0

[考试辅导] GMAT考试写作指导:Issue写作范文八二

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 21:50:16 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
82.        The issue here is whether business and government are doing enough to help meet 7 |6 w  F( p1 X# m
the needs and goals of women in the workplace. I agree with the speaker insofar as 4 }& x) f( L* T
many employers can do more to accommodate the special needs of women in their role
" t" l; X8 g2 W6 t7 W; Y1 |as mothers. However, it seems to me that business and government are doing their fair * D9 B) n# ~* D* d
share otherwise for women in the workplace.0 w# Z- z" }( v
      Women differ fundamentally from men in their child-bearing ability. Related to
2 ~/ B3 K; s( t  e3 E& Lthis ability is the maternal instinct—a desire to nurture that is far stronger for women
; X2 w7 B: y$ n8 E, |than for men, generally speaking. At a minimum, then, businesses should acknowledge 2 O/ S  }& |& x  S: R4 o
these fundamental differences and accommodate them so that a female employee's job : u4 F& p$ d' H/ w
and career are not jeopardized merely for fulfilling her instinctive role as a female. : L0 X3 a% F  z3 a) P- u, N
More and more businesses are providing maternal leave with full benefits, day-care
7 `7 |- |3 o( h5 O" G! ]facilities, and job-sharing programs to accommodate these special needs of women. In
; X. [6 V6 L6 C6 w% Y0 Hmy observation, however, many businesses can do more in these respects.$ J- ?; c% ?- L, j
      However, beyond accommodating these fundamental differences, neither business   N$ v& @. i; ^' H9 ?
nor government has a special duty to improve the status of women at the workplace.
) C9 U7 ?+ Z$ K+ u5 ]4 r  ]The government already has an obligation to enact and enforce anti-discrimination laws,
$ t. ?6 J3 m: p+ l4 `: Uand to provide legal means for seeking redress in cases of discrimination. Moreover, ( t  E% \" h" A2 `  @) L( a
business and government both have a legal duty to abide by those laws by way of their ! [1 H- g3 p1 y
hiring, salary, and job-promotion policies. Discharging this duty should, in my view,
( q/ L! z5 K0 t% Esuffice to serve the special interests of women in the workplace. While many would
: S( R( N) R  p& {+ ?8 m+ U4 Eargue that de facto double standards still run rampant and largely unchecked, this claim 5 h: T* C) {% q: \9 g- _
raises subjective perceptions about fairness that can neither be confirmed nor dispelled + \% e4 U7 w9 q, u' S' {
with certainty.
" G$ J+ g; l2 g, s8 w& e: Y6 Z      In sum, business and government can always do more to accommodate women in
& d) v5 w/ S0 X8 Vtheir special role as mothers. Otherwise, insofar as they are adhering to our current anti-0 l; X: K$ r) v8 p
discrimination laws, business and government are discharging their duty to help meet
+ i% G) o, x- L5 l% xthe needs and goals of women at the workplace.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 21:21 , Processed in 0.210276 second(s), 21 queries .