立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 148|回复: 0

[考试辅导] GMAT考试写作指导:Issue写作范文八三

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 21:50:16 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
83.        I believe this statement should be interpreted broadly—to mean that we are * z$ V: a7 q. U$ w5 L
influenced by the exterior shape of buildings, as well as by the arrangement of multiple
. C& b. T! h. X9 ]- lbuildings and by a building's various architectural and aesthetic elements. While I doubt ' t4 a7 A8 u% U2 Q: j1 [# `
that buildings determine our character or basic personality traits, I agree that they can
; ]" V! Y" o4 u  m0 k$ C' Bgreatly influence our attitudes, moods, and even life styles.
* H; r, }& Y, {  N4 b0 Q      On the structural and multi-structural scales, the arrangement of numerous ; ]& j2 \, `, m! [2 f6 V
buildings can shape us in profound ways. High-density commercial districts with 0 y9 d0 }& w+ x* W, b
numerous skyscrapers might result in stressful commuting, short tempers, a feeling of ! V$ P  c5 b- Y& [; S* F! h
dehumanization, and so on. A "campus" arrangement of smaller, scattered buildings can
! K, X  |# A+ l' B- Wpromote health, well-being, and stress reduction by requiring frequent brisk outdoor
- J/ h4 J! W# Ujaunts. Buildings with multiple floors can also "shape" us, literally, by requiring $ n2 p* \$ o" f/ y) S1 H$ B
exercise up and down stairs.
/ J. r# u6 L  s      As for floor plans and internal space, physical arrangement of workspaces can 1 u/ z0 Z" R& h) p- k
shape workers' attitudes toward work and toward one another. Sitting in small, gray + D; [1 P. a" a. v5 l
cubicles lined up in militaristic rows is demoralizing, leaving workers with the feeling
" T( [' |8 n3 m: l7 v% M0 w4 Ithat they are little more than impersonal cogs of some office machine. But creative
1 g0 M9 `0 Q6 o+ g6 s" l, a2 t* sdesign of workspaces in varied arrangements can create feelings of uniqueness and
: M  A" x# K; t+ S" qimportance in each employee. Workspace relationships that suggest some sort of
% H3 }2 \6 f3 X# r9 ~$ C1 shierarchy may breed competitiveness among coworkers, and may encourage a more . G/ X, G6 }; v. o7 Q( h% ^" G2 ?) q
bureaucratic approach to work.
5 @0 E  w1 \6 S$ H  T: v1 ^      Finally, as for aesthetic elements, the amount of light and location of windows in a . |* k* A9 R( T
building can shape us in significant psychological ways. For most people, daily tasks % }  s, {" z, |+ w9 U( e1 n7 T
are more enjoyable in settings with plenty of natural light and at least some natural
) B0 D' T6 {% C5 i: G/ r' Z7 Jscenery. Choice of colors can influence our mood, concentration, and efficiency.
) ?: x0 V1 z& y5 y# I8 {/ ENumerous psychological studies show that different colors influence behavior, attitudes,
$ n1 r2 {/ d6 \2 v! Cand emotions in distinctly different ways. Yellow enhances appetite, blue has a $ k$ |: h- U) d+ L6 L. J
tranquilizing effect, and gray is the color of choice for companies who want their
% b+ @! t; q5 M7 s1 ]: Aworkers to be subservient.+ `- U; L+ w) o* o- E* i
      In sum, our buildings, the space around them and the space within them, can 9 F% O9 @7 S! M, m9 R
affect us in important ways that influence our outlook on life, relationships with + }' O  I* z4 ^2 a7 K0 p$ o
coworkers, and even physical health and well-being.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 22:41 , Processed in 0.371160 second(s), 21 queries .