立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 100|回复: 0

[考试辅导] GMAT考试写作指导:Argument范文六二

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 21:50:16 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
28.        The author concludes that the local transit company must either reduce tares for ' h: v( w" t& ]6 Z; y3 j" {
the shuttle buses that transport people to then- subway stations or increase parking fees
/ E9 M, Q9 n5 R. X3 Jat the stations. The reasons offered to support this conclusion are that commuter use of
, |$ e# V8 x7 I3 O, }the subway train is exceeding the transit company's expectations, while commuter use
9 C8 }0 B9 Q% `; v  p- mof the shuffle buses is below projected volume. This argument is unconvincing because
8 I! O; T9 d4 {' bthe author oversimplifies the problem and its solutions in a number of ways.. D+ o1 r1 Z: U9 E
      To begin with, by concluding that the transit company must either reduce shuttle
$ _& x, v, j+ Ffares or increase parking fees, the author assumes that these are the only available ; g- y/ f" m5 v
solutions to the problem of limited shuttle use. However, it is possible that other  2 }9 _8 V, J1 h3 C( O* d! [( D
factors-such as inconvenient shuttle routing and/or scheduling, safety concerns, or an
& k1 S5 @1 d0 ?  E0 v; {0 Fincrease in carpools—contribute to the problem. If so, adjusting fares or parking fees
& }$ U% J3 j: Jwould might not solve the problem.. c1 [( x$ t8 G/ H
      In addition, the author assumes that reducing shuttle fees and increasing parking ( w6 p. A- J7 z8 U' q) B" u2 S/ i
fees are mutually exclusive alternatives. However, the author provides no reason for
1 J$ v; E4 m7 `! aimposing an either/or choice. Adjusting both shuttle fares and parking fees might
' ?  A; p5 m# n, Q2 kproduce better results. Moreover, if the author is wrong in the assumption that parking . R* z, g9 V/ {" r1 R8 G
fees and shuttle fees are the only possible causes of the problem, then the most effective / ]' I  [! l; `. A# Z( x; D$ s7 \
solution might include a complex of policy changes—for example, in shuttle fares,
7 g, T& o, l( b! v8 h2 n/ oparking fees, rerouting, and rescheduling.7 C" I- R. F# D* o
      In conclusion, this argument is weak because the author oversimplifies both the
. T. V/ C; r4 o; T! z* i- A$ xproblem and its possible solutions. To strengthen the argument the author must examine 3 ]5 z% s6 i; m5 B5 B, ^
all factors that might account for the shuttle's unpopularity. Additionally, the author ! E8 M( u: d4 l! t
should consider all possible solutions to determine which combination would bring
: @' \" T1 p- U9 v1 ?about the greatest increase in shuttle use.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 14:26 , Processed in 0.294839 second(s), 21 queries .