立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 91|回复: 0

[考试辅导] GMAT考试写作指导:Argument范文四二

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 21:50:16 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
28.        The author concludes that the local transit company must either reduce tares for 1 b/ _4 z7 R! i/ V# ?/ \: n4 Y" r) i
the shuttle buses that transport people to then- subway stations or increase parking fees
3 d& h6 ]" V9 }  lat the stations. The reasons offered to support this conclusion are that commuter use of % U5 V; l/ F( ~! @
the subway train is exceeding the transit company's expectations, while commuter use
. E# @1 ^3 X* ~9 x7 [' c3 x2 D6 Gof the shuffle buses is below projected volume. This argument is unconvincing because " k2 ]4 Y7 Q7 p2 \# T
the author oversimplifies the problem and its solutions in a number of ways.
+ B$ J3 W& p/ t1 U8 s: K, F      To begin with, by concluding that the transit company must either reduce shuttle ( i0 C: I, R, P3 p2 }6 l
fares or increase parking fees, the author assumes that these are the only available / W/ g: h* C; K0 j9 f
solutions to the problem of limited shuttle use. However, it is possible that other  : n% e8 ?/ A' \7 C8 ~
factors-such as inconvenient shuttle routing and/or scheduling, safety concerns, or an
' M4 P) u" E, r* e9 wincrease in carpools—contribute to the problem. If so, adjusting fares or parking fees . {1 I, ~: S  O" @7 b- p
would might not solve the problem.8 h1 G) L5 c2 H9 x4 V2 B/ ?  r
      In addition, the author assumes that reducing shuttle fees and increasing parking 9 H! p0 `3 N" ~, L
fees are mutually exclusive alternatives. However, the author provides no reason for
+ C7 ]- k: w1 ^! X% X0 p" Cimposing an either/or choice. Adjusting both shuttle fares and parking fees might ! y3 y3 A/ s/ Z: ^4 T/ v' L  x
produce better results. Moreover, if the author is wrong in the assumption that parking
' Z& `, R/ i3 w; }/ Jfees and shuttle fees are the only possible causes of the problem, then the most effective
9 o, e) P* B5 S1 esolution might include a complex of policy changes—for example, in shuttle fares, & J/ ~& N6 N4 j2 {7 [. ?: p; S2 b
parking fees, rerouting, and rescheduling.
+ b( `! _7 y  v( i0 G# r; b* b. O7 I1 I      In conclusion, this argument is weak because the author oversimplifies both the # i) n" i7 ^* k
problem and its possible solutions. To strengthen the argument the author must examine
1 E6 {' @* ?( x: k$ }5 S5 \: \all factors that might account for the shuttle's unpopularity. Additionally, the author 3 U( C* T8 @0 M! X% z7 r4 D
should consider all possible solutions to determine which combination would bring 0 I" J6 s7 U% j9 l; {
about the greatest increase in shuttle use.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 15:11 , Processed in 0.159893 second(s), 21 queries .