立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 153|回复: 0

[考试辅导] GMAT考试写作指导:Argument范文二六

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 21:50:16 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
86.        In this argument the author reasons that the failure of Company B portends a 9 i0 f. n4 k2 D
similar fate for Company A. The grounds for this prediction are similarities that exist
7 a) x; M  W& U% J3 I  U+ q5 J+ Kbetween the two companies. The line of reasoning is that since both companies produce
. K4 E4 ?1 z8 {+ t$ v" lvideo-game hardware and software and both enjoy a large share of the market for these
5 B, O5 L+ @  ^( Rproducts, the failure of one is a reliable predictor of the failure of the other. This + ?9 \$ n, e- o! {7 G6 _
argument is unconvincing.) b  K2 U( d$ n$ |) v% S0 @1 F
      The major problem with the argument is that the stated similarities between 3 \6 m9 ?2 W( N
Company A and B are insufficient to support the conclusion that Company A will suffer % T# ]2 }+ v; J0 z; J
a fats similar to Company B's. In fact, the similarities stated are irrelevant to that
' U- }( }  S, x( S& k9 {conclusion. Company B did not fail because of its market share or because of the $ g9 e5 v- M" d1 D. F2 J# S9 p
general type of product it produced; it failed because children became bored with its
# m; q1 {" \9 m5 T$ kparticular line of products. Consequently, the mere fact that Company A holds a large
* [/ b' k6 X+ |4 Q+ {$ i7 mshare of the video-game hardware and software market does not support the claim that   n8 G  I5 K/ e& ?6 P1 G/ `
Company A will also fail.
, M) t8 J4 L+ U$ }      An additional problem with the argument is that there might be relevant
* v7 K8 g+ j6 [( F; C* Xdifferences between Company A and Company B, which further undermine the
, [6 r' h- d; G) Y8 Dconclusion. For example, Company A's line of products may differ from Company B's ' e$ N0 l, x4 u) j9 O, D
in that children do not become bored with them. Another possible difference is that
! [8 g) J( }* q& S9 N- Q( vCompany B's share of the market may have been entirely domestic whereas Company ( T' y* w) J( K" Z0 Y
A has a large share of the international market.
( F0 d) n7 b) a$ [: ^- ^      In conclusion this is a weak argument. To strengthen the conclusion the author $ g  ?7 I$ @. i% L
would have to show that there are sufficient relevant similarities between Company A
/ Q. _+ o3 B7 U  ]- {" n" rand Company B as well as no relevant differences between them.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 16:13 , Processed in 0.372539 second(s), 21 queries .