立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 115|回复: 0

[考试辅导] GMAT考试写作指导:Argument范文三八

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 21:50:16 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
32.        In this argument the author concludes that West Cambria can increase revenues
9 b7 P. z' v( {0 g" vand provide better care to accident victims by disbanding the volunteer ambulance
( m# ?: P+ f: O$ d$ G, O% kservice and hiring a commercial one. The author reasons that this change would yield ) g* n$ E, c8 V  x# _1 L" d
additional revenues because service fees could be imposed for ambulance use. The % S4 [$ m0 V; T
author also reasons that the city would provide better service to accident victims
4 v. \9 f! h& q" f' l9 `" m" h8 fbecause a commercial service would respond more quickly to accidents than a volunteer
3 S9 d& a5 H% @: uservice would. The author's argument is flawed in two respects.4 d$ C6 S* j/ I' H1 I% f
      To begin with, the author's plan for raising revenue for West Cambria is 7 F7 Q: i1 L, S/ c. t, q7 o" |
questionable. Unless the service fees are considerable or the accident rate is extremely ! s8 Z) `2 ?3 |# \- W! U  B& v
high, it is unlikely that significant revenues will be raised by charging a fee for  ) k. M6 b6 U, _, S! P  I# s
ambulance use. Consequently, revenue generation is not a good reason to disband the ) Z. j/ b2 A1 ^  n9 t% P; ~
volunteer service and hire a commercial service.- Q0 J' ?. F2 }/ s" \5 J' y8 H
      Next, the author's belief that better patient care would be provided by a
0 R9 |+ O* A+ W4 Q  D) Z* g8 Qcommercial ambulance service than by a volunteer service is based on insufficient ( h% v2 X, `7 d5 \$ E# x# B
evidence. The fact that the commercial service in East Cambria has a lower average 8 {1 T! h1 ~3 y9 b# l
response time than the volunteer service in West Cambria is insufficient evidence for the & Y6 a2 L8 e% r5 i! r
claim that this will be the case for all commercial services. Moreover, the author's
3 \$ j' Q9 d: Vrecommendation depends upon the assumption that response time to an accident is the
! }6 t8 a. m- V" a0 Vonly factor that influences patient care. Other pertinent factors—such as ambulance-
% x4 [% |, k  y2 u. ]8 G  }crew proficiency and training, and emergency equipment—are not considered.
% y3 ]! q. w/ O. i( T      In conclusion, this argument is unconvincing. To strengthen the argument the 2 B: d9 w) g2 J6 v% H/ h
author would have to show that substantial revenue for the town could be raised by $ t+ M0 ?9 X$ L! e1 J9 W9 U& V; n
charging service fees for ambulance use. Additionally, the author would have to provide
& C, K; ^" y+ a+ |* ?# K8 ^more evidence to support the claim that commercial ambulance services provide better 1 J8 E1 K0 j/ f$ d3 U$ \
patient care than volunteer services.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 10:57 , Processed in 0.198205 second(s), 21 queries .