立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 120|回复: 0

[考试辅导] GMAT考试写作指导:Argument范文六

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 21:50:16 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
64.        The Director of Human Resources concludes that most employees at Company X : h5 S, C0 n" _8 x& J+ Y1 ]
feel that the improvement most needed at the company has been satisfactorily addressed. * J9 A. O: n0 [9 B! M2 i8 F3 E
Two reasons are offered in support of this conclusion. First, a survey of employees 3 H" e, X4 y3 q; Y9 U
showed that the issue respondents were most concerned about was employee-
! K$ n4 c' o! z  Fmanagement communication. Second, the company has since instituted regular 7 P) X. A5 A3 @( u0 K4 \% J
voluntary sessions for employees and management designed to improve communication.
4 [0 P. K; t+ `/ p# A+ zThe director's argument is questionable for two reasons.: H; h. M0 {# y  t5 a
      To begin with, the validity of the survey is doubtful. Lacking information about
* D& w; X+ I7 H, _6 |. kthe number of employees surveyed and the number of respondents, it is impossible to
: T0 c" d' M6 g+ I! f! X& _assess the validity of the results. For example, if 200 employees were surveyed but only
- g( t, Z6 i3 `) J! f4 g9 }two responded, the conclusion that most of the employees ranked employee-
) N/ `$ e+ R- s7 X7 E+ {management communication as the most pressing issue would be highly suspect.
; i+ q+ _8 g( ^* E. yBecause the argument offers no evidence that would rule out interpretations such as this,
* M( D. q, [" Q/ W# _  U$ dthe survey results are insufficient to support the author's conclusion.
! n+ {; s: i2 {% f$ K        Furthermore, even if the survey accurately ranks certain issues according to level
' y# x$ F6 A$ T$ e: Wof employee concern, the highest-ranked issue in the survey might not be the issue
1 }4 [& i, t8 P, b* h0 m) A6 T% g% Rabout which employees are most concerned. Why? The improvement most needed from
) a  a0 ]3 o5 L" m: Pthe point of view of the employees might not have appeared as one of the choices on the
, ^9 `1 {/ |* Esurvey. For example, if the list of improvements presented on the survey was created by
9 S. D* L) `2 H/ v$ ~management rather than by the employees, then the issues of greatest concern to the 2 R: W( X1 Y7 f$ s
employees might not be included on the list. Lacking information about how the survey
. P4 l5 ~/ D. E6 T/ q" o; e5 |was prepared, it is impossible to assess its reliability. Consequently, any conclusion
2 K5 K! C3 V) l9 y, C( f) {based on it is highly questionable.3 Z: C. e+ }" q8 n6 C# ?' B  m3 [# r
      In conclusion, the director's conclusion is not well-founded. To strengthen the - N6 x- O! h; ^( c4 [
argument, additional information regarding the way in which the employee survey was 2 |2 ]; ^. {( j1 S
prepared and conducted is required.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 14:42 , Processed in 0.251206 second(s), 21 queries .