立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 91|回复: 0

[考试辅导] GMAT考试写作指导:Argument范文十六

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 21:50:16 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
76.        In this argument the author reasons that a sequel to a popular movie will be
' o+ A* ^# Q% }  j0 d  iprofitable because the original movie was profitable and because books based on the
+ u  t8 n4 F$ \3 j4 ^3 K) ocharacters of the movie are consistently bestsellers. This argument is unconvincing for $ S5 X& F; }. M8 ^& N8 C
several reasons.
- N9 [: J7 }4 L3 H. E# {      In the first place, a great deal of empirical evidence shows that sequels are often 9 J0 D* o+ X% `" r& W. ^' k& Z+ s/ v' H
not as profitable as the original movie. For example, none of the "Superman" movie . T$ N. ~, _- T5 f
sequels even approached the success of the original movie. Accordingly, the mere fact . T/ s) t+ h" T$ M5 V3 l7 L
that the first movie was successful does not guarantee that movies based upon it will 3 f+ g, O% z% R8 W1 L
also be profitable.) r! i- p5 A' K' C2 I9 E# N! c! i5 @
      In the second place, a movie's financial success is a function of many elements in
; A5 ^4 d! n  j, K  {3 m7 p6 v' vaddition to well-liked characters. Admittedly, the fact that the books based on the
& g7 Q4 _# G; |  }) W9 |characters of the original film are bestsellers bodes well for the movie's commercial - Z% o& d% v2 b% ]+ I+ g+ D* V( K9 `
prospects. However, unless the original cast and production team are involved in % G* V4 F- ~1 c' h; H2 k) ^- q; o0 S
making the sequel, there is a good chance it will not be financially successful.2 q  `( W) m# `, Y3 y1 q+ }' P2 R
      Finally, another important element in creating a successful movie is the script. The
% l) j& z, X' F. f4 Btransformation of a popular book into a popular movie script is a difficult process. 8 r. p, o' t6 Z5 T& c% e
Examples of best-selling books that were not made into successful movies are & L6 x* E. k; K  U7 `
commonplace. Obviously, the success of the sequel that Vista is planning will depend in
! J1 s. a% F! a7 A, E+ Ygreat part on the screenwriter's ability to capture the elements of the story that make the
% g# a$ i& b$ F" T1 Ebooks popular. Since the difficulties inherent in this process make it hard to predict
' j( z% d9 D# V3 X: U4 ywhether the result will be a success or a failure, the conclusion that the sequel will be
/ z% z! v7 G& |, R4 }' N6 `profitable is presumptuous.
% q3 p0 a6 X: H/ F      In conclusion this is an unconvincing argument. To strengthen the argument, it : a0 J& X% G2 E# u: X* M9 J
would be necessary to provide assurances that the original cast and production team will
1 m: w7 K" H) ?9 ^4 X- Rbe involved in the project and that the script will capture and develop the particular
$ k6 `4 c4 @* _( [  ?8 `elements responsible for the books' popularity.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 13:02 , Processed in 0.203904 second(s), 21 queries .