立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 108|回复: 0

[考试辅导] GMAT考试写作指导:Argument范文二八

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 21:50:16 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
88.        The conclusion of this argument is that 15-year-olds should be eligible to obtain a : }$ `, C9 P. y# B2 H+ n  V6 r
driver's license. The author employs two lines of reasoning to reach this conclusion. In
' _# C8 ^1 j3 _the first the author reasons that since older drivers can retain their driving privileges by
2 u0 a7 l( _! s2 r  C: E3 hsimply renewing their licenses, 15-year-olds should be eligible to obtain a license. In the ( q: V6 v0 p* U
second, the author reasons that 15-year-olds are physically more capable than older , i. l0 Y5 B9 B/ A. D
drivers of performing the various skills associated with driving s vehicle and thus 2 e  a. G8 @; g8 i6 y1 i' Q
should be eligible to get a license. This argument is unconvincing for a couple of
  `/ W0 G8 t. G! Y/ areasons.  p7 Z1 {0 E/ ]4 }
      In the first place, the author assumes that there are no relevant differences * S0 D3 M5 g  G
between 15-year-olds and older drivers that would justify treating them differently. This ( w$ i; m+ L7 N) x) C( Y$ m5 f
assumption is dearly mistaken. The major difference between the two groups, and the " ~. T8 |) s: Y, ^7 \8 Z- a& F
major reason 15-year-olds are denied driving privileges, is their relative lack of
3 S$ i1 W0 E& O$ Y4 C( u5 ]/ }9 Cemotional maturity and social responsibility. This difference is sufficient to justify the
( S+ I" m3 n" w' U6 q9 Tpolicy of a owing older drivers to renew their driving privileges while at the same time # n7 |! T3 p; l3 l7 N' U
denying these privileges to 15-year-olds.1 X0 T3 F: S; K' h- v4 _
      In the second place, even if it is granted that fifteen year olds possess better night
% c" @& ], M2 m* v) ~vision, reflexes, hand-eye coordination, and are less disoriented in unfamiliar
6 o8 w/ W# j& U, K1 B" \& fsurroundings than older drivers, these abilities do not qualify them to obtain a driver's 2 C+ S0 r, M1 K
license. The author assumes that physical capabilities are the only attributes necessary
4 K$ T; _6 E; q- v! R, ito operate a motor vehicle. But this assumption is clearly mistaken. In addition to these & S3 S( X2 C# K4 d  N3 u
abilities, drivers must be able to exercise good judgment in all types of driving 9 R- F/ @) V  f: R
situations and conditions and must be cognizant of the consequences of their decisions
& I$ B4 f8 ~3 xand actions when driving. It is because 15-year-olds typically lack these latter abilities ' K8 H+ {& S2 U* P) i1 W
that they are denied driving privileges.! n8 F% F4 ^* D9 a
      In sum, the author's argument fails to take into consideration important : M% m6 ]( a1 B/ z/ ?( @
differences between older drivers and 15-year-olds that justify denying driving 2 h, S- ~# Y! s% ~# h$ _8 f$ g( p
privileges to the younger group while at the same time allowing older drivers to retain
/ \; H, _& l7 ^their privileges by simply renewing their license.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 16:05 , Processed in 0.252102 second(s), 21 queries .