立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 117|回复: 0

[考试辅导] GMAT考试写作指导:Argument范文二

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 21:50:16 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
60.        This editorial argues that, since career advancement for scientists typically require: ; G# I. t3 p7 _0 E! l/ h
60 to 80 hours of work per week, affordable all-day child care must be made available
1 Y5 N7 H4 s, Q$ g. o( n1 uto scientists of both genders if they are to advance in their fields. Moreover, the editorial
( \+ c9 {  J4 x3 V7 c3 A) ]urges that requirements for career advancement be made more flexible to insure that & @! ~9 X$ g) D
pre-school children can spend a significant amount of time each day with a parent. This & R& Z7 ?8 }% w6 q/ r* |
argument is problematic in two crucial respects.
( n+ n2 M6 ?* N9 u      The major problem with the view expressed in the article is that inconsistent
3 P# |+ U9 u8 ]; m2 w4 crecommendations are endorsed in the argument. On the one hand, scientists are urged to
+ x. B) x& u0 Z3 m# m( o! D0 e: L2 uput their children in all-day child-care facilities in order to advance their careers. On the
& z  k  w- F$ n& @other hand, they are encouraged to spend a significant amount of time each day with
+ H! m0 b  L" v% X9 O- Gtheir children. Obviously, scientists cannot be expected to adhere to both of these ; V3 y7 a" P0 x" f  z. n* [
recommendations.% Q, o8 q$ y7 I( o7 m& }' @
      Another problem is that the recommendations are based on the assumption that e
1 F0 O( }% g! v& j! F) ?or at least most. scientists have young or preschool-age children. But the editorial 6 K( H2 A$ m  w9 _
provides no evidence to support this assumption, nor is this assumption very likely to be / j* L2 e8 C0 d% X9 v9 ]9 {
true. Since, childless scientists or scientists whose children are old enough t: take care of
5 w; N, i8 L. I* Kthemselves will have no need for the services advocated in this article it is doubtful that
! e/ |6 `: {5 G. @4 {these recommendations will receive much widespread support.2 S5 P0 |4 U" ]  k( [
      In conclusion, this argument is unconvincing. To strengthen it, the author must " J- v  ^, |/ z: q* o
show that most scientists have preschool children and consequently are in need c the
  r  g& ^  n+ b& o1 Krecommended services. Additionally, the author must address and resolve the apparent 9 O! Z; R4 u# V* ^8 G# i
conflict between the recommendations.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 15:48 , Processed in 0.211886 second(s), 21 queries .