立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 104|回复: 0

[考试辅导] GMAT考试写作指导:Argument范文四

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 21:50:16 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
62.        In this argument the author concludes that the new community fitness center * t& ]$ E, H) d" A2 M7 A
should be equipped with the state-of-the-art exercise machines featured in Powerflex 3 R5 }8 i7 N1 V* e. y& T
magazine. In support of this recommendation two reasons are offered: (1) Powerflex
' ]" m4 s4 P" C. Xcontains pictures of bodybuilders using such machines, and (2) Powerflex is a popular - C7 I/ K8 j& H
magazine, as evidenced by the fact that it frequently sells out at the local newsstand.
: ]" Q6 Y* r4 bThis argument is questionable on two counts.5 e' f5 p, \8 u5 c; e9 w$ R
      First, a major implication of the argument is that the bodybuilders pictured using 8 T, ^0 V6 \% ]$ J; E
the machines in Powerflex magazine reached their state of fitness as a result of using
; B$ x0 l" ?8 c* ]. othese machines. The only evidence offered to support this contention, however, is the
; g( \8 X8 L# q7 P8 X$ [pictures in the magazine. It is possible that the bodybuilders pictured use different 8 ~, ]* [# {+ G; |7 l: N& b  f. Z
equipment for their workouts and are merely posing with the machines for advertising
  M- p! ?0 Y3 \. h/ ^purposes.
& \) w- e8 _" {, D# t9 f; P      Second, the author assumes that machines that are suitable for bodybuilding will 5 g: R$ {, i' |% S( Y9 ~' W
also be suitable to help maximize the fitness levels of the town's residents. This ) a  {7 w2 W  c- R4 w- A7 s
assumption is highly questionable. Machines designed to increase muscle development
0 j6 L2 v5 l- D) H$ Q2 |are significantly different from those designed to increase cardiovascular fitness.
- t3 f* ?" x8 H0 W' m4 g3 MConsequently, it is unlikely that the machines pictured in the magazine will be of much
% W7 W* I! g5 |' ?' C. ~( Yuse to help maximize the fitness levels of the town's residents.$ ]1 M' I2 K6 Z: z. \
      In conclusion, this argument is unconvincing. To strengthen the argument the
0 l0 E: d. v# X& kauthor would have to show that the bodybuilders pictured using the exercise machines
6 p! Q% U8 E" \( ]actually used the machines to reach their level of muscle development. Additionally, the
7 u) }6 w9 }, q( [2 ^. aauthor would have to show that the machines were suitable for increasing the fitness 4 A1 C7 b9 t: r9 S; ?7 r
levels of the persons using them.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 08:39 , Processed in 0.311397 second(s), 21 queries .