QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 71|回复: 0

[职称英语真题] 2005年职称英语综合类C级考试真题(6)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 23:23:33 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  第5部分:补全短文 (第46~50题,每题2分,共10分)
- B8 _1 Y3 j+ U; N+ H8 u  阅读下面的短文,文章中有5处空白,文章后面有6组文字,请根据文章的内容选择5组文字,将其分别放回文章原有位置,以恢复文章原貌。请将答案涂在答题卡相应的位置上。
$ p$ ?1 W; v9 t+ c! d/ h8 d$ l  Caribbean Islands
& w2 C- N" X, p+ t3 Y  What would you see if you took a cruise to the Caribbean Islands? Palm trees and coconuts
$ y, d4 J0 ?# v' }: q4 x7 O: [  (椰子)? white beaches and clear,blue ocean? Colorful corals(珊瑚)and even more colorful fishes and birds?! n# T* d- f! e: d
  You bet.There are thousands of islands in the Caribbean Sea.They are famous for their warm,tropical climate and great natural beauty.
0 x; ^8 [% _3 R$ Y/ y" X) d! o  The Caribbean Islands form a chain that separates the Caribbean Sea from the rest of the Atlantic Ocean.______ (46)Many of the islands were formed by the eruption(爆发)of ancient volcanoes(火山).Others are low-lying coral islands that gradually rose from the ocean.
9 T- |! T) w( w2 ]  The Caribbean Islands are known by several names.______(47)The explorer Christopher Columbus called the islands the Indies in 1492 because he thought he was near the coast of India.Later, Spain and France called the islands the Antilles.
: A3 p% R8 ^8 H! c+ o! @  There are four large islands in the Caribbean Sea._______(48)These four islands are often called the Greater Antilles.Together, they account for about 90 percent of the land area of the Caribbean Islands.
# p% W: q2 a! w2 H. p. B6 i  The rest of the Caribbean Islands are much smaller.______(49)You can see why pirates such as the famous Blackbeard sailed these waters. There are countless small islands to bury treasure or hide on.
; ?: r2 u! N! M' `6 W  The weather of the Caribbean Sea is almost always warm and sunny.Sandy beaches line the coasts of many islands.______(50)Many tourists arrive on cruise ships.
; ]9 O2 y8 n% Z' N7 i' B  A But life on the Caribbean Islands is not always paradise.
+ x, q! ?, `' [* ~+ P9 P% w  B The earliest name used by Europeans is the Indies,later changed to the West Indies.
1 L) J! D$ }; v. Y2 g  C They’re like a long necklace that stretches between North and South America.1 S( `, x' Z$ ]1 ]
  D They are Cuba,Puerto Rico,Jamaica,and Hispaniola.5 h( O! q' S" l! p& ?0 [' _: T' z6 l
  E This is why millions of tourists visit the islands each year
1 K5 Z+ h0 N  i9 \  F Some of these islands are no more than tiny slivers(小片)of exposed coral.5 u8 J- y7 l2 S. b/ ^
  第6部分:完型填空 (第51-65题,每题1分,共15分)
' a/ a  Z* {9 t3 u+ ?' d9 }% s  阅读下面的短文,文中有15处空白,每处空白给出了4个选项,请根据短文的内容从4个选项中选择1个最佳答案,涂在答题卡相应的位置上。
  J2 G& R7 I  \# o  Something Men Do Not Like to Do
+ u5 g( m6 Z, F# Y( f, q1 L  Eric Brown hates shopping. “It’s just not enjoyable to me,”said the 28-year-old Chicago man who was carrying several shopping bags along the city’s main street,Michigan Avenue.“When I’m out______(51),I basically know what 1 want to get. I rush in.I buy it.I______(52).”
3 p: C( x# N( U" M+ t' {  Common wisdom says that guys hate to shop.You can ask generations of men. But people/ y! t  {4 j% C4 M" B; D
  who study shopping say that a number of social,cultural and economic factors are now______(53) this “men-hate-to-shop” notion.
* ~/ U5 g4 w9 I. h  “______(54)social class and age,men say they hate to shop,”says Sharon Zukin,a City University of New York sociology professor.“Yet when you ask them deeper questions, it turns out that they_____(55)to shop.Men generally like to shop for______(56),music and hardware(硬件).But if you ask them about the shopping they do for books or music,they’ll say,“Well,that’s not shopping.That’s_____(57).”: V# w9 s* A0 ]
  In other words,what men and women call “buying things”and how they approach that task are______(58).! L3 t, J* G1 z, f* @
  Women will______(59)through several 1,000-square-metre stores in search of the perfect party dress.Men will wander through 100 Internet sites in search of the______(60)digital camcorder(摄像放像机).
7 [9 s2 G6 C$ C2 _; ~1 u8 M2 V# u  Women see shopping as a social event.Men see it as a mission or a______(61)to be won.
' A1 Q, P0 j# {! C3 e- A  “Men are frequently shopping to win,”says Mary Ann McGrath,a marketing professor at
1 g6 h) u8 u& G$ E3 N  Loyola University of Chicago.“They want to get the best deal.They want to get the best one,the/ z( q6 I7 O# c1 [) `9 D
  Last one and if they do that it_____(62)them happy.”. u5 ^2 `) i" G3 T8 t" L
  When women shop,“they’re doing it in a way where they want_____(63)to be very happy,”says McGrath.“They’re kind of shopping for love.”$ z4 [) S3 t9 x" V2 r, [
  In fact,it is in clothing where we see a male-female______(64)most clearly.Why, complain some men,are all male clothes navy, black or brown? But would they wear light green and pink(粉红色的)?, g& L6 ]+ X/ r: G7 Z$ A
  These days,many guys wear a sort of“uniform”,says Paco Underhill,author of“Why We8 [) y! p5 l7 g$ }( ]6 e5 [
  Buy”.“It's been hard for them to understand what it means to be fashion-conscious(时尚意识)in a business way.It becomes much,much easier______(65)you narrow your range of choices.”+ o) c4 x  ~3 e7 O* B# i
  51 A playing B fishing C shopping D going
! `; A1 h; T/ w0 U, @  52 A get out B look round C move round D move about
# N* l. G; @+ b  W  53 A defending B challenging C proving D supporting; K, u0 r- i% ^3 N
  54 A Regardless of B Because of C Owing to D Thanks to3 m* F9 a! L5 K9 t# G/ R3 I5 e
  55 A want B like C hate D hope2 m, p: i4 J; Q" @
  56 A coats B caps C socks D books
, D5 [+ c% t, Z4 S4 |  57 A Job B movement C exercise D research
& [/ q% L" L- a4 i- J  58 A similar B close C alike D different9 f) |4 \3 b8 w# g
  59 A wantler B go C fly D run/ W5 v4 H0 p+ f. t% R! v
  60 A small B big C large D perfect
$ @$ D- C6 h" u  61 A task B play C game D destination
; h% @/ ]6 A7 o& @3 H; _  62 A brings B causes C makes D keeps+ i- W: U' K0 _/ j
  63 A everybody B nobody C anybody D no one
1 K8 s6 S( k9 w  64 A explanation B intention C division D description
, s* O& d8 I: ~( D, D# z/ B& r  65 A because B although C since D if
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-27 12:00 , Processed in 0.212364 second(s), 21 queries .