QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 66|回复: 0

[职称英语真题] 2005年职称英语综合类B级考试真题(7)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 23:23:33 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  第5部分:补全短文 (第46~50题,每题2分,共10分)
- b; f$ Y( _4 M2 V0 H# H! a  阅读下面的短文,文章中有5处空白,文章后面有6组文字,请根据文章的内容选择5组文字,将其分别放回文章原有位置,以恢复文章原貌。请将答案涂在答题卡相应的位置上。
; n% t+ E- q; E6 x) t  Every Dog Has His Say
& j2 b$ W- h% \- a  q% e8 f# h- Z  Kimiko Fukuda always wondered what her dog was trying to say.Whenever she put on
& o8 N* ~" w! e4 R9 y; ~$ z/ Z  makeup,it would pull at her sleeve___(46)When the dog barks,she glances at a small
9 ?! T, ~- p* j! d2 T, R, W3 v  electronic gadget(装置).The following“human”translation appears on its screen:“Please take$ y; b9 \: W* I
  me with you”“I realized that’s how he was feeling.”says Fukuda
5 z# B( s  [; l+ g. Y* p$ U  The gadget is called Bowlingual,and it translates dog barks into feelings.People laughed3 {4 Z+ L) f3 x  t: f
  when the Japanese toymaker Takara Company made the world’s first dog-human translation- X! C6 Z: V# L$ i
  machine in 2002.But 300,000 Japanese dog owners bought it.____(47)* |' g: [# K2 K5 S! [' l$ b( c
  “Nobody else had thought about it,”said Masahiko Kajita,who works for Takara.“We2 j+ i- C& n9 Z) t
  spend so much time training dogs to understand our orders;what would it be like if we could( ^& _+ C$ @+ j  q  W) d
  understand dogs?”
1 F* `, q  P- T$ H  Bowlingual has two pars____(48) The translation is done in the gadget using a
" v  s2 j/ v2 |& Q6 |" @' [  database containing every kind of bark.
/ S% t6 F# l3 U4 U  Based 011 animal behaviour research,these noises are divided into six categories:happiness,sadness,frustration,anger,declaration and desire.___(49)In this way, the database7 A7 {% O5 S. Q  g& n, a! z
  scientifically matches a bark to an emotion,which is then translated into one of 200 phrases.
, Y4 `6 N- ?$ `$ R/ j) e! B0 Z  When a visitor went to Fukuda’s house recently,the dog barked a loud“bow wow”." ?3 k4 b" z4 ~* v% y% S2 Z6 t; Z2 @5 C
  ___(0) It was followed by“I’m stronger than you”as the dog growled and sniffed(嗅)
# a6 S* C/ d3 c% T9 q/ j  at the visitor
+ T# E" R5 J0 @+ G  The product will be available in US pet stores this summer for about US$120 It can store up5 k9 C8 x5 P8 L' y3 a/ o
  to 100 barks,even recording the dog’s emotions when the owner is away.2 k. g2 q* p: P9 ^
  A A wireless microphone is attached to the dog’s collar,which sends information to the gadget held by the owner.
" P/ j: X1 {1 e4 O, S' P  B Nobody really knows how a dog feels
* @0 G7 W' l% i& x" e  C This translated as “Don’t come this way”  O0 Y3 h& y' y% y
  D More customers are expected when the English version is launched this summer~
3 t3 ?  X$ f* U& }& N" S! _  E Now,the Japanese girl thinks she knows.
6 {# ^* H: N, w; y/ a( G5 K/ M* O  F Each one of these emotions is then linked t0 a phrase like“Let’s play”。“Look at me”,or“Spend more time with me”
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 13:06 , Processed in 0.161939 second(s), 21 queries .