只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 68|回复: 0

[职称英语真题] 2005年职称英语综合类B级考试真题(5)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 23:23:33 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  第二篇+ i$ m2 F. T" E# ^9 F
  Dancing in the Streets$ Q7 S. \! a3 F2 J8 J
  If there is one thing certain to get Brazilians on their feet,it is the Rio Carnival(狂欢节).
1 r4 s* I* q% T) I  Held in Rio de Janeiro.the country’s biggest city.the carnival began on February 20 when the mayor gave key of the city to Rei Momo—the Lord of Misrule(无序之皇)8 i5 M. V* ^) W# U) K* M$ W  R( a' G
  On his orders,each year people turn the city into a paradise of dance and music.The! U8 \. n: |( f4 |+ D
  following six days are so fun of parades,street dancing,fantastic clothes and partying(聚会)that) j) g' h% ^1 X- {. X! @
  many people forget about eating and sleeping
% h4 X* H7 ^: ]8 y* s/ ]! p  “It was the passion of the carnival that attracted me to Brazil and made me settle down in
( u! Z- x8 W0 h) E: j! R  Rio.”said Bob Nadkarni.a British man who has lived in the city for several years For many
4 H3 u/ ?% o4 o$ l) S  Brazilians.the centrepiece of the carnival is samba(桑巴舞),a typical Brazilian dance.Every- b) {- m( h2 O7 ]' R# ~4 S) v
  year,tens of thousands of visitors and locals show off their passion and energy iu the streets.
- y+ |1 q' j/ N# A# |  following the beat(节拍)of the Latin music.4 ]( C% P; h+ W! w- g- M" L
  The climax to this street party is the float(彩车)parade,in which floats decorated with tons
0 g* a* K% Q5 w& |7 K0 n  of fresh flowers by various samba schools and local communities move through the city.On the. S1 o( h4 v2 J5 P" t+ N. x6 ]  R* N
  top of each float stands the candidate for the Drum Queen,who is chosen at the end of the party.7 g2 f% b( b: M5 _2 h
  while most people are free to enjoy the celebrations。Rio’s police officers have to keep a, h5 x1 s% M. P2 n
  clear head.Following the murder of three offlcers in a gunfight early last week,the Brazilian
) T5 N4 u1 n) P3 ]! i5 `  Government has tightened security in Rio.The street fighting,robbery and sex crimes that
+ R) o- ~0 K, S) B# G" r; H  accompany the carnival are very difficult to police.# @. f1 ^% M4 u- ~3 I; C
  Carnivals began in ancient Rome as a celebration at which people fed wild wolves,in honour of the city’s founder who was said to have been raised by a she—wolf.Brazil gave new life to this tradition and so.despite the troubles.the carnival will remain a symbol of the country’s culture.
$ D, G3 r9 ]1 t% t- u  36 According to the passage.during the Carnival people in Rio did all of the following
- R% }1 @4 F: U# Z& J  EXCEPT
5 U, d( ?& Z& t& M) g- \  A dancing in the streets.
5 M1 b/ H1 V7 ]; _: s7 ?  B putting on colorful clothes5 @3 o+ z! W8 p# Z
  C eating a lot of food.
. d# P, l3 q4 Q2 i% d; L  D holding exciting parades.
% `& k6 q4 Y: L  m; A  37How long does the carnival last?
' M  P- ]% h- o  A Six days.
# y; U; K; p+ E  B2 s3 z  B A whole week.
* c7 w( ?& y# h$ {: u* U  C Eight days
; K& v- n6 i) J$ P) y8 f$ w  D The whole of February
2 H+ D; b; j2 a4 P" J) x  38The word“centerpiece’’in the 3rd paragraph means
8 Y' O8 I" u% @* |, g  A the most important part.
7 W1 _. {' G5 Z" m  n9 K! X  B the middle part/ _, K4 a  x, J; k5 F/ ?8 F+ x
  C the central part of the city. C' A, d9 V. B! }  S
  D the most attractive decoration
0 T- n: e" Q% h: c0 E" h0 W  39According to the passage,Bob Nadkami is7 M  b/ l  W+ f! Q# }
  A a Brazilian who has come back from Britain.. }5 |" I% M9 |$ ]; X1 e' K
  B a British man who visits Rio for the carnival.
2 D2 @! x) J* ]6 {. Q! w  C a British man who has come to live in Brazil.
: z$ l9 {. n  Z6 ]) W# h; N7 {  D a Brazilian who is attracted by the carnival.
; d4 U# f3 E% B5 M6 \  Which of the following statements is INCORRECT?5 l- z0 e- S* Y  Y/ c4 h
  A The earliest carnivals were held in ancient Rome  h8 g) X* f6 P  G
  B Carnivals were originally a tradition of the Brazilians
: p7 o* _+ @- [* K# z) ?( q0 S  C Carnivals were originally a tradition of the Romans.3 e% c% x) {" E+ U$ T6 G3 I1 A; L; e
  D The Brazilians have integrated the Roman carnival into their culture.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-22 21:12 , Processed in 0.430215 second(s), 21 queries .