QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 65|回复: 0

[职称英语真题] 2005年职称英语综合类B级考试真题(4)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 23:23:33 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  第4部分:阅读理解(第31~45题,每题3分,共45分)
# V, ?4 C  m% x- c( c- i  下面有3篇短文,每篇短文后有5道题,每道题后面有4个选项。请根据文章的内容从每题所给的4个选项中选择1个最佳答案,涂在答题卡相应的位置上。: a- n( m* `/ M
  第一篇, d9 Y% k& `0 d% z* {
  Two People,Two Paths$ m  v" \1 ]/ Z, F% t/ N- F
  You must be familiar with the situation:Dad’s driving,Mum’s telling him where to go.He’s
7 }: i3 K4 a$ l% Y$ ^% @  sure that they need to turn 1eft.But she says it’s not for another two blocks.Who has the better( B" }  P; A4 k. r
  sense of direction?Men or women?7 H3 V% E' i! Y: W. ^
  They both do,a new study says.but in different ways.4 h9 Z( q6 C8 U2 _/ i
  Men and women.Canadian researchers have found,have different methods of finding their7 j; R0 k# i$ B  W/ @
  way.Men look quickly at landmarks f地标)and head off in what they think is the right direction
+ ^: r: f- M  Z  Women.however.try to picture the whole route in detail and then f01low the path in their head,
, a+ Y" C* T5 ~& K7 a+ X  “Women tend to be more detailed.”said Edward Cornell,who led the study。“while men$ m( v" I: j( W* K: e& h- A
  tend to be a little bit faster and…a little bit more intuitive(直觉感知的)”
9 ?/ T9 e3 ^; y  In fact.said Cornell.“sense of direction”isn’t one skill but two.8 T# ?9 k) T. f1 \
  The first is the“survey method,’.This is when you see an area from above,such as a printed9 P" u) U3 d2 q/ c  P
  map You can see.for example,where the hospital is,where the church is and that the3 u4 }0 Y' W6 g! u. p
  supermarket is on its right6 @, A5 k+ i' V6 n2 n0 b
  The second skill is the“route method”This is when you use a series of directions.Yon start
9 c" t1 h2 V- Y0 b1 p  from the hospital.then turn 1eft.turn right,go uphill—and then you see the supermarket.
( H2 v; [/ Y) Y/ w4 n  Men are more likely to use the survey method while women are more likely to use one route) ?& E9 ?6 ~# b4 m- i
  and follow directions( n+ N0 ?8 \, N; G+ B: j! [
  Both work.and neither is better2 B. r. Y* S# Q3 P! b
  Some scientists insist that these different skills have a long history.They argue it is because' v. p* I) v( f. G
  of the difference in traditional roles.' t7 W" V: @' X: `* ^, W
  In ancient times.young men often went far away with the older men to fish or hunt The trip
+ L: M4 }: _& h; T3 x! G' @0 X; Z  took hours or days and covered unfamiliar places.The only way to know where you were was to
( z9 n( f3 p5 G3 Q, m  use the survey method to remember landmarks—the mountains.the 1akes and so on.
# S' ]+ B( L2 w7 J  The women,on the other hand,took young girls out to find fruits and plants.These# p3 J6 [$ l3 M9 c$ ^; W
  activities were much closer to home but required learning well—used paths.So,women’s sense of space was based on learning certain routes
4 ~! U* `4 D0 I1 Y1 R  31 When finding his way Dad tends to rely on
' H: y" ?/ \; \" M7 P: ]  A his intuitive knowledge- z0 x2 `3 Z1 q0 p' b4 n5 R( ~
  B his book knowledge.
1 x3 N+ g* B' c( w0 ^  C Mum’s assistance.  J5 J- ?: H" E  o3 k; {$ [! O
  D the police’s assistance,( H/ ]  E/ b1 c. z- P& }
  32 Women are more likely to use
) M( t! m! c" R5 P. j# X  A 山e survey method* n1 W0 ?" i7 k- [0 i' Z
  B the traditional method.
# G9 b/ V6 M  ~9 H( U% _  C the route method  M* }2 @6 X& Q
  D the right method.
5 Y6 e6 F# p3 a6 e$ ^# t2 e  33 Which works better.the route method or the survey method?
- s) X) u( i: T( a  A The survey method+ L. }( W$ ~" V, r7 X4 X4 ^
  B 111e route method.* s6 X0 l6 [3 z0 P' A/ }
  C Either.
8 A4 h1 ]" k+ E9 J  D Neither) x; {$ a# a  l$ x
  34 Which of the following is NOT a landmark?
$ C- _- k% e% I  A Along river.3 T8 G9 f! F  ~; ^' U$ ~
  B A high mountain.* I+ y& ?7 S$ x
  C A magnificent church' D. Y4 g; p' E6 Y$ V
  D A path in your head
  e) E! P  q. E  c  35 Women developed a sense of space out of the need0 v6 Q4 R, a/ c  O
  A to go fishing.- u, `- }% C7 i9 a; Y4 E: e( Q
  B to go hunting.8 Y! I3 Z/ S# `! D  a
  C to learn well-used paths.* Y' R7 a% |7 b& q
  D to go swimming.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-22 21:25 , Processed in 0.239242 second(s), 21 queries .