QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 52|回复: 0

[职称英语真题] 2005年职称英语综合类B级考试真题(3)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 23:23:33 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  第3部分:概括大意与完成句子 (第23~30题,每题1分,共8分)
7 Y4 j. J; f  h9 }; A$ I  阅读下面这篇短文,短文后有2项测试任务:(1)第23~26题要求从所给的6个选项中为第2—5段每段选择1个正确的小标题;(2)第27~30题要求从所给的6个选项中选择4个正确选项,分别完成每个句子。请将答案涂在答题卡相应的位置上。# z7 W1 ~) Q5 e" M- L- J
  Even Intelligent People Can Fail
" T' b) @: ]. X  1 The striking thing about the innovators who succeeded in making our modern world is how
5 T+ \  i5 Z1 {: q  often they failed.Turn oil a light,take a photograph,watch TV,search the web,jet across the/ f1 X5 }* N' i1 b
  Pacific Ocean.talk on a cellphone(手机).The innovators who left us these things had to find the
$ F' J' j4 H) ?% I6 `9 ?+ N  way to success through a maze(错综复杂)of wrong turns.$ l  t& A' A1 Z- A0 ~
  2 We have just celebrated the 125th anniversary of American innovator Thomas Edison’s/ p/ }6 F  L" Q- l$ C( b
  success in heating n thin line to white,hot heat for 14 hours in his lab in New Jersey,US.He did5 B# g. t4 x& }0 C% ^
  that on October 22.1879.and followed up a month later by keeping a thread of common
4 y0 L2 R) W6 d, {, E1 f, w6 v  cardboard alight(点亮着的)in an airless space for 45 hours.Three years later he went on to light+ H7 `5 @  q9 m7 P
  up half a square mile of downtown Manhattan,even though only one of the six power plants in
: n3 C$ E6 K: L6 ~) p, E8 d  his design worked when he turned it on,on September 4,1882.
. W$ p+ F) \. i  }! _  3 “Many of 1ife’S failures”the supreme innovator said.“are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up”Before that magical moment in October 1879.& b+ p9 j$ _+ F2 C! F7 A% c
  Edison had worked out no fewer than 3.000 theories about electric light.But in only two cases did; [. f; Q0 B$ v# B' _2 l
  his experiments work.  s2 R  L# ^: l8 r' {
  4 N0 one likes failure,but the smart innovators learn from it.Mark Gumz.the head of the& D1 t4 ]4 l0 r( z7 O2 `
  camera maker Olympus America Inc.attributes some of the company’S successes in technology( m* p7 N4 B2 h2 m$ l) D. @
  to understanding failure.His popular phrase is:“You only fail when you quit”: p( Z7 L; U! |, K8 l+ E  b1 H/ q$ J2 g
  5 0ver two centuries,the most common quality of the innovators has been persistence That is$ b( u# o' _; t+ o
  another way of saying they had the emotional ability to keep up what they were doing.Walt
9 u/ Q2 }- w7 t  Disney,the founder of Disneyland,was so broke after a succession of financial failures that he
8 u6 }- _% D' `+ ~& X8 W  was left shoeless in his office because he could not afford the US$1.50 to get his shoes from the
+ p2 S+ z; S% R- o5 w  repair shop.Pioneering Car maker Henry Ford failed with one company and was forced out of
7 ]0 z+ f# b7 |' i7 R5 r* r5 n  another before he developed the Model T Car.% Y- C4 s4 [0 u+ S/ q: |4 V3 v2 z
  6 Failure is harder to bear in today’s open,accelerated world.Hardly any innovation works
2 f3 j/ t- E; c1 D  the first time But an impatient society and the media want instant success When American: C8 r" `# r- @- g& G
  music and movie master David Geffen had a difficult time,a critic said nastily that the only2 l" X) s$ e4 }) Y1 n
  difference between Geffen Records (Geffen’s company)and the Titanic(the ship that went down) was that the Titanic had better music.Actually,it wasn’t.After four years of 10sses.Geffen had so many hits(成功的作品)he could afford a ship as big as the Titanic all to himself.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-22 21:27 , Processed in 0.221523 second(s), 21 queries .